[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

@CobaltWolf After doing a more..... radical aproach concerning my crash problems with 1.3 I think I managed to narrow the source down to either: ASET Props, Raster Prop Monitor, Docking Port Alignment Indicator or Mechjeb2....  after removing every mod and installing them one after another plus making sure I had the latest version of every last mod I use, it seems to work now.

Thus I think it's safe to say that BDB 1.2.2 with the latest versions of DMM, CRP & B9 seems to work on KSP 1.3.

Thanks for your help yesterday... err... this morning :wink:

Btw: any ETA on the next release?

EDIT: Although there seem to be a few smaller bugs. For example: the Saturn LEM adapter is opened by default and it seems is unable to be closed and the umbilical is detached from the CM.

Edited by Dark_Dragon26

12 hours ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

Hmm... I'd have thought that shouldn't be the case any longer but I could try to completely delete BDB, DMM, CRP & B9 and reinstall them. I hope that'll work.... I'd really hate to forgo your Saturn. I enjoyed yours most so far. With the FASA one I kinda always had problems with certain parts not connecting together or the LES flipping me over and pulling me straight into the ground when firing it from the ramp :P (not to mention the glitches when trying to dock to the LEM). While I'm already at the LES, I want to mention your Apollo LES is the most awesome LES I've used in KSP as of yet. Most stable flight profile I've seen on all other LES' so far, besides the details (like the different abort modes or the deploying canards. I didn't even know about those canards before I used BDB!).

3 hours ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

@CobaltWolf After doing a more..... radical aproach concerning my crash problems with 1.3 I think I managed to narrow the source down to either: ASET Props, Raster Prop Monitor, Docking Port Alignment Indicator or Mechjeb2....  after removing every mod and installing them one after another plus making sure I had the latest version of every last mod I use, it seems to work now.

Thus I think it's safe to say that BDB 1.2.2 with the latest versions of DMM, CRP & B9 seems to work on KSP 1.3.

Thanks for your help yesterday... err... this morning :wink:

Btw: any ETA on the next release?

EDIT: Although there seem to be a few smaller bugs. For example: the Saturn LEM adapter is opened by default and it seems is unable to be closed and the umbilical is detached from the CM.

Oh dear - those are two of the things that need our plugin to function correctly. That might require more testing then!

My and @Jso are trying to put out a release this weekend, I just converted all the textures back to DDS this morning and then I will have to do some more cleanup of the files to get rid of misc stuff floating around the Github. He has to wait until tonight (my timezone! :P ) to take another look at the plugin and ensure it's working.

And you have to blame him and @Kurld for the awesome LES; I just threw together the textures.

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh dear - those are two of the things that need our plugin to function correctly. That might require more testing then!

We're good. They work fine on a clean install.

@Dark_Dragon26 latest versions are fine for part mods (those without DLL's). For plugin mods you'll want versions updated for 1.3 or you'll likely have headaches.

The update plan is wait for @CobaltWolf to finish cleaning up the graphics files, do a final 1.2.2 release, then update the plugin and do a 1.3 release. And I need to try to get the slider for the boiloff settings working again.

29 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

My and @Jso are trying to put out a release this weekend, I just converted all the textures back to DDS this morning and then I will have to do some more cleanup of the files to get rid of misc stuff floating around the Github. He has to wait until tonight (my timezone! :P ) to take another look at the plugin and ensure it's working.

This weekend? That'd be neat. Looking forward to it, I've been itching to do another mission to the mun for a few days now.

29 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

And you have to blame him and @Kurld for the awesome LES; I just threw together the textures.

Well, it looks as great as it flies :wink:

10 minutes ago, Jso said:

We're good. They work fine on a clean install.

@Dark_Dragon26 latest versions are fine for part mods (those without DLL's). For plugin mods you'll want versions updated for 1.3 or you'll likely have headaches.

Yup, my bad. Forgot to put in the 1.3 BDB.dll from GitHub after removing and reinstalling BDB and it's dependencies earlier. With the 1.3 .dll it works fine.

Edited by Dark_Dragon26

I just noticed something else: taking into account the size of a whole Sarnus stack, it's surprisingly stable in itself.

Considering KerbalJointReinforcement doesn't really work with KSP 1.3 yet and how my heavy lifter just shook itself apart on the launchpad (to the point of exploding completely) and that the Sarnus is about 1.5x as large as said lifter, it stands straight like a pole, even in flight.

Honestly didn't expect such stability from a rocket of that size without KJR. Quite awesome.

BDB, the latest master with no other mods is crashing 1.2.2. previous versions of the master didnt, and I removed all other mods but BDB and its included dependencies.

last line in the log before it ends: [LOG 12:33:00.470] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S4_Tankage/bluedog_Saturn_S4_Tankage' has no database record. Creating

3 hours ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

I just noticed something else: taking into account the size of a whole Sarnus stack, it's surprisingly stable in itself.

Considering KerbalJointReinforcement doesn't really work with KSP 1.3 yet and how my heavy lifter just shook itself apart on the launchpad (to the point of exploding completely) and that the Sarnus is about 1.5x as large as said lifter, it stands straight like a pole, even in flight.

