[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 08/07/2017 at 9:06 AM, MaverickSawyer said:

Hmm... the mini decoupler seems to have a SEVERE lateral kick to the left (in the VAB) when firing..

Yeah I can confirm this, here's a before/after decoupling a small booster which is placed in 90° symmetry:

http://i.imgur.com/L7sC3kp.png and after http://i.imgur.com/XtUPgfM.png

And the 1.875m Titan radial decoupler seems to have it's two surface attachment nodes swapped. This is what happens when you just place a booster on one without any rotating of parts:

http://i.imgur.com/zaVSH7k.png

Note the booster inside the core stage. Placing the decoupler on the corealso  seems to place it a bit under the surface of the core. And even if I rotate everything to make it look right, I get explosions when staging away spent boosters using these decouplers. So not all bad!

Noticed that Near Future Tech now has a launcher pack and I figured I'd try it out with the rest of the NFT mods and Kerbal Atomics/Cryogenic Engines.

Before I do though, I thought I'd ask.. is BDB compatible with NFT and its cryo engines/boiloff mechanic?

37 minutes ago, Enorats said:

Noticed that Near Future Tech now has a launcher pack and I figured I'd try it out with the rest of the NFT mods and Kerbal Atomics/Cryogenic Engines.

Before I do though, I thought I'd ask.. is BDB compatible with NFT and its cryo engines/boiloff mechanic?

21 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

It is! I've used the Inon engine in place of the Cryo Engines 1.25m vacuum engine for a while now... it provides significantly better dV for an otherwise identical craft.

Uhh, yeah I think we are. If @MaverickSawyer says we are, it's his fault if something breaks now :D

12 hours ago, Rodger said:

Yeah I can confirm this, here's a before/after decoupling a small booster which is placed in 90° symmetry:

And the 1.875m Titan radial decoupler seems to have it's two surface attachment nodes swapped. This is what happens when you just place a booster on one without any rotating of parts:

Note the booster inside the core stage. Placing the decoupler on the corealso  seems to place it a bit under the surface of the core. And even if I rotate everything to make it look right, I get explosions when staging away spent boosters using these decouplers. So not all bad!

Huh, I'll have to look into it. The Titan decoupler was fixed last night (Sunday?).

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

If @MaverickSawyer says we are, it's his fault if something breaks now :D

Ehehehehe... Sure.:wink: I'll let you know if anything breaks and shove it your way.

In all seriousness, I JUST flew a mission earlier today using the Inon on an LH2/Ox tank, so yes, it's working well together.

6 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Ehehehehe... Sure.:wink: I'll let you know if anything breaks and shove it your way.

In all seriousness, I JUST flew a mission earlier today using the Inon on an LH2/Ox tank, so yes, it's working well together.

Ok :P

ALRIGHTY BOIS, LISTEN UP

So, as of... like 20 minutes ago we are 'soft locked' for content for the next release - everything I personally wanted to make sure was included. I'm still working on updating textures and stuff for the next couple days, specifically trying to bring the probe parts up to snuff, but it is what it is. @Jso is out of commission, so I need help combing the dev builds of the mod looking for trouble. In the meantime, here's the last two new parts for this release. @Drakenex, I know you've been waiting a LONG time for this...

8F84vJl.pngHozUqS2.png8I9jtMz.pngDcK6scG.pngKghJUwn.pngbqS6ZOP.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

Awesome. Totally didn't want to have to choose between the two, lol.

Now if only I can figure out what's broken my sun's light in this kopernicus/sigma dimensions 2.5x rescale I'll be good to go. A project for tonight I guess.

Lol, it's kinda sad that I knew what that was just based on the pictures and that this mod is recreating Apollo era architecture. Then again, I suppose there weren't all that many things it could have been.

