[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

Just now, Bombaatu said:

So, you have to put 'real' Kerbals on board, then give them holo-emitters?

That's correct. mobile emitters don't create fake kerbals, they just simulate holograms using real kerbals. But you can change their skill set on the fly..

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

That's correct. mobile emitters don't create fake kerbals, they just simulate holograms using real kerbals. But you can change their skill set on the fly..

You mind sending us the version of the Constellation DAV in reference crafts?

The centrifuge doesn't seem to have any working USI-LS support for me... It's set to science lab mode by default, and has the option for a workshop, but there's no LS options. (though scrolling down in the description of the science mode lists some USI-LS stuff). Do I need pathfinder for it to work or something? I have DSEV and MOLE, and USI-LS/MKS etc.

5 hours ago, Rodger said:

The centrifuge doesn't seem to have any working USI-LS support for me... It's set to science lab mode by default, and has the option for a workshop, but there's no LS options. (though scrolling down in the description of the science mode lists some USI-LS stuff). Do I need pathfinder for it to work or something? I have DSEV and MOLE, and USI-LS/MKS etc.

I put out a request for someone to balance DSEV's USI-LS support, but nobody has taken me up on that, so you're bound to see issues.

Quick little update, my first iteration of an "SEV-Test bed" (named the Kelley) suffered catastrophic rapid unplanned disassembly on ascent - apparently 2 Nervas are not enough to gain orbital velocity after (really big) SRB separation.  The Kelley II is under construction, with some modifications to the launcher core - read MOAR BOOSTERS!!!

Here is what it was supposed to look like:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B37e_-BpBl1mYmtFazE0VWZ0U1U

And here is what it looked like upon C.R.U.D.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B37e_-BpBl1mQkVPbF9RUmxuanc

And now Imgur will not upload images again?  What is with them?  Holy ^%$#@!!!!!!!

Edited by smotheredrun

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ISE said:

Its planned to be a future DSEV parts pack! :) :D:sticktongue::lol:

Yup! I'm working on Buffalo Wings this month, but once that's done, next up is DSEV. I'm planning on a new circular solar array (see below), a 2.5m fuel tank texture pass, and a new Bigelow-style inflatable module. That inflatable module is the last component of the Kopernicus, and a key component of the Nautilus...

Spoiler

Orion_spacecraft_2009.jpg

20 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

More doodling tonight, needed a break from slogging through the Buffalo Wings update...

Looking really nice.  Love the idea of the aerospike but that's gonna be a lot straight-up fuel mass for it to handle - may be the only concern in that doodle I see which looks like the same thing you're wondering about. :D 

18 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

Looking really nice.  Love the idea of the aerospike but that's gonna be a lot straight-up fuel mass for it to handle - may be the only concern in that doodle I see which looks like the same thing you're wondering about. :D 

Yup, keep in mind that the storage capacities are there for not just liquid fuel- that's simply the baseline that I use. You'll be able to switch those tanks around to hold, say Pathfinder base elements and the Equipment needed to assemble them.

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Yup, keep in mind that the storage capacities are there for not just liquid fuel- that's simply the baseline that I use. You'll be able to switch those tanks around to hold, say Pathfinder base elements and the Equipment needed to assemble them.

True, true and that's considerably lighter...kind of why I'm wondering where it'll land at too engine wise.  Regardless of whether it's the stock (would be nice and easy) or something new I do love the idea of the aerospike design for the propulsion though.  It would give it capabilities for all bodies regardless of atmosphere.

@Angel-125 I know MOLE has a KSPedia entry, will the DSEV have one down the line?  Just found out I need a minimum level 2 scientist to load experiments into the D2 lab if (when) I forget to load them in the VAB :sticktongue: 

If not, are there any other rules or surprises I should expect?  Still trying to figure out the resource system too...