to what planet i should go?

Shark4558

To what planet i should go?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. To what planet i should go?

well,im going to make a KSP story,about building a colony,but not on the mun,so,i was thinking of going to Laythe, but there is a story there (which is excellent), so i will try not to go there, then I thought of Duna, but it seems that there is also a great story being made... there is another interesting planet to visit?I have no idea to which of the other planets i should go.so any help is appreciated.

Personally, I've been really enjoying colonizing Duna. I'm using (among others) the Extraplanetary Launchpad mod, so I can use this to build using on-site resources. It makes expansion much, much quicker than sending every new vessel/building from Kerbin.

Duna City

QJEcsKC.jpg

Polar Research Station

GelQlAE.jpg

KSC3

gAZ4GDt.jpg

Outpost 1-1A

FZp5AHA.jpg

Outpost 2-1A

tsQsSTf.jpg

Edited by Slam_Jones

Build a permanent mining base at Dres. It's a likely place for economic colonization given that there's plenty of asteroids to extract ore from.

Eve's another good place for a colony mission. Exploration is so much simpler there when you don't have to bring the crew back to Kerbin. Set up a base and periodically drop supplies and equipment for expansion.

If you're looking to explore the Jool system, Vall is probably a good place to establish a base. Low gravity and lack of atmosphere makes launching missions to explore the rest of the moons relatively simple. Given that Laythe has liquid water and an oxygenated atmosphere, I wouldn't send anything other than sterile probes there. You wouldn't want a Kerbal's discarded snacks to contaminate potential indigenous life form readings. Best to keep it under quarantine.

Go to Moho !

- For the challenge (transfer to moho is sooo tricky).

- Lot's of solar energy (after all, infinite ore is present on every planet & moon, so it's the only "ressource" you care about).

Personally, I've been really enjoying colonizing Duna. I'm using (among others) the Extraplanetary Launchpad mod, so I can use this to build using on-site resources. It makes expansion much, much quicker than sending every new vessel/building from Kerbin.

Nice colony!,for me, Duna seems to be a challenge for a colony, especially a colony that thinks to explore the planet, because the only quick way to get around is by aircraft, and there ...Ike also as a potential destination to test the rocket assembly systems of the new colony.Imagine launchinh an expedition from Duna to Ike...

low gravity also interests me ....

Dres would be interesting. Hardly anybody goes there, and it's so isolated from the rest of the solar system that getting supplies there would be a hassle. And the asteroid moons provide a steady source of ore. :)

Dres would be interesting. Hardly anybody goes there, and it's so isolated from the rest of the solar system that getting supplies there would be a hassle. And the asteroid moons provide a steady source of ore. :)

Dres...the lonely planet...The most interesting point is supply the colony from asteroids, which leads to a potential asteroids research center.

And a off-world colony obviusly.

Eve. Because anything that goes there is gonna have a hard time coming back it's the perfect place for a colony.

going to Eve is another interesting place, gives a good story, and also another separate story would be around someone important leaving Eve, something that is very difficult ( i tried once, never came out).

Colonize the mohole.

I have seen the Mohole, I remember I had a Sandbox save and had a base there, i tried to position a Vtol space plane inside the hole it was totally amazing, definitely it is on my list there, and a Research base is gonna be present there. obviusly a colony will be present at the Mohole...

the best of this place is that it will be released in a story..

I'm pretty determined, I think that will be the first Moho will have a colony, especially by the Mohole.

I also believe that no one has explored and given names to all places of Mold, and that I plan to do ...

just a little bit more and I decide right now ...

because on second thought, I could go to any place.but the issue is where to start, and that is almost decided ...

umm, sorry for the wall of text, can not check the forums as often, maybe every 10 days or more, (I dont have internet)

I have to answer all at once in an hour ....

I wanted to thank them for helping me decide!

Now to think which place to go now ...

Shark4558

I do not think I'll go to Moho, to use as a normal amount of fuel would have to use a gravity assist from Jool, and when in the orbit of Moho, I would have to have an encounter with the planet, or in short, would have to have a window between Kerbin-> Jool> Moho, and that's a very difficult challenge ...

I think I'll go to Dres.

I've been playing KSP for probably 18 months now and I've never once been to Dres. Or Moho for that matter. Or most of Jools moons (been to Laythe once and crashed on Tylo).

Perhaps a story about Dres or Moho would encourage me to go there. I voted Dres because I feel sorry for the Lonely Space Potato*

*Sorry, I shouldn't anthropomorphise planets (they don't like it).

voted Eeloo because, why not?

in the far distances of the kerbal universe a man held his word when he said jeb shall survive this entire hardcore career save, and thus began the mission to send jeb to Eeloo on a non return life long science mission.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.