[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

6 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Hey @Angel-125 are you still considering on making the tralier hitch pivot? I see that feline utilty rovers were able to do it, maybe you could get some helpful tips from them?

As a matter of fact, yes. @Nils277 was kind enough to share how it's done. Once I finish with the DSEV update, I'll tackle the trailer hitch upgrade.

30 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

@Angel-125 once the pivot hitch is done, just as an idea, could you make a buffalo green house for those long voyages? Could be good, but only if you want to after all.

That's what the Bison is for. :) The Buffalo is the go-anywhere scout, while the Bison is a mobile base. It has a hab, lab, and greenhouse. Just download the Heisenberg mod and you'll find the Bison under the Gondola folder.

59 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

That's what the Bison is for. :) The Buffalo is the go-anywhere scout, while the Bison is a mobile base. It has a hab, lab, and greenhouse. Just download the Heisenberg mod and you'll find the Bison under the Gondola folder.

Oooooooooooooooooh, must try this!!!

Buffalo 1.1.2 is now available:

- Fixed IVA issue with the Buffalo command cab and ASET props.
- Fixed control issue with the AUXen.
- You can now select the default image for the Plasma Screen in addition to screens in the Screenshots folder.
- Moved the kPad and plasma screens to the Utility tab.

Spoiler

20170122204644_1.jpg

Bit of a problem with the buckboards. colliders are FUBAR.(going to rerun the part through unity myself and add them for my game until this is fixed)

EDIT: So it has collider's but they don't want to work in KSP.

Edited by /not/pol/

Looks like ASET props/avionics IVA for Buffalo command cab isn't working (at least for me) in 1.1.2, it was working before. Am i just missing something in installation or it's  bug? 

EDIT: According to the code, for ASET IVA just "ASET_PROPS" is needed. Is Olympic1's ASET_CE suitable or you can suggest another ASET version?

Edited by Antik

2 hours ago, Antik said:

Looks like ASET props/avionics IVA for Buffalo command cab isn't working (at least for me) in 1.1.2, it was working before. Am i just missing something in installation or it's  bug? 

EDIT: According to the code, for ASET IVA just "ASET_PROPS" is needed. Is Olympic1's ASET_CE suitable or you can suggest another ASET version?

I can't speak to KSP 1.1.2, but the ASET IVA is verified working in KSP 1.2.2. The only supported version is the Beta for ASET.

Edited by Angel-125

After updating with the latest release from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 it seems like the IVA probs aren't working anymore, it could be my install though because now all my IVA's have reverted back to the default stock.. unless its a stock part. It's so strange 

fgG1bCO.png

m44KCnN.png

Found some issues, one is with pathfinder and the other might be KIS Related. the Buffalo command cab headlights don't illuminate the ground(on the mun atleast) and the parts when moved with KAS/KIS glitch sometimes and go up 2KM in the air then rain bullet hell onto everything in the immediate vicinity, also the Ponderosa IHM has a hatch issue. i attached a 2U Solar panel flatbed to the top of the box it comes out of to provide power and it let me get jeb and bill in. but i cant get them out, it says the hatch is obstructed which is blatant bull. AND, The trailer hitch back node needs to be moved a bit. the hitch part clips the 2U Chassis.

TL;DR, Playable til your kerbal's get trapped or have bullets rained down on from the lunar gods.

Some sauce for your convenience

Spoiler

20170203081921_1.jpg

20170203084105_1.jpg

20170203123715_1.jpg

Edited by /not/pol/

30 minutes ago, /not/pol/ said:

Found a slew of issues. first off the Buffalo command cab headlights don't illuminate the ground(on the mun atleast) and the parts when moved with KAS/KIS glitch sometimes and go up 2KM in the air then rain bullet hell onto everything in the immediate vicinity, also the Ponderosa IHM has a hatch issue. i attached a 2U Solar panel flatbed to the top of the box it comes out of to provide power and it let me get jeb and bill in. but i cant get them out, it says the hatch is obstructed which is blatant bull. AND, The trailer hitch back node needs to be moved a bit. the hitch part clips the 2U Chassis.

TL;DR, Playable til your kerbal's get trapped or have bullets rained down on from the lunar gods.

Some sauce for your convenience

Reveal hidden contents

20170203081921_1.jpg

20170203084105_1.jpg

20170203123715_1.jpg

Annd what are you going to do to fix them besides complain?

