[Released] Strategia

nightingale

45 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Y'know. I'm not so sure that Local Science 1 is working. Under the stock strategies you get feedback showing (+/-) whatever after the science gain. Strategia is either a) missing this information (whcih is confusing) or the strategy is flat out not working.

That's one of the last things I'm working on before release - going through all the strategies and making sure that appropriate feedback is there.  There are some (like the contracts screen) where the stock logic explicitly shows the delta.  Others, not so much.

45 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Also, is it intentional that alot of the strategies don't have setup costs? It seems a bit.. strange. Take LS1 for instance. Extra science around KSC. Boom, activate that just before I go to run a KSC Field Research mission. No downside, and I can cancel it when I'm done, free extra science.

Mostly intentional, although I did notice that problem with Local Science and hadn't yet given though as to how to fix it.  Either I'll go through and add some sort of setup cost (pretty much across the board), OR add a rep penalty for Strategy cancellation.  I had also considered a cool-down period where you need to have a strategy active for at least X days before it can be cancelled - but not sure if that's worthwhile given how meaningless time is in stock KSP.

7 minutes ago, nightingale said:

We're live!  Please head on over to the release thread here to continue discussing Strategia.

Fetching a mod for closure of this thread...

I just happened to be starting a new career and was hoping this was ready.. installed it actually a few hours ago.  Looking really good!!!  'grats!!   :cool: