[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

It seems I have some problems or am I just missing out on something because when I load the launch vehicles in the VAB, all of them for example the rocket for the Soyuz is incomplete, it stops I think on the last stage on the SAS module, but the Soyuz is not on top of it nor are there any fairings. I can load Soyuz craft on its own without the complete rocket needed to get it up to the orbit. Do you understand what I mean? I have all the required mods installed altough RLS says please use KSP version 1.1.3

2 hours ago, Bouncer said:

It seems I have some problems or am I just missing out on something because when I load the launch vehicles in the VAB, all of them for example the rocket for the Soyuz is incomplete, it stops I think on the last stage on the SAS module, but the Soyuz is not on top of it nor are there any fairings. I can load Soyuz craft on its own without the complete rocket needed to get it up to the orbit. Do you understand what I mean? I have all the required mods installed altough RLS says please use KSP version 1.1.3

@Bouncer

They are right and there is no mistake because the carrier rockets are stored without payload and the spaceships without carrier rockets. The craft files should only provide suggestions and no 'ready to launch' systems.

It is no problem to first load the space ship, add the preferred fairing system, and then add the carrier rocket as 'merge' object. Already everything has been completed.

BTW: what the ... is RLS? If you mean RetractableLiftingSurface, then download the latest version.

Edited by hraban

3 hours ago, hraban said:

@Bouncer

They are right and there is no mistake because the carrier rockets are stored without payload and the spaceships without carrier rockets. The craft files should only provide suggestions and no 'ready to launch' systems.

It is no problem to first load the space ship, add the preferred fairing system, and then add the carrier rocket as 'merge' object. Already everything has been completed.

BTW: what the ... is RLS? If you mean RetractableLiftingSurface, then download the latest version.

@hraban

Ahh I see, what is this "merging" you speak of? I know what it means in english but I did not know that there is such thing in the building options?
And yeah I meant RetractableLiftingSurface, I do have the latest I have reinstalled it twice but still says that, I'll try to resolve it myself, thanks for the clarification

EDIT: Got it now, thank you

Edited by Bouncer
No need for support anymore

In a dusty and almost dilapidated hangar, the caretaker of Contares found the fourth attempt of the self-proclaimed space elite nation, which for decades had no successor to the space shuttle getting on its feet and has been hitchhiking for six years :wink: ( and min. 2 years more)

DreamCrusher-001,medium_large.1494950280.PNG

662 polygones, 1373 edges, 713 vertices

50% scale (dimensions), length 4.5m, whide 3.5m

planed for 5 to 6 Kerbals

Edited by hraban

2 hours ago, hraban said:

In a dusty and almost dilapidated hangar, the caretaker of Contares found the fourth attempt of the self-proclaimed space elite nation, which for decades had no successor to the space shuttle getting on its feet and has been hitchhiking for six years :wink: ( and min. 2 years more)

662 polygones, 1373 edges, 713 vertices

50% scale (dimensions), length 4.5m, whide 3.5m

planed for 5 to 6 Kerbals

you better hide that before some lawyers ring at your front door :)
apart from jokes, I hope you will carry on with this project. Truly beautiful

I'm so sorry that I keep coming back for more support.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here, I've been playing KSP since 2014 but still have issues. This is truly the best mod I have found so far, no other mod provides so good carrier crafts than this one, they look so good. I do have a problem though, again lol

I cant seem to get some of these into orbit, ATV with the Ariane 5 counterpart works just fine and I can rendezvous with my station at 300km of altitude easily, but with the Soyuz carrier rocket and the Progress or the Soyuz manned craft I just cant reach orbit without running out of fuel? Are they not supposed to get up so high or what am I missing here? Im running on the last stage of the carrier rocket at 60-70km of altitude and it runs out of fuel, at that time its not even boosting it up to orbit correctly because the apoapsis is already decreasing on that stage. Strange indeed, I do use mechjeb however so maybe an issue there? Or some conf files or the craft files? Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

1 hour ago, Bouncer said:

I'm so sorry that I keep coming back for more support.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here, I've been playing KSP since 2014 but still have issues. This is truly the best mod I have found so far, no other mod provides so good carrier crafts than this one, they look so good. I do have a problem though, again lol

I cant seem to get some of these into orbit, ATV with the Ariane 5 counterpart works just fine and I can rendezvous with my station at 300km of altitude easily, but with the Soyuz carrier rocket and the Progress or the Soyuz manned craft I just cant reach orbit without running out of fuel? Are they not supposed to get up so high or what am I missing here? Im running on the last stage of the carrier rocket at 60-70km of altitude and it runs out of fuel, at that time its not even boosting it up to orbit correctly because the apoapsis is already decreasing on that stage. Strange indeed, I do use mechjeb however so maybe an issue there? Or some conf files or the craft files? Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

There is no problem when you come back with questions :)

The Soyuz operate about a maximum orbit high of 160km. The flightpath must be angeled to 50 degrees when you reach 4000m. If you use MechJeb set the orbital high to 160km and a flightpath of 55%. Best orbital high for Soyuz with Progress is 160km, for Soyuz Spaceship 130km.

Watch your weight of the payload! Soyuz can lift max 7.2 tonns into orbit. The last 150 to 200 m/s comes from the service module.

Edited by hraban

7 hours ago, hraban said:

pls pls cargo version too! (or at least make the wings separate parts so we can fold them with IF), Thanks!!

maxresdefault.jpg

18 hours ago, hraban said:

There is no problem when you come back with questions :)

The Soyuz operate about a maximum orbit high of 160km. The flightpath must be angeled to 50 degrees when you reach 4000m. If you use MechJeb set the orbital high to 160km and a flightpath of 55%. Best orbital high for Soyuz with Progress is 160km, for Soyuz Spaceship 130km.

Watch your weight of the payload! Soyuz can lift max 7.2 tonns into orbit. The last 150 to 200 m/s comes from the service module.

I see, thank you very much!

It is definetly more realistic than I thought, which is only a good thing :)

EDIT: Nope, still does not work, I get the apoapsis to about 40-60km on the last stage of the carrier rocket, I cant even reach it because apoapsis starts to come down again even though I keep accelerating on full throttle. There has to be something Im doing wrong here, my progress weighs about 6.8 tons, so it should be okay? I just cant get to orbit, mechjeb altitude was set at 160km, AoA limiter was on and the flightpath set at 55%. Im running out of options here.

Edited by Bouncer

10 hours ago, Bouncer said:

I see, thank you very much!

It is definetly more realistic than I thought, which is only a good thing :)

EDIT: Nope, still does not work, I get the apoapsis to about 40-60km on the last stage of the carrier rocket, I cant even reach it because apoapsis starts to come down again even though I keep accelerating on full throttle. There has to be something Im doing wrong here, my progress weighs about 6.8 tons, so it should be okay? I just cant get to orbit, mechjeb altitude was set at 160km, AoA limiter was on and the flightpath set at 55%. Im running out of options here.

Sorry about that. You are sure to use stock Kerbal universe?

Edited by hraban

The capsules from C-ORION and CST-101 have so far missed airbags for safe landing on land and support for water landings. Now here is one for radial assembly.

airbag-001,medium_large.1495123451.PNGairbag-002,medium_large.1495123449.PNG

Preliminary planning and incomplete but already quite good: Ring segment with landing legs for ground modules.

1505,medium_large.1495107881.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.