[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

7 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I found a logical flaw.

7 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I just put up PR #322 which changes it to NEEDS:[SigmaDimensions] to fix this problem.

3 hours ago, Jso said:

Merged. Thanks!

Thank you so much for finding this and fixing it so quickly! @Jso there is an issue with the normal maps on the Apollo capsule in the last release (I think!), with messes significantly with the lighting on the pod. As much as I don't want to have to touch that old part againm I will have to try and reexport them ASAP. We can push a hotfix with that and anything else we need.

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

btw, the PF-base 1.875m for BDB switches back to 1.5m when right-clicking it in VAB - is it because the tech tree not far enough?

I ask because the normal BDB fairing base works without this flaw.

We still have a PF patch..? :o
(I didn't expect there to be a Kerbal smiley for that!)

Anyways, I wanted to finish the textures for the main Skylab segments this weekend and get them polished, perhaps for inclusion in the above mentioned hotfix. However, I was a bit busy presenting my senior film after 9 months of work! Since this is my thread, I'm going to share it even though it's off topic. :P

zUTUKWx.jpg

Hi,

First, I am relatively new to BDB.  You deserve a serious pat on the back.  I just had Kamericans and Krussians collaborate to land on mun lol.

Second:  I noticed that your BDB resupply components can only carry ore?  From my reading on the lists here, it seems that this is an interim move?  Would it be possible for those parts to provide a choice between ore, and the various fuel types?  I use freighters to bring fuel to my orbital stations for resupply, it would be cool to use your parts for that.  Or, could you point me to a file to hack I can make the change local?

Your awesome,

David

1 hour ago, debaker02 said:

Second:  I noticed that your BDB resupply components can only carry ore?  From my reading on the lists here, it seems that this is an interim move?  Would it be possible for those parts to provide a choice between ore, and the various fuel types?  I use freighters to bring fuel to my orbital stations for resupply, it would be cool to use your parts for that.  Or, could you point me to a file to hack I can make the change local?

Since there is a wide variety of other parts that carry fuel it wasn't added to reduce clutter in the menus. If you've got a life support mod those resources will show up in the cargo containers, but you can set them up to carry anything you want.

Under the Bluedog_DB\Compatability folder the supply.cfg for the individual life support mods sets up the cargo containers.

This bit of MM will add LFO and MonoProp. Just stick it in your own cfg somewhere in GameData (I make a folder called zzzMyMods for personal configs).

Spoiler

// Define templates for new cargo items
B9_TANK_TYPE
{
	// A unique template name
	name = MyCargoLFOX

// Leave alone
	tankMass = 0.0015
	tankCost = 1.5

// List of resources for this template
	// unitsPerVolume should total 1 for stock resources. 5 for most CRP resources.
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		unitsPerVolume = 0.45
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		unitsPerVolume = 0.55
	}
}

B9_TANK_TYPE
{
	name = MyCargoMonoProp
	tankMass = 0.0015
	tankCost = 1.5

RESOURCE
	{
		name = MonoPropellant
		unitsPerVolume = 1
	}
}

// Add the templates to the parts
@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[cargoSwitch]]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]:AFTER[Bluedog_DB_1]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	{
		SUBTYPE
		{
			// This is the display name for the menu
			name = LFO

// Your template name from above
			tankType = MyCargoLFOX

// Leave alone
			addedMass = #$../../tank_mass$
			@addedMass *= -1
			addedCost = #$../../tank_plus_fuel_cost$
			@addedCost *= -1
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = MonoProp
			tankType = MyCargoMonoProp
			@addedMass *= -1
			@addedCost *= -1
		}
	}
}

59 minutes ago, Jso said:

Since there is a wide variety of other parts that carry fuel it wasn't added to reduce clutter in the menus. If you've got a life support mod those resources will show up in the cargo containers, but you can set them up to carry anything you want.

Under the Bluedog_DB\Compatability folder the supply.cfg for the individual life support mods sets up the cargo containers.

This bit of MM will add LFO and MonoProp. Just stick it in your own cfg somewhere in GameData (I make a folder called zzzMyMods for personal configs).

