United Kerbin Station [Work In Progress]

*Asterix*

What will the next station module be?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What will the next station module be?

• A Refueling Module
    • A Spaceplane Adapter (Easier SSTO Docking)
    • Another Living Module
    • More Truss Segments

Yes, yes, I understand. Space stations are so 2013. But since I've just learned how to dock and complete good rendezvous, I figured I'd actually try something that I have watched on Youtube and read about on forums, so the project is underway.

My plan is to keep things very realistic, and seeing a lot of stock ISS builds (GameplayReviewUK was the best) over the last few months, I really wanted to build the station in a way that was similar to the ISS. My end result after the first module launch wasn't exactly ISS-related, but it worked well, and soon I had 3 more modules up and now I've recently added a 4th. I've strayed off the path, but I think it's a good thing.

So far, the station consists of a core module, which contains a few small batteries and solar panels, and a 4-way docking adapter. On one side, I have the AB Truss Segment, basically a connector between the truss and core, docked. On the other, I have a simple service module that contains about 500 Monopropellant, and some large temporary solar arrays. Above it, I have a docking adapter and the node 1, which is a 4-way docking adapter made from a PPD-10 container. From that, I have my first living quarters, the lab module.

I thought using the lab was better for living quarters than the PPD-10 Hitchhiker because its interior shows actual food, seating, supplies, and beds, which I thought was unique.

My avatar is the mission flag, and I hope to get some more modules added, and hopefully add some private spacecraft to the station, as in making a KSP analog of SpaceX. I'd also appreciate if you could send me creative module ideas or craft files, since I'd like to see some interesting parts and community development, much like the international partnerships of the ISS.

Hoping for the best now, as I launch the Aeris 4B (Modified 4A) to dock with the station! Wish me luck, and I would love to see some contributions from the community! Thanks!

Okay, guys, the latest 2 missions were successful. The first was an unmanned tug launch containing the SSTO adapter, which was just a structural fuselage with docking ports. It went well and the approach was done without error. The second was the Aeris 4B launch containing Kelcas Kerman, which also successfully approached and docked with the SSTO Adapter. At this time, I'm working to deorbit and land the Aeris 4B for later reuse!

Maybe add a module with lots of solar panels and/or RTGs and batteries and maybe some fuel and fuel cells. Basically an energy module. That way you can have the electricity to continously run research, refineries, docking/guidance lights, radiators, communications arrays, and all kinds of other things. also, you would have an easy source of electricity in case you ever decide to turn it into a giant ion powered starship.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, maybe add a large habitation complex to it that can be multiple modules if necessary. It could have lots of labs and hitch-hiker containers and maybe even some Mk 2 or 3 passenger modules so you can have a community of Kerbals in orbit. and maybe a centrifuge of sorts for artificial gravity...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.