[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

Later named by the main satellite was launched with it 'KOSMOS 3'  ... better 11K65. Raw model out of Wings3D. Missing fairing from stage 1 to stage 2 and the outer fins. The model is not textured.
Also planed the Tsiklon (Cyclon).

KvvUIPk.png

Just now, VenomousRequiem said:

That would be handled on the RO thread, probably. 

Yes although I was asking if this was compatible in RO since some mods have RO con figs or just say there is or isn't RO compatibility. But I will ask there.

Fire

5 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Yes although I was asking if this was compatible in RO since some mods have RO con figs or just say there is or isn't RO compatibility. But I will ask there.

Fire

No there is not. Mods compatible with RO are usually listed on the OP of the RO thread. :P

8 hours ago, DarthVader said:

Can you please call the Khina parts KNSA? Makes more sense, easier to spell.

Hmm, a problem with the spelling? So really ... an unsustainable condition. Of course, the desired term is included to  the tag's with one of the next updates. Perhaps the renaming will be considered. :D

13 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

GSLV MKIII wants to flip a lot

Let me see a takeoff configuration of your GSLV Mk.3.

- You has attached a pair of SITVC-RCS scaled down to 0.3125 to the S-200 Booster?
- Your Payload is not overweight and oversized in length?
- You do not use alternate aerodynamic mods like FAR?

Building a Kerbal-MiR with Contares and SSTU Parts. Science instruments from BDB, DMagic and Contares.

Inclination 51.997°
Apoapsis 213 km
Perisapsis 187 km

Working on MiR/DOS and TKS parts goes on. The parts need some ladder-function. UNION (Sojus) Spaceship holds 3 Kerbals in the Capsule.

C-MiR Core / C-KWANT on the way

f0yfUze.pngtSeEZuY.png

C-KWANT on docking / EVA to build Kofora TRUSS

iDsSxh2.png84G3qIu.png

C-KWANT-2 docked / detail view

NDJlMa9.pngjK2l69x.png

3 hours ago, hraban said:

Let me see a takeoff configuration of your GSLV Mk.3.

- You has attached a pair of SITVC-RCS scaled down to 0.3125 to the S-200 Booster?
- Your Payload is not overweight and oversized in length?
- You do not use alternate aerodynamic mods like FAR?

Rotating the vehicle so that the PSLV steering engine vernier were facing the direction of travel fixed it. Works fine. Now i need to cram more stuff on my satellites so that they weigh more than 1.7 tons.

13 hours ago, hraban said:

Building a Kerbal-MiR with Contares and SSTU Parts. Science instruments from BDB, DMagic and Contares.

Inclination 51.997°
Apoapsis 213 km
Perisapsis 187 km

Working on MiR/DOS and TKS parts goes on. The parts need some ladder-function. UNION (Sojus) Spaceship holds 3 Kerbals in the Capsule.

C-MiR Core / C-KWANT on the way

whoa @hraban, very detailed! Very nice MIR :)

The final work on the next update is almost complete. If there are no unexpected problems, the update inclusive craft-files will appear in the coming week.

Expectedly included are:

NEUTRON-K (inspired by Proton K launcher)
Parts for KALJUT-7 and C-MiR core modules (DOS / SALJUT-7 and MIR Space Station)
Parts to build all MIR Modules based on TKS / FGB
Parts to build a kerbalized version of the TKS-Spaceship
Parts to build a UNION (Soyuz) Spaceship, carring 3 Kerbals into Space and back!
New "mount under the skin" parachutes and drogue-chutes

Excluded are all Solar Panels. Use the perfect Parts out of SSTU-Mod. The tweakscale settings are included in the contares mod.

C-MiR Main-Module has now ladder function. Kofora (Sofora Truss) also become ladder function for easy climb on EVA.

Edited by hraban

6 hours ago, Spike88 said:

I'm assuming that your Mir and @Beale's Mir overlap? I.e. they have the same parts, just your respective version? 

The main difference between Tantares and Contares is already to be found in the approach. All Contares parts are built as close as possible to a 50% scale. This allows a direct comparison of the carrier rockets and spacecraft. Carrier rockets correspond to the length 50% of the original and deviate in diameter between 0% and a maximum of 12.3% (ALIYANA 5/6).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.