Reveal hidden contents

// Define templates for new cargo items
B9_TANK_TYPE
{
	// A unique template name
	name = MyCargoLFOX

// Leave alone
	tankMass = 0.0015
	tankCost = 1.5

// List of resources for this template
	// unitsPerVolume should total 1 for stock resources. 5 for most CRP resources.
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		unitsPerVolume = 0.45
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		unitsPerVolume = 0.55
	}
}

B9_TANK_TYPE
{
	name = MyCargoMonoProp
	tankMass = 0.0015
	tankCost = 1.5

RESOURCE
	{
		name = MonoPropellant
		unitsPerVolume = 1
	}
}

// Add the templates to the parts
@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[cargoSwitch]]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]:AFTER[Bluedog_DB_1]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	{
		SUBTYPE
		{
			// This is the display name for the menu
			name = LFO

// Your template name from above
			tankType = MyCargoLFOX

// Leave alone
			@addedMass *= -1
			@addedCost *= -1
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = MonoProp
			tankType = MyCargoMonoProp
			@addedMass *= -1
			@addedCost *= -1
		}
	}
}

Thanks so much!

On 6/11/2017 at 8:16 PM, CobaltWolf said:

...[a]nyways, I wanted to finish the textures for the main Skylab segments this weekend and get them polished, perhaps for inclusion in the above mentioned hotfix. However, I was a bit busy presenting my senior film after 9 months of work! Since this is my thread, I'm going to share it even though it's off topic. :P

zUTUKWx.jpg

You bastar d. You prioritize your real life over us? How dare you. /s

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

I just found these in the log during load:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Delta/bluedog_DeltaK_FairingTank/bluedog_DeltaK_FairingTank'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format
  at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator66.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

and a little later

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.DeltaK.FairingTank.PF'

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part+<Start>c__Iterator3A.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl0qzcrzsxjetgt/2017-06-14-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

11 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I just found these in the log during load:

Can't really troubleshoot a setup with that many mods installed. Try a clean install with just BDB, the latest Procedural Fairings and Firespitter, and the PF configs. The Firespitter core included in that download is for 1.1.3 I think. Perhaps I should update that.

I haven't had an opportunity to play with procedural fairings with 1.3 so I have no clue if those configs still work.

I have a request - A smaller RD-180 for use in Atlas III rockets.
Atlas V's engine is too big to use in the Atlas III, which some people may want to use. Shrinking the width of the engine from 250 centimeters to 187.5 centimeters would make the engine usable in this function.

(Plus we could re-engine the Titan IV with RD-180s - create a new 'meta' rocket.)

I'm seeing massive wiggling("Wet Noodle" effect) with some of the larger rockets especially the Sarnus SV in KSP.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and if it can be corrected?

Hi guys, I've got some problems with BDB atm...

I was running the v1.1.5b version with KSP 1.2.2 - but when KSP wants to load the Apollo Block 2 Active Docking Mechanism after Loading Asset Bundle Definitions the game just crashes. ;.;

Is there any way you can help me, or I helping you helping me? (helpception) :blush:

44 minutes ago, Tuko said:

I'm seeing massive wiggling("Wet Noodle" effect) with some of the larger rockets especially the Sarnus SV in KSP.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and if it can be corrected?

Turn on advanced tweakables in settings. Right click on the parts that wobble and pick autostrut to heaviest part. For Saturn just do it to the LES and the fuel tanks above the first stage and you should be ok. The big heavy solids will need it as well on Titan rockets.

11 minutes ago, Jso said:

Turn on advanced tweakables in settings. Right click on the parts that wobble and pick autostrut to heaviest part. For Saturn just do it to the LES and the fuel tanks above the first stage and you should be ok. The big heavy solids will need it as well on Titan rockets.

Thanks Quabbo, I'm surprised there isn't a way to build rigidity into the parts.

The Bluedog Parts are by far the best ones I've seen and after building the rockets as per the PDF document I was really surprised to see the wobbling performance going nuts, lol.

I never used the advanced tweakables before and appreciate the help.

Also, I'm playing in career mode and just curious if adding autostrut increases the cost of the part?

9 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I have a request - A smaller RD-180 for use in Atlas III rockets.
Atlas V's engine is too big to use in the Atlas III, which some people may want to use. Shrinking the width of the engine from 250 centimeters to 187.5 centimeters would make the engine usable in this function.
(Plus we could re-engine the Titan IV with RD-180s - create a new 'meta' rocket.)

It's on the roadmap... I can only work on so much at once.

2 hours ago, Quabbo said:

Hi guys, I've got some problems with BDB atm...

I was running the v1.1.5b version with KSP 1.2.2 - but when KSP wants to load the Apollo Block 2 Active Docking Mechanism after Loading Asset Bundle Definitions the game just crashes. ;.;

Is there any way you can help me, or I helping you helping me? (helpception) :blush:

Can you verify that everything you're using is the 1.2.2 version? There have been a lot of issues with mixing 1.3 and 1.2.2 versions and it causing random crashed on random parts.

