[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

2 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Sorry!!

Can we have a beta? (dream crusher) That'll help a lot to be good guys and don't hijack other people threads :D 

The Dream Crusher is still in the paint shop. Please wait until Sunday, then the color should be dry. :wink:

The first three test flights have been successfully completed:

- Glide flight from 4000 m altitude with subsequent landing on parachutes
- Glide flight test from 8000 m altitude, function check of the engines, with subsequent landing on the landing gear
- First orbital flight with re-entry and landing (Launch on ALIYANA 6)

Screenshot from first orbital flight.

DreamCrusher-orbital,medium_large.1495316736.png

Now follow the configurations of KIS, TACLS and the creation of the IVA placeholder. The cargo variant is already finished texturized and will celebrate its entry into the VAB tomorrow.

Edited by hraban

4 hours ago, hraban said:

Now follow the configurations of KIS, TACLS and the creation of the IVA placeholder. The cargo variant is already finished texturized and will celebrate its entry into the VAB tomorrow.

Ready for payload integration!

BVNbj05.png

4 hours ago, hraban said:

Interesting, I was just looking for a small capsule that include a cargo bay to return these expensive science experiment back home. Lifting body are make landing close to KSP much easier.

7 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Ready for payload integration!

(snip!)

Nice but it's wrong scale. You can set the scale via Tweakscale to 50%?

7 hours ago, RedParadize said:

Interesting, I was just looking for a small capsule that include a cargo bay to return these expensive science experiment back home. Lifting body are make landing close to KSP much easier.

Then use REX Free Flyer from Contares :)

Here the 4 (1/2) new spacecraft systems.

The download contains:
- C Drachen (Dragon 2)
- CST-101 (CST-100)
- C-ORION (Orion)
- Dream Crusher (Dreamchaser) mannend and cargo version

Please note that the Mods Firespitter (Plugin only), RetractibleLiftingSurface and KIS (Kerbal Inventory System) are necessary for the proper operation of all parts.

Download: The new 4 spacecraft systems

screenshot316,medium.1495371475.pngscreenshot317,medium.1495371463.pngscreenshot318,medium.1495371447.pngscreenshot319,medium.1495371439.pngscreenshot320,medium.1495371429.pngscreenshot321,medium.1495371420.pngscreenshot322,medium.1495371404.png

Edited by hraban

3 hours ago, hraban said:

Here the 4 (1/2) new spacecraft systems.

The download contains:
- C Drachen (Dragon 2)
- CST-101 (CST-100)
- C-ORION (Orion)
- Dream Crusher (Dreamchaser) mannend and cargo version

Great! time to work ...

vBiVRMA.png

Orbit Test

Edited by Drakenex

After the lattice brake flap for FALKE X here is now the first screenshot of the landing leg. Work on the carrier rocket FALKE X (Falcon 9) is proceeding rapidly. A second, KAPPA IV (Delta IV) is already well advanced.

FalkeX-LEG,medium_large.1495390691.png

4 minutes ago, hraban said:

if you install contares mod complete you find the skid by searching tag 'skid'

ohh, lazy me, sorry. Are you going to make an adapter for the manned version (Dream Crusher)?

Mise-sur-orbite-et-largage-du-second-%C3

Edited by Drakenex

Just now, Drakenex said:

ohh, lazy me, sorry. Are you going to make an adapter for the manned version (Dream Crusher)?

You mean the cone installed at the rear? Actually this was not planned.

The Contares' engineers are confident that the fine tuning has been completed satisfactorily. The PR department has decided to publish this advertising poster with the different versions.

Contares-Uebersicht-US,medium_large.1495549794.png

WIP US-plus contains:

- DRACHE 2 (Dragon 2)
- CST-101 (CST-100)
- C-ORION (Orion Capsule)
- DREAM CRUSHER (Dream Chaser manned and cargo version)
- Airbag for C-ORION and CST-101
- Contares SAS and decoupler
- FALKE-X Launcher (Falcon 9)
  - attention to the main engine, you can toggle 1, 2, 6 engines! Calculation in MechJeb is wrong, MJ check only the first engine in a part!

You need additional plugins:

- retractibleLiftingSurface
- real Plume
- Firespitter
- Kerbal Inventory System KIS
- Tweakscale (optional)

Download WIP US-plus

I have a part on my craft named "CSAS-A 2500" does this come from your mod?  I can't find a .cfg for it in the folders but I may be missing it in all the sub folders of this mod.

asking because I am trying to add CLS support to this part, and need the name for a MM patch.

EDIT: oh and is this WIP for US-plus going to be added to the main mod when finished?  or will it always be a separate download?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

3 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I have a part on my craft named "CSAS-A 2500" does this come from your mod?  I can't find a .cfg for it in the folders but I may be missing it in all the sub folders of this mod.

asking because I am trying to add CLS support to this part, and need the name for a MM patch.

EDIT: oh and is this WIP for US-plus going to be added to the main mod when finished?  or will it always be a separate download?

Hello Bit Fiddler,

the 'CSAS-A 2500' configuration file is SAS-2500.cfg in the ../Parts/SAS directory.

The decision whether US-plus will be part of the main mod contares is not yet decided.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.