[1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DennyTX

@DennyTX

Thx for this mod. :) I have 3 little feedback things.

1) I have the OLDD camera on a lower stage and when undocking it directly disables itself. Shouldn't it disable on leaving physics range?
2) Is there a chance that we maybe get this camera issue (with scatterer?) fixed? BTW, it doesn't see the decoupler.
3) Yesterday I got a Nullref (attached below) with my (higly modded) install, however, today I don't got it.

Spoiler

[LOG 22:44:38.911] DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for fairingSize1
[ERR 22:44:39.241] Action 'DeployExperiment' already defined.

[ERR 22:44:39.242] Action 'ReviewDataEvent' already defined.

[ERR 22:44:39.251] Exception handling event onPartDestroyed in class CameraDestroyer:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OLDD_camera.Modules.PartCameraModule.Deactivate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.CameraDestroyer.PartCameraDeactivate (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Part].Fire (.Part data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 22:44:39.253] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    OLDD_camera.Modules.PartCameraModule.Deactivate ()
    OLDD_camera.CameraDestroyer.PartCameraDeactivate (.Part part)
    EventData`1[Part].Fire (.Part data)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(Part)
    Part:OnDestroy()
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    DragCubeSystem:SetupPartForRender(Part, GameObject)
    DragCubeSystem:RenderProceduralDragCube(Part)
    ModuleProceduralFairing:AssumeClosedDragCube()
    ModuleProceduralFairing:SpawnMeshes(Boolean)
    ModuleProceduralFairing:OnStart(StartState)
    Part:ModulesOnStart()
    <Start>c__Iterator38:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[LOG 22:44:39.282] Set section name to: New Section 1
[LOG 22:44:39.283] Set section name to: New Section 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of things:

You need a license, both in this thread and on github, otherwise we don't know what we are allowed to do with it

The source code on github does not appear to be the latest.  the last commit there was on Oct. 9, while the last release on Spacedock was on Nov. 18

Edit:  There is a license, my mistake for missing it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

In the OP and on SpaceDock it says that the licence is CC: BY-NC-SA

Ok, I missed that, didn't come up in a search, thanks

But the github code is still out-of-date.  I decompiled the current dll, it is vastly different than what is up on Github.  Many more files, etc.  

On 1/31/2017 at 8:55 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Couple of things:

You need a license, both in this thread and on github, otherwise we don't know what we are allowed to do with it

The source code on github does not appear to be the latest.  the last commit there was on Oct. 9, while the last release on Spacedock was on Nov. 18

Edit:  There is a license, my mistake for missing it

@DennyTX

Any chance of getting Github updated with the latest code?

I have a huge memory leak with this mod in combination with my highly modded install.

I load onto a space station with 3.5GB memory in use. As soon as I have DCKS installed, it uses 4.2GB memory. So 700MB more.

To make it worse, every time I press F9, the memory allocation raises 700MB up. So 700MB more each time the flight scene loads.

If it's welcome, I can assist in debugging / testing on this issue.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:30 AM, Fan777 said:

bug with memory here a long time
this is what happens when the author himself does not test their fashion.

@Fan777

Reporting bugs is fine.  More information is better.

Criticizing is not!  Mod authors do not get paid, they do this in their own time, for their own enjoyment and reasons.  Many times they don't have the time  to test all permutations.  

If you don't like something in a mod, then fix it.  Or ask politely if there is anything you can do to help (see @Jebs_SY's post above yours). 

While this may be simple to fix, it also may not.  If you don't like the lack of response, you are free to fork it, make a local copy and fix it for yourself, or just don't use it!!!!

Hello all, I have a bunch of questions! :)

1) There seems to be a conflict between this mod and @steedcrugeon's pico ports. When I turned on the docking camera on my 'basic' docking port, the camera was facing 90o off. I am sorry, I forgot to take a screenshot, but if necessary I can get a shot later. I was trying to figure out something else about the pico ports, so I dug into their config files and its discussion thread and saw that the pico ports replace the top node on the regular ports with a more detailed node item, which is required by their alignment feature. I kind of theorized that the docking cameras need the top node to figure out their facing and are confused by the pico ports. I would love it if the docking cameras could support the oriented pico ports.

2) While reviewing this thread I saw some people mention a memory leak in this mod. Is this a general issue or does it appear in certain situations or a particular combination of mods? Does anyone have any further information?

3) For my personal use, I decided I did not want the new science experiment on the camera part, so I removed it. Personally, I removed it by simply deleting the experiment module from the part config file, but I think you can distribute something like the following patch as an extra. I am not really sure if the patch is correct, I am trying to learn some mm-fu! :)

@PART[OnboardCamera]:AFTER[OLDD]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleSpyExperiment]{}
}

3 hours ago, WuphonsReach said:

That MM patch looks accurate.  I'm not 100% sure whether AFTER[] implicitly implies NEEDS[] or if you have to have both.

Yea, I thought about the exact same thing, too! :) Then again, considering that this is a patch for a specific mod intended for distribution along with the same mode, the NEEDS clause would be somewhat redundant :)

• 1 month later...

After reading the 9 pages of this thread(always interesting, don't know why people complain about the small time it takes)if I were Denny, I wouldn't come back and fix a thing.  Bunches of pushy ungrateful Entitlement going on here.

Thanks Denny, in case you do drift back in for a look.  I complained a bit back in Roms thread begging for him to update his stuff.  Docking port camera was on the top, with the arm and then the incredible lazor system.  Seriously though, thanks for kicking this out, still enjoying my realistic docking cameras. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Version 1.2.2.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-05-18

1. tuning rotation speed level of part camera. will be more faster on low zoom
  2. recompiled for 1.2.2

PS: Could someone help with contracts definition? I need an example of contract for rendesvous (over a certain distance) with random satellite or any anomaly (targetable) to conduct spy scanning experiment (enclosed in camera). with conditions to complete etc.

Does anybody with the 1.1.2.2.1 patch got 2 seperate screens, 1 with a 'true vision' thats sets against the left botttom corner which cant be interacted with and 1 with the OLDD/DPAI and filters that can be resized/tweaked?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2017 at 10:00 AM, muffler said:

Looking forward for updating that mod. It doesn't work now with 1.3.0

When a new release comes of of KSP, the modders work on getting new release out when they can.

Rest assured they will get to it when they can, if they can and if they want to.

Kick back, enjoy previous version of KSP while all mods are updates.  Plenty to do and crash still ...

Cheers, and as always, just add more struts and boosters.

• 2 weeks later...

We here at mission control regret to inform you that on Jun 1st, we have lost contact with the Minmus Lander Mission.  

Approximately one week after the crew made its successful landing, all telemetry has ceased. 

We believe the Science Lander (pictured left) along with its two Rover vehicles (not pictured) must have experienced some sort of catastrophic failure with one or more of its systems.  

The last transmission from the mission was an automated alert....

Vessel Loading Error

Vessel Minmus Lander Mk Ia was not loaded because it had the following parts missing:

OnboardCamera

While we know that a camera isn't a critical part of the ship like an airdock would be, we can only guess that the camera software must have interfered with the main system after the main system received an automated update to version 1.3.

If this failure of the main systems occurred during a hop while the lander was in flight one could only hope that the crew was able to land safely.  The fate of its crew of 10, along with the 4 tourists are currently unknown.

The staff here at mission control have reinstalled version 1.2 successfully hoping that it would restore communications.  But it was to no avail, all attempts have met with negative results

We can only hope the software engineers can quickly resolve the issue between the onboardcamera software and version 1.3.  And pray that the Minmus Lander crew is alive and well.

Edited by DaveLChgo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.