1 hour ago, Jso said:

1 hour ago, Tuko said:

Thanks Quabbo, I'm surprised there isn't a way to build rigidity into the parts.

The Bluedog Parts are by far the best ones I've seen and after building the rockets as per the PDF document I was really surprised to see the wobbling performance going nuts, lol.

I never used the advanced tweakables before and appreciate the help.

Also, I'm playing in career mode and just curious if adding autostrut increases the cost of the part?

I don't think it adds to the cost, and on top of it all, it doesn't add to the part count for physics purposes.

Of course, I personally just use KJR since it basically autostruts everything and saves me the time of doing it myself.

1 hour ago, Cadet_BNSF said:

Is the new update name really Russian for texture? Or is it just transliterated into Russian?

It's just transliterated :wink: I do it because it amuses me and, well, simply transliterating is funnier to me then honestly translating.

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can you verify that everything you're using is the 1.2.2 version? There have been a lot of issues with mixing 1.3 and 1.2.2 versions and it causing random crashed on random parts.

Well, my Module Manager wasn't...

Thanks and keep up the good work :cool:

14 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't think it adds to the cost, and on top of it all, it doesn't add to the part count for physics purposes.

Of course, I personally just use KJR since it basically autostruts everything and saves me the time of doing it myself.

I'm using KSP 1.3, does KJR compatible with KSP 1.3?

Would you provide a patch to include FARControllableSurface into the following part?

• Bluedog_DB/Parts/EarlyRockets/bluedog_redstoneCS/bluedog_redstoneCS

I would much appreciate that.

Reason:

Edited by Gordon Dry

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Would you provide a patch to include FARControllableSurface into the following part?

Reason:

So,  you want less realistic aerodynamics? :confused:  OK I guess...    <--- Sorry that is MY opinion on FAR.

1. BlueDog Database has been around since at-least, 2015, did you notice ANY parts that had FAR support in the BlueDog_DB?
  2. Did you read this forum to see what previous requests for FAR support have begot?
  3. Did you look in the BlueDog Compatibility folder to see what mods BlueDog_DB actually supports and interacts with?

It appears by your post in the plugin workshop that many mods you use DO NOT support FAR but you still have FAR installed in the misguided belief that it improves the game...    Just to be clear... unless ALL the MODS you use FULLY  supports FAR in every aspect... you are better off in NuStock aero.  There will be less headaches and you will have a similar flying experience....  I could go all night as to why this is the case but suffice to say FAR, NuStock Aero...  Both have advantages, Both have Disadvantages....

Here is the problem with your request,   @CobaltWolf, @Jso et al made a patch for this one part...they would have to make a patch for EVERY part in the BlueDog DB that was exposed to aerodynamic forces... or could be.    That is a lot of work for people who do this for FREE and who don't get enough of their own play time in game...    They chose to sacrifice their own game playing time to build this awesome mod for you to play with.   You are asking them to devote man months of work to add capability that they personally do not seem to want or care about.

Now, I am not a developer of this or any mod (that has been published.)   So I don't speak for the above listed developers.   However I think you would be better off going to the FAR forum and asking nicely what YOU could do to make MM patch files to support FAR. Then offering your own blood sweat and tears to make the files for all the aerodynamically important parts for BlueDog DB, and allowing CobaltWolf et al to post it in their Extras folder.   IF or WHEN my own work is to a level I think others would appreciate... I plan on doing this.

Now, If you haven't popped your lid because I am saying your request is un-realistic and suggesting that you do the work yourself.. I will give you a couple forum links where likely nicer people than me are often willing to teach people like you and me how to do this work ourselves when we ask nicely and show we have already tried what is listed in the appropriate forums before.

I hope you have read my post completely and understand that I am trying to give you a way to get these "edits" in game...   It is just not for free with you sitting by and waiting for someone else to do it.

12 hours ago, Pappystein said:

snip rant

Down boy.

15 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

We would need someone who uses FAR to provide a working patch. If I'm reading the FAR docs correctly all the lifting surfaces will need an adjustment.

I asked here and on other mod's threads because I had the idea (perhaps I'm totally wrong) that there are people out there who know how to write / change MM patches like sleepwalking.
So it would be a matter of a few minutes to do so.

But perhaps these kind of professionals are rare and have so many requests that it overwhelms ...

I'm still not sure if the learning curve for MM patches is steep or not - which ofc depends the kind of patch to be done.

In this special case, a simple copy&paste from other mod's patches for FAR on control interfaces could not be enough - I already guessed and your last sentence seems to confirm that.

But I think - afaik myself :cool: - I will start doing patches ...