Forum server maintenance Oct 7th

KasperVld

Hello everyone!

Multiplay technicians will be performing server maintenance on the forums, bug tracker, wiki, website and KSP store on Wednesday October 7th, between 7AM and 11AM UTC. During this maintenance the forums and other services will be temporarily unavailable.

Thank you for your attention

Edited by KasperVld

Oh my god! Did it really happen? Has an actual forum maintenance announcement really been made on the forum before twitter?

No seriously, this is how it should be done. On the forum and well in advance. Thank you for the heads up.

Hello everyone!

Multiplay technicians will be performing server maintenance on the forums, bug tracker, wiki, website and KSP store on Wednesday October 7th, between 7AM and 11AM UTC. During this maintenance the forums and other services will be temporarily unavailable.

Thank you for your attention

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Phew! I'll be at work then........life without this forum would be....well....really really bad!

But, but... work is precisely where I need this forum the most!!

But then, I'll just be arriving at work when the server will be coming back. Thank Spode for the time zones :cool:

Oh dear, leap seconds, what now... :wink:

Greets,

Jan

What, you didn't know about that? It's definetely a thing!

Leap Seconds, Frog minutes, Toad Hours, Tadpole years.

You asked. ;)

Now you made me laugh!

Wonder why? Any info on this?

Have you ever tried to get an engineer to turn up on time? There's a strong tendency for them to get called away for more urgent work elsewhere, and all bookings are provisional on such happenings.

Wonder why? Any info on this?

They made an image of the current servers, and copied it to the new servers. When they compared the two there were some differences, so they'll have to make new images, transfer them again and then do the upgrade once everything is in order :)

They made an image of the current servers, and copied it to the new servers. When they compared the two there were some differences, so they'll have to make new images, transfer them again and then do the upgrade once everything is in order :)

Ok, that makes sense! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing how the upgrades pan out!

Oh, so this is the long-foretold Forum Upgrade happening? I thought it was just another behind-the-scenes cleanup or whatever it is you guys do when the Forum gets temporarily shut down.

EDIT:

And aren't posts in this section usually "queued for moderator approval?" Because this one wasn't...

Edited by Starwhip

Oh, so this is the long-foretold Forum Upgrade happening? I thought it was just another behind-the-scenes cleanup or whatever it is you guys do when the Forum gets temporarily shut down.

EDIT:

And aren't posts in this section usually "queued for moderator approval?" Because this one wasn't...

What kind of upgrade would it be? I think this is just standard procedure to work on an image of the servers before applying it.