[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

>tfw they claim 1.2 but kept the old RCS module on their parts

Yawning. Yes, it still works and has no priority. When time comes, an update comes to RCSFX. Contares has unfortunately no over-zealous trainees or students doing that :)

( Contares has paid its fuel bills, as opposed to others:rolleyes:

Edited by hraban

In the next days there will be another update.

Changes concern the grouping of parts and the gimbal control of the engines. Obviously, with the update to KSP 1.2 again the calculation of the gimbals has changed.
Hopefully soon "Kerbal Joint Reinforcement" will appear because the automatic Strut does not work very well with heavy, radial components.

The ModuleRCSFX works in my opinion inadequate. For the time being, Contares will use the old, still fully functional ModuleRCS.

Edited by hraban

It would be possible that I found a bug.

After the docking of two spaceships the switches for prograde, retrograte, etc. disappear.
Only after switching the SAS off and on again the switches become visible again.
Can this be confirmed?

50 minutes ago, .50calBMg said:

Not sure if you have seen this yet or not, but there is some Z-fighting on the tribus probe bus.

Thank you, i found the problem and solve it. On next release the tribus will dispayed without clipping.

On 10/17/2016 at 4:54 PM, hraban said:

In the next days there will be another update.

Changes concern the grouping of parts and the gimbal control of the engines. Obviously, with the update to KSP 1.2 again the calculation of the gimbals has changed.
Hopefully soon "Kerbal Joint Reinforcement" will appear because the automatic Strut does not work very well with heavy, radial components.

The ModuleRCSFX works in my opinion inadequate. For the time being, Contares will use the old, still fully functional ModuleRCS.

I found issues with the new module as well. I could not modify the FX sprite, which is often too large or will not be visible at lower thrust levels. I'll use it if it works, but I also prefer the old module.

8 hours ago, TheAceOfHearts said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, or if this problem is just me, but on my previously working modded save, I installed contares, and then the textures for contares and a bunch of other of my mods were missing, with parts just showing up flat grey. 

Contares is a single Mod. There are no extensions and no alternate texture packages. Please check it for GameData directory. All the components of the Contars Mod must be in the subdirectory Contares.

On 10/14/2016 at 2:22 PM, hraban said:

Contares has there own ATV and Ariane (Aliyana). A5 is on rebuild, A6 ready and A1 to A44 is also ready in 50% scale.

50% is perfect to fit to all non american launchers and spacecrafts.

Hi hraban! Can't find Ariane 6 main engine, sorry! thanks

Edit: oh! I guess I found it, it's "A5-V2Plus" ? how can I make the fairings or engine cover appear?

Second Edit: is the plus version :sticktongue: Sorry!

Well, any advice in building the upper stage? (Well I have to ask something after being stupid hehe)

Figured out that too.

Edited by Drakenex

8 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Hi hraban! Can't find Ariane 6 main engine, sorry! thanks

Edit: oh! I guess I found it, it's "A5-V2Plus" ? how can I make the fairings or engine cover appear?

Second Edit: is the plus version :sticktongue: Sorry!

Well, any advice in building the upper stage? (Well I have to ask something after being stupid hehe)

Figured out that too.

Well. search by tags like A5 or A6 are very helpfull if you use it :wink:

31 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

Hi there, @hraban, what engine should I use for the X-37b?

And the Hermes?

Hello @NotAgain,

i would recommend to use the engine 'REX MONO large Orbital Manouvering Engine'. For CX-37b one, for CD-HERMES two.
It is recommended in both cases to sink the engines in the hull.

15 minutes ago, Pkmniako said:

First saw this mod months ago and downloaded it. It wasn't the best looking, but it had incredibly great ideas.

Now I return today and see how much it has evolved and has been enhanced!. Congratulations hraban!

Thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.