Honestly didn't expect such stability from a rocket of that size without KJR. Quite awesome.

Autostruts. Autostruts everywhere.

23 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

BDB, the latest master with no other mods is crashing 1.2.2. previous versions of the master didnt, and I removed all other mods but BDB and its included dependencies.

last line in the log before it ends: [LOG 12:33:00.470] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S4_Tankage/bluedog_Saturn_S4_Tankage' has no database record. Creating

I updated DMagicScienceAnimate yesterday because we were preparing for 1.3 release. I didn't realize that Jso wanted to do one last 1.2 release.

On another note, I posted something of a tutorial for how I texture my panels.

All my 1.2.2 peoples! Rejoice! The last release for 1.2.2 is up, leaving the 1.3 release in @Jso's capable hands.

Unfortunately, I messed up! And accidentally marked it as being for 1.3 on Spacedock... sooooo.... yeah. If anyone has an issue with that, I'm not helping. The proper 1.3 release should be very soon... :P

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/releases/tag/v1.1.5

I'm having a weird problem when I use your parts in my spacecraft they launch OK but after a while all the individual pieces of the craft start to shake violently. It still does so while in warp speed. It looks like it's about to come apart but it doesn't. I'm so confused.

Final 1.2 re-release (to fix the spacedock version number snafu).

KSP 1.3 release

Changelog

Spoiler

KSP 1.3 release.

1.1.5b
Final Ksp 1.2.2 release.
New parts:
-Sea level J-2
-Mini radial decoupler
-Titan 1.875m radial decoupler
-Sputnik 3 probe core.
-Centaur D3 and D5 tanks.

-Lots of new textures everywhere.

-Moved Prometheus IV single chamber engine to Heavy Rocketry. Adjusted alternator, cost and mass. Changed title to Prometheus-X-350.
-MOL lab settings tweaked to generate science faster. Mass and cost adjusted.
-OSO experiment mass fixed.
-S1E engine mount, SLA heat tolerance increased.
-RCS cost balanced.
-Balloon and Cryo tanks cost reduced.
-All engines cost adjusted. Huge solids now very expensive.
-More tags

17 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

I'm having a weird problem when I use your parts in my spacecraft they launch OK but after a while all the individual pieces of the craft start to shake violently. It still does so while in warp speed. It looks like it's about to come apart but it doesn't. I'm so confused.

I have the same issue, but only sometimes (and not only with BDB parts). I think it is due to another mod, possibly Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. At least, that's my best guess.

1 hour ago, minepagan said:

I have the same issue, but only sometimes (and not only with BDB parts). I think it is due to another mod, possibly Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. At least, that's my best guess.

I think you are right Minepagan,   I had similar but not the same issues with KJR in the past (back in late 0.90 IIRC.)  It was then KJR interacting with some other DLLs weirdly that caused it....  With the new advanced tweakables it is better in my opinion NOT to use KJR.      I have not had KJR on KSP since 1.2.   Sure with out KJR spindle rockets are hard to fly until you unlock the ability to autostrut but.....  no game issues.

8qNJscT.jpg
To Send crew to the Moon, I've decided to make a... strange rocket. Project 'Rogers' will consist of 3 identical tanks, a science section based loosely off of my 'Charlie' Single-use space station, and a lander/booster with enough engine to move the entire stack. Unfortunately, those 8-ton tanks are too heavy to be taken up by my 7- ton Duncan, so I've had to invent a new 'super-Duncan' core (Titan IV with Titan II tanks)

@e of pi's Dawn of the Dragon gave me the idea.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

Well, I was hoping to have the first WIP part for the new release up tonight, but I wound up spending 12 hours in a color correction suite today and my eyes/head are killing me from looking at a dark screen all day. But here you can see it, modeling and UV unwrapping courtesy of @IronCretin, for whom I see a bright future in modding. :) I know it's not exactly going to be the most useful part, but it only will take maybe an hour total to texture using space leftover on the Explorer 1's texture sheet, and it is SUPER CUTE.

n2wULOd.png

19 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I think you are right Minepagan,   I had similar but not the same issues with KJR in the past (back in late 0.90 IIRC.)  It was then KJR interacting with some other DLLs weirdly that caused it....  With the new advanced tweakables it is better in my opinion NOT to use KJR.      I have not had KJR on KSP since 1.2.   Sure with out KJR spindle rockets are hard to fly until you unlock the ability to autostrut but.....  no game issues.

The thing is, though, that I started a new save with KJR and it doesn't have any issues. So.....maybe it was just that version, or an interaction with another mod. Idk, but that means it isn't KJR on it's own.

On 05/06/2017 at 2:50 PM, CobaltWolf said:

6RbksXl.png

Unbelievably cute

@CobaltWolf On another note; bug or feature? :sticktongue:

kEmQOtV.png

The inline version on the other hand does not seem to thrust in any particular direction.

My saves are on 1.2.2 but the same issue's there for the 1.3 version of bdb.

Edited by 500Motels
Pingin'

hi, 

i just installed this mode but i have a issues:

-how do you mount parachutes on kane 11 command module?

-how do you build saturn rocket your manuals are good for stages but i have issues with upper part where lander and orbiter are?