77 Industries: SY1 & SY2 Super Yachts

Azimech

@Azimech I finally had a chance to take a cruise on your SY2 Alcyone and its amazing! I don't have any Mods loaded for 1.1 so I removed the Ore Tank and added some reaction wheels thinking that the tank was for ballast to hold the craft level but later discovered it was for holding down the bow at high speeds. Also I added the new Large Cargo Landing Gear to roll it out to sea, these work great and they surprised me when they started pivoting, too cool :cool:. Used an OKTO2 remote so I wouldn't harm any Kerbals.

I was able to get up to about 25m/s before the bow started lifting then I shut down all the engines on the bow and was able to get near 30m/s. I used full warp to get to the island running at about 27m/s and at half throttle with continuous maneuvers keeping it under 30m/s it handled great. The action of the craft when steering is awesome, I was not expecting it to lean into the turns. Anyway the testing with this all stock version in 1.1 did great for me and I had a lot of fun with it, thought you might like to know the results.

15 hours ago, castille7 said:

@Azimech I finally had a chance to take a cruise on your SY2 Alcyone and its amazing! I don't have any Mods loaded for 1.1 so I removed the Ore Tank and added some reaction wheels thinking that the tank was for ballast to hold the craft level but later discovered it was for holding down the bow at high speeds. Also I added the new Large Cargo Landing Gear to roll it out to sea, these work great and they surprised me when they started pivoting, too cool :cool:. Used an OKTO2 remote so I wouldn't harm any Kerbals.

I was able to get up to about 25m/s before the bow started lifting then I shut down all the engines on the bow and was able to get near 30m/s. I used full warp to get to the island running at about 27m/s and at half throttle with continuous maneuvers keeping it under 30m/s it handled great. The action of the craft when steering is awesome, I was not expecting it to lean into the turns. Anyway the testing with this all stock version in 1.1 did great for me and I had a lot of fun with it, thought you might like to know the results.

Nice review, thanks!

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.