[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

DSEV 2.1.4 is now available:

- The CryoShelter works with DeepFreeze again - thanks JPLRepo! :)
- CTT update - thanks Krakatoa! :)

@SpaceKadet I was unable to reproduce the issue with the hext trusses. If/when it happens again, please send logs.

FYI: That link is to PathFinder :wink:

The DeepFreeze update is timely thanks. I'm just about to send out a long range colony ship and I was hoping to use the DSEV part.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 7:14 PM, Angel-125 said:

A fusion-powered dual-mode R.A.P.I.E.R. like engine I haven't built yet. :)

LOL, I spent 40 minutes looking through all the parts and even cfg files to see where this was used... This would explain it :wink:

I'll patch a large spherical container where I can offload the CP when I dock to a station. Get a head start :wink: 

@SpaceKadet Just a tip: You should try these MJ ascent settings:

Prevent overheats
Limit Q to 22.000
Limit max acc. to 20m/s

Remove force roll
Remove limit AoA

Set ascent curve to 55-60% for stock.

Now you should have a smooth and more efficient ascent without re-entry effects or super sized circularization burns.

@Space Kadet Great video, thanks for sharing! :) A shared resource will be distributed among all parts that share th resource. To remove a resource from a part, share the resource in the part where you want it gone, and Consume it in the parts where you want the resource to show up.

@Jimbodiah Not sure what the CP resource is...

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

@Space Kadet Great video, thanks for sharing! :) A shared resource will be distributed among all parts that share th resource. To remove a resource from a part, share the resource in the part where you want it gone, and Consume it in the parts where you want the resource to show up.

CP stands for charged particles

^ Whut he sed!   I now have a nice spherical container for all the particles I collect along the way, and each ship gets it's own particle tank so nothing goes to waste :) Hey, I need something to do in my free time :)

sstu_nf_01.jpg

Edited by Jimbodiah

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

yeah i did that, it was on share but kept filling up anyway, specifically to wat it was when the rover exploaded. od bug probably because of all the janky excrementse im doing in my game :P

2 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

^ Whut he sed!   I now have a nice spherical container for all the particles I collect along the way, and each ship gets it's own particle tank so nothing goes to waste :) Hey, I need something to do in my free time :)

sstu_nf_01.jpg

its sooo blue, i just want to touch it....

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly Deep Space, but here's a lander craft heading to Minmus to drop a very well equipped FUR rover and trailer at a Pathfinder base.  After it landed, I took all the FTL-200 tanks off the lander and stacked em up on a KAS pad and changed their configuration so they could hold an array of materials.  The boxes all had equipment that transferred into the cargo containers of the FUR trailer before it decoupled. Took the solar panels off and attached them to the tank tower and attached the large battery underneath one of my sombrero arrays. All that remains on the shell of the lander is the frame, empty boxes, and landing legs.  Pretty pleased with the scavenging.

W3mEUqE.png
UtAEvNd.png?1

Edited by Krakatoa
typo

44 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Not exactly Deep Space, but here's a lander craft heading to Minmus to drop a very well equipped FUR rover and trailer at a Pathfinder base.  After it landed, I took all the FTL-200 tanks off the lander and stacked em up on a KAS pad and changed their configuration so they could hold an array of materials.  The boxes all had equipment that transferred into the cargo containers of the FUR trailer before it decoupled. Took the solar panels off and attached them to the tank tower and attached the large battery underneath one of my sombrero arrays. All that remains on the shell of the lander is the frame, empty boxes, and landing legs.  Pretty pleased with the scavenging.

W3mEUqE.png
UtAEvNd.png?1

Outstanding! Nice to see that you can make use of so many parts at your base. :)

Here's the base as it is now, after installing 5 more modules and reassembling the whole base into a compact package instead of using mineshaft connections. Also a pic of the tank tower and solar panels.

7JhK9Wz.png
RVRkKm1.png

The only module I don't have is a Doc Science with the Sunburn setup because the resources aren't setting up like they are supposed to in my install.  Getting this error in the log, and it shows up no matter the WBI module is trying to be set to Sunburn.

WBIMultipurposeLab [FFE15B48][277.7440]: RedecorateModule encountered an ERROR: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIResourceSwitcher.adjustKeptResources (.ConfigNode nodeTemplate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIResourceSwitcher.RedecorateModule (Boolean loadTemplateResources) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.