Angel-125

[1.3] Buffalo 2.1.3: NASA Inspired MSEV, & fly like "JetMan" Yves Rossy with the JetWing!

904 posts in this topic

On 7.6.2017 at 3:30 AM, Angel-125 said:

NASA concept rover

That vehicle looks neat enough to use it as camper on earth vacation and fulfill the need of coolness when parking it on a supermarket parking lot.

1 person likes this

On 6/7/2017 at 8:10 AM, Angel-125 said:

Right now I'm thinking big, but honestly, I already have both the Buffalo and the Bison. But hm, what about something much smaller? That body design might work to hold a single kerbal in the cockpit, and fit the half-sized chassis with the Bear Cub wheels...

Sounds awesome to me, I need a flight deck tractor to respot aircraft on my Heisenberg-class airship.  :-D

I think I'm doing something wrong with the V-22 from Buffalo - I can't get it to hover properly with *anyone's* autopilot. Maybe I have too many mods, or I am missing something obvious.

4 minutes ago, panarchist said:

Sounds awesome to me, I need a flight deck tractor to respot aircraft on my Heisenberg-class airship.  :-D

I think I'm doing something wrong with the V-22 from Buffalo - I can't get it to hover properly with *anyone's* autopilot. Maybe I have too many mods, or I am missing something obvious.

Have you tried the reference craft with Hover Manager? It definitely works.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Have you tried the reference craft with Hover Manager? It definitely works.

Yep.  I'm going to grab the logs and look through - with Hover Manager and both GTGs running, the reference craft runs out of EC after about 30 seconds. (in sandbox, which should be fully upgraded. If I move off vertical at all, I can't return to vertical - I've used Hover Manager before with the Kestral and one of the other reference craft from Heisenberg with no issues. This is in an install with only WBI items + Aircraft Carrier Essentials (I stripped out all the other mods plus the MM cache).  I'm sure I must be doing something incorrectly, because I know this is working fine for you and numerous others.

Edit: Ok, I think I have this figured out, user error - the GTG output is tied to the throttle setting, and since I was using Hover Manager, I didn't throttle up.  "Handling" issues are due to CoM not aligning with CoL and me not flying with a joystick, or other means of keeping the aircraft stable horizontally. If I plug in the joystick and keep it stable manually, I'm fine - I think I had it in my head that the Hover Manager provided both vertical and horizontal stability, probably because I've been messing with that, and Kramax, and Diazo's  utilities, and TCA to try and find autopilot/flight aids which work well for me.  I think I'm going to stick with Diazo's horizontal mod and Hover Manager.

Edited by panarchist
additional info
1 person likes this