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Annd what are you going to do to fix them besides complain?

.... was just saying i found some issues... jeez.(rude)

also I'm not the mod author so to actually answer your question nothing as i can't do anything.

Edited by /not/pol/

5 hours ago, /not/pol/ said:

.... was just saying i found some issues... jeez.(rude)

also I'm not the mod author so to actually answer your question nothing as i can't do anything.

Actually, there are lots you can do, like provide detailed descriptions, fiddle with the config files to adjust nodes, and the like. Instead, you come here to complain that the hatch is obstructed after you stuck something on top that clearly juts out from the hatch. Then you go complain that the node on the hitch is off, and needs to be adjusted, when you have the ability to do exactly that.

Do yourself a favor, uninstall my mods, cuz I'm not interested in helping. (rude)

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Actually, there are lots you can do, like provide detailed descriptions, fiddle with the config files to adjust nodes, and the like. Instead, you come here to complain that the hatch is obstructed after you stuck something on top that clearly juts out from the hatch. Then you go complain that the node on the hitch is off, and needs to be adjusted, when you have the ability to do exactly that.

Do yourself a favor, uninstall my mods, cuz I'm not interested in helping. (rude)

the MSEV/Pathfinder mods are the basis of my career game i have put well over 100 hours into, so no i will not remove it, also without having the part in unity i cant adjust the nodes accurately. AND it was ksp that was glitching out with the small inline antenna, rammed a rover into it and got the crew out. so, [REDACTED] off.

Also what more detail do you need, its not throwing nullrefs around so log's are not needed, and how am i supposed the fix the headlight problem? i only just recently started making mods and both are FUBAR so why do you expect i know what i'm doing?

Edited by /not/pol/

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

uninstall my mods, cuz I'm not interested in helping. (rude)

Also to put your logic into laymen terms, this would be like me going to a store, getting a (INSERT ELECTRONIC NAME HERE) that was advertised as brand new off the factory line fully working with wifi, taking it home, finding out the OS was missing a few lines of code that let it connect to wifi, and instead of calling the company and telling them they need to send out a patch or something i say "Nope, I'm going to fix it myself despite not knowing anything about this piece of software or hardware and probably break everything in the process".

*deep inhale*

now I'm done.

Edited by /not/pol/

7 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Woow, people, keep it calm and civilised, theres no need to get into a kuffaful (I think thats how its spelt:P

Kurflufle, but that may be a regional-dialect thing... :wink:

SO - as for the Poncho solar panel obstructing the Ponderosa hatch, there is a very simple solution. Remove the Poncho, add Buckboard 100 (which can be reconfigured as a battery) on top of the Ponderosa & then attach the Poncho - that will give enough clearance to enter, and is how it is configured in the PathFinder wiki's "Setting Up A Base" page:

https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/wiki/Getting-Started---Setting-Up-A-Base

Alternatively, use an different source of power like the Sombrero.

As to the 'launching' issue, try not attaching the Saddle to the ground - just let it rest. This is not an issue with PathFinder, but KIS/KAS & colliders - this can happen with practically *any* part when loading physics. Again, this is spelled out in the PathFinder wiki's "Base Design" page: 

https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/wiki/Base-Design

Folks, I've been at this for two years, and I put a crap ton of work into my mods to make them the best they can be. I build these mods because they're what I want to use in my game, and I share them with others so they can have fun too. When I got started, I could program like I was ringing a bell, but I knew next to nothing about modding KSP. That didn't stop me from learning, and it shouldn't stop you either. So instead of coming in here guns blazing about all the problems you see, why not back up your game, learn how things work, and see what you can do to improve things? Then share what you did so others benefit too? If that's not something you're willing to do, that's fine, the majority aren't so inclined. But don't expect sunshine and roses if all you do is post about how bad things are.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

This month I'm finishing up DSEV's update, but with luck I'll be back to Buffalo as well. I'm planning to add movable trailer hitches- courtesy of @Nils277's excellent solution- along with some aircraft parts (probably no new cockpit though) and an electric outboard motor for cruising around in the water. The outboard motor is part of the planned Water Buffalo update, but I moved it to the Buffalo Wings update since I need it in my game. In case you're wondering:

Buffalo Wings - V-22 Osprey-like parts to round out the Buffalo's aerial components

Water Buffalo - Aquatic parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.