40 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

ALRIGHTY BOIS, LISTEN UP

So, as of... like 20 minutes ago we are 'soft locked' for content for the next release - everything I personally wanted to make sure was included. I'm still working on updating textures and stuff for the next couple days, specifically trying to bring the probe parts up to snuff, but it is what it is. @Jso is out of commission, so I need help combing the dev builds of the mod looking for trouble. In the meantime, here's the last two new parts for this release. @Drakenex, I know you've been waiting a LONG time for this...

(pic snip for space saving)

*unholy squeals of delight*

Will this add any new experiments?

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

ALRIGHTY BOIS, LISTEN UP

8F84vJl.png

So to quote a REALLY OLD video game..... " Mein Leben!"

<Deleted un-needed whining!>

But I REALLY like the texture update for the Agena parts....   and that probe is too cute and actually will fit under an approved Agena payload fairing!

Edited by Pappystein

Is this known or already mentioned?

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.Apollo.Block3.Capsule'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at ModuleAnimateGeneric.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__Iterator1F.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__Iterator1E:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__Iterator20:MoveNext()
<CompileParts>c__Iterator66:MoveNext()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

or this?

[Part bluedog.agenaMediumTank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Switched subtype to LF/O

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryModification.StockJettisonTransformGeoUpdater..ctor (.ModuleJettison engineFairing, FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule geoModule) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.SetupIGeometryUpdaters () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

and ...

A mesh on Bluedog Procedural Conic Fairing did not exist and was removed

[Part]: PartModule ModuleColliderHelper at bluedog.perfectron, index 14: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
Looking for ModuleColliderHelper in other indices...

...no ModuleColliderHelper module found on part definition. Skipping...

SmartRename.OnAwake 1

[Part]: PartModule ModuleColliderHelper at bluedog.retrotron, index 14: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.

SmartRename.OnAwake 1

[Part]: PartModule ModuleColliderHelper at bluedog.radialengine, index 14: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.

and a few more of these "index exceeds".

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei6y6xdxjbn1dh9/2017-07-11-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

8 hours ago, Karamon said:

Will it work with RO ?

Not really. Some of the engines and the Apollo parts are configured. RO configs are managed by those people so if you want them, you'll need to bug them on their thread. :)

3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Is this known or already mentioned?

and a few more of these "index exceeds".

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei6y6xdxjbn1dh9/2017-07-11-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

Gordon, you have so much stuff in your install that I don't think I'd even be able to begin untangling that to find issues. :D Honestly, as long as the game runs I'm not too worried about log errors at the moment. The big thing is making sure parts behave as intended - the radial decouplers issue, for instance, is being fixed right now.

19 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Not really. Some of the engines and the Apollo parts are configured. RO configs are managed by those people so if you want them, you'll need to bug them on their thread. :)

Ok thx ,  liked those engines when i was running RSS with SMURFF , your real plume configs are amazing

On 7/11/2017 at 6:19 PM, CobaltWolf said:

@Drakenex, I know you've been waiting a LONG time for this...

but is finally here!! Thanks a lot!!!!

Shameless request: because I'm patient guy and I've always helped you whenever I can (hehehe), how difficult could be to push into the pipeline ETS Spacelab solar panels?

Edit: no LO on github :(

Edited by Drakenex

On 7/11/2017 at 4:35 AM, Rodger said:

Same issue, glad to know its not something I did. Rotating the 1207's around so they face as they should seps cleanly but is a little sketchy.

15 hours ago, Drakenex said:

but is finally here!! Thanks a lot!!!!

Shameless request: because I'm patient guy and I've always helped you whenever I can (hehehe), how difficult could be to push into the pipeline ETS Spacelab solar panels?

Edit: no LO on github :(

Shoot, I made the commit locally on the Github desktop app but forgot to sync it up to the server. Should be available now. :)

And Spacelab parts are coming eventually, I decided to focus on just getting the basic Skylab out for this release. I think I'm trying to get Atlas and LDC Titan done for the next release (should be faster than the last few) and then get Big G, Gemini Lander, Spacelab done along with revamping MOL and the ETS Apollo stuff.