[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

t189.gif

I believe that hose nozzle that you are referring to is for liquid oxygen and fuel filling and draining.

8 hours ago, Daishi said:

That's my (boring) job :)

If CobaltWolf wants to add my attach nodes to his parts (when I get them finalized), my mod should hopefully tie in nicely with his style. Most of my stuff is now morphing to resemble real life space equipment so they shouldn't look that out of place. It's always been my goal to create a stock-a-like service bay system, and if it can work alongside mods with similar aims, why not! 

That would be awesome, I haven't really used any of the Universal Storage parts for my BDB or FASA constructions because the styles don't usually match but being able to incorporate matching parts would be great!

Edited by gc1ceo

4 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

What about the exhaust nozzle (or whatever it is) at the bottom of the sustainer engine? it's not critical but it does look cool.

2 hours ago, gc1ceo said:

I believe that hose nozzle that you are referring to is for liquid oxygen and fuel filling and draining.

That would be awesome, I haven't really used any of the Universal Storage parts for my BDB or FASA constructions because the styles don't usually match but being able to incorporate matching parts would be great!

He's talking about the turbopump exhaust for the boosters, which on Atlas shared a common exhaust in the early models. You can't see it in the image I posted, but it's there. The one in the image @NeoFatalis linked is bigger than in all the other images I've seen. Here's the other side of the rocket, you can see the pipe. Also, this should go without saying but the textures are very WIP.

E6ofp08.png

22 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I've recently updated BDB to KSP 1.3, and, for some reason, 50% of my craft won't load because of a missing part:

BDB.SRBNoseCone

There's no part by that name. Our parts all start with "bluedog_".

hello to all, and thanks for this great mod.

I am having some problems with missing parts, from the bluedog group.

The apollo CSM Bl.4.craft says that it is missing "bluedog_Apollo_Block4_MissionModule" part.  There is no part of that name in the parts dir.  This same part is also missing from another craft.

The parts dir shows parts for Block3 and then Block5 but nothing for the Block4.

is this a simple name problem and if so what do i need to change.??

many thanks again for this great mod.

Cheers,

EDIT: other craft with missing part(s)

Mars/Venbus flyby ship missing bluedog.Apollo.Block4.MissionModule

Sarnus MLV 5-25L missing bluedog.Saturn.S4C.EngineMount

Saturn Multibody M02 missing bluedog.Saturn.S1F.Tankage

Edited by drtedastro

34 minutes ago, drtedastro said:

I am having some problems with missing parts, from the bluedog group. The apollo CSM Bl.4.craft says that it is missing "bluedog_Apollo_Block4_MissionModule" part.  There is no part of that name in the parts dir.  This same part is also missing from another craft. The parts dir shows parts for Block3 and then Block5 but nothing for the Block4.

is this a simple name problem and if so what do i need to change.??

I believe you'll need @Drakenex's Block 4 MM part cfg for that. The 'actual' Block IV MM hasn't been made yet (simply put, I ran out of room on the first extra texture sheet for Apollo, and published what I had), but he made a MM config that rescaled the Block III MM to fit it. @minepagan must've used it in one of his craft files. That will all be fixed #eventually.

too anyone who still looks at these, i am having an issue with my saturn 5 parts, it appears that the pedal decoupler for the LM is too big, the top of it creates a large lip with the csm and the bottom parts sticks out too far. while it doesnt affect performance, its just a huge eyesore, so if anyone can tell me something pleased do

I have little problems with the Sarnus Lander Adapter Module.
1. I cannot open the petals in VAB. There is a button but nothing happened
2. In space there is only the possibility to decouple. I have a Kane Spaceship at the top and nothing inside the Adapter Module. When I decouple, nothing happened. I cannot decouple the Kane. Also there is no possibility to open the petals in space.

1 minute ago, Cheesecake said:

I have little problems with the Sarnus Lander Adapter Module.
1. I cannot open the petals in VAB. There is a button but nothing happened
2. In space there is only the possibility to decouple. I have a Kane Spaceship at the top and nothing inside the Adapter Module. When I decouple, nothing happened. I cannot decouple the Kane. Also there is no possibility to open the petals in space.

You're missing the BDB.dll plugin somehow. Do a fresh install of the mod.

On 7/21/2017 at 11:06 AM, CobaltWolf said:

E6ofp08.png

Damn,  I go away for just a couple of days and you post this! :)   I CANT wait for THIS! .... but I will... If I have to... I guess...  :)

I assume those smudges in the WIP texture will eventually be "No attach" warning strip like your Blue-Streak?

Will colliders for the vertical "pods" on the side of the balloon tank allow attachment?

I STILL can't wait!   

PS bonus points for the first person to guess where I got the".but I will... If I have to... I guess"

2 hours ago, drtedastro said:

thanks for the reply.  good news.

I will hunt for the part via @Drakenex.

thanks...

Cheers.

You must get the github version, inside the BD_Extras folder there's a "SaturnMB.cfg" file, just put it wherever you want. Or create a .cfg file and put this:

+PART[bluedog_Apollo_Block3_MissionModule]
{
    @name = bluedog_Apollo_Block4_MissionModule
    @author = CobaltWolf Feat. Drakenex
    @MODEL
    {
        %scale = 1, 0.8, 1
    }
    @rescaleFactor = 1.3333
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.7895192, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.7895192, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
    @entryCost = 18000
    @cost = 6500
    @title = Apollo CSM Block IV Orbital Mission Module
    @description = An improvement over the Block III+ service module; Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger... well, get the idea?
    @mass = 1.2
    @tags = base cabin (can outpost passenger station tour tuna blockiv ets
}

Let me know if it works!

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

too anyone who still looks at these, i am having an issue with my saturn 5 parts, it appears that the pedal decoupler for the LM is too big, the top of it creates a large lip with the csm and the bottom parts sticks out too far. while it doesnt affect performance, its just a huge eyesore, so if anyone can tell me something pleased do

Either uninstall or update the Saturn_Rescale.cfg you somehow installed?

Just now, Drakenex said:

Had a little time this weekend to test it, and oh boy, what a beauty!! Big thanks again @CobaltWolf

Awesome! You might want to tweakscale the antennas down, the problem with the BDB probe stuff is that they were all made piecemeal so they aren't scaled perfectly like, say, Apollo.

Ok, I goofed up. I wanted to try skylab and installed the new BDB version. Then found out that it doesn't work with KSP1.2.2, so I deleted it and downloaded the last version that says it works with 1.2.2. Now, whenever I try to launch a rocket using BDB boosters, the plumes shoot sideways and the rockets can't lift off the pad (twr shows correct in engineer, and the thrust vector shows in the correct direction, so not sure what is going on)

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Awesome! You might want to tweakscale the antennas down, the problem with the BDB probe stuff is that they were all made piecemeal so they aren't scaled perfectly like, say, Apollo.

Oh yeah! 80% did it