Farewell Miguel (Maxmaps)

KasperVld

Gosh. I didn't even realize I was a Maxmaps fan. But, now that he's leaving, I'm quite a bit bummed out. I'm gonna miss so many people making fun of how bad he played the game on the squadcasts. Seriously, good luck to you Maxmaps.

I simply cannot say in words how I feel about this. Sad to see you go, excited for you and your future, nostalgic for all that we as a community have been through, so much more.

I can only echo the wonderful comments made already.

Best wishes to you and yours for the future!

Wow, just like Shorty Powers was always the "voice of Project Mercury", and Walter Cronkite was always the voice of the Apollo missions, I'll always hear your voice when I think of KSP.

Good luck with everything in the future.

Sorry to see you go Max! Good luck on all your future endeavours, and I hope you next job will be with such fun people as this one was.

Why is the staff turnover at Squad so high? That's so weird.

Perfectly normal turnover for a small, highly dynamic company I would say. Such companies tend to attract younger employees and people who want experience to go on to do something for a larger company, and such people tend to move on after a couple of years.

There are a few things that are a bit unusual about Squad. A couple of their employees were working for them during a gap year and left to start their college courses; a lot of companies won't even look at that category of recruits! (Though small, startup companies are more likely to do so.) Also, Squad actively advertise when staffers move on to other jobs.

So: we see more of Squad's turnover than most companies, and Squad attract young, inexperienced recruits and are happy to employ them even knowing they are likely to move on. This is a bit unusual, but not in any way bad, nor indicative of problems in Squad.