[STOCK] The Legendary Warbirds of World War II (Aircraft Pack) [Most Recent: Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero]

Columbia

On 7/6/2016 at 4:47 AM, pTrevTrevs said:

Imagine a German heavy bomber that didn't have a tendency to catch on fire, worked well, and was available in large numbers.

He 177? :wink:

On 7/6/2016 at 1:22 AM, Papahemmy said:

Does it work or is it only to say that SQUAD ADD ROTORS TO KSP!

..The latter.

Squad, all we need is a hinge/motor. ;___;

One star. Oh no, so offended. I am very hurt. Very devastating blow.

Edited by Columbia

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

He 177?

One moment, let me go find my list

•Had tendency to go up in flames. Was so notorious for this that it earned the nicknames "Luftwaffen-Feuerzeug" (Luftwaffe's Lighter) and "Flaming Coffin" among others.

•Had unreliable engines, which was part of the reason for it burning up so often and limited the range and bombload.

•The configuration of the engines in two nacelles instead of four caused countless technical difficulties and only compounded on top of the problems already present in the Daimler-Benz engines.

•Was not equipped with enough defensive armament for its intended role as a heavy bomber.

•Did not enter service until the middle of 1942 (and was not running smoothly and effectively until later), and only 1,000 were built (compare this to 15,00 Ju-88s, 7,000 Avro Lancasters, and over 12,00 B-17s).

Edited by pTrevTrevs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.