Orbital Survey Issues (entirely broken).

Hey, its my first time playing with the new ore system and I just launched a probe to minimus which has the M700 scanner attached. Its in a polar orbit, plenty of batteries and panels, it allows me to deploy and scan the planet but then nothing happens. It simply gets to 100% and thats it. I try to go to the overlay and select ore but it tells me I still have yet to complete an oribital survey? Unsure if it was a bug I launched a second probe around kerbin which met the conditions and again, the scan gets to 100% and then nothing. Am I missing something?
The mods I am using are:

KAS + KIS
Mechjeb (for oribtal data)
Remote Tech

My best guess is maybe remote tech is causing some kind of interference as it sends the data to relay sattelites rather than to mission control directly. I have not tested it with a manned craft yet but will do so next while I hope for a reply. Thanks!

Edit: Manned flights were also unsuccesful. Again, full 100% scan yet it claims I have no resource data....I have also gotten a reply on the steam forums where two others are experiencing similar issues. In one instance the individual has no mods and the exact same issue as I have and in the other instance he is able to see the oribtal data from any ship but not the tracking station.

[quote name='sal_vager']Hi WarShipMe, are you running into [U][URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/138802-Kerbal-Space-Program-1-0-5-New-Issues-Repository#trackingcenter_resource_overlay"]this issue?[/URL][/U][/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply, but sadly no, I am unable to see the resources in any capacity. Is this something that can maybe be toggled off and on and i somehow toggled it off? Even in flight, if I switch the map and select the planet, I should see the resources on the right hand side and I do but they still claim I need to perform a scan

I'm having the same issue with the scanner. 100% data transmission, survey complete, no resource data available in any screen it should be in. Right clicking on the scanner after the survey does not bring any options other than retract scanner and doing the survey. I have the same mods as WarShipMe listed (plus several others). But, before 1.0.5, the scanner was working correctly with the same mods (minus KIS). I was having issues transmitting science from ScanSat, but have since applied the patch they released for it and the ScanSat scanners are working fine now. Just the M700 is affected now.

Ok, I dumped everything out of GameData except for the original Squad folder, then began adding mods (about 22 total) back in to see if one of them broke the scanner using a fresh sandbox save. The only issue I got after putting the mods back in was the resource overlay in the tracking center saying I needed to do a survey even though I had three ships (one probe, two kerballed) in orbit that had already run the survey. The scanners on all three ships gave the options for the overlay info and displayed correctly on Kerbin, just the 'need to do the survey' in the tracking center.

Went back into the career save I was playing when I noticed the scanner not working, checked on my already orbiting scanners, still not working as before. Run the survey, shows data being transmitted (in upper left hand corner of screen), but when done, still no overlay or resource info, and still the only options on the scanner is 'deploy/retract scanner' and 'run orbital survey'. Launched a new scanner equipped satellite, but it also has the same problem. I then jumped back into my sandbox testing save, and the scanners in it [i]are[/i] working (but still with the tracking center issues).

Gonna start a fresh career save and see if it's my original save that's busted.

Treveli, thanks for keeping us updated. I have been distracted by Battlefront the last couple days but played today and my next course of action will be to entirely uninstall the game and with a fresh install add back in the mods one at a time checking after each to see if that can fix it or narrow down the cause. I have not tested in sandbox but will do that also, hopefully its not a busted save. As far as the tracking station issue, other people with unmodded versions have mentioned this issue so its possible that might be a known bug but that is not something I have seen confirmed. At least being able to see the data in flight makes it playable!

Will update when I have tried these things.

[quote name='Treveli']Ok, I dumped everything out of GameData except for the original Squad folder, then began adding mods (about 22 total) back in to see if one of them broke the scanner using a fresh sandbox save. The only issue I got after putting the mods back in was the resource overlay in the tracking center saying I needed to do a survey even though I had three ships (one probe, two kerballed) in orbit that had already run the survey. The scanners on all three ships gave the options for the overlay info and displayed correctly on Kerbin, just the 'need to do the survey' in the tracking center.

Went back into the career save I was playing when I noticed the scanner not working, checked on my already orbiting scanners, still not working as before. Run the survey, shows data being transmitted (in upper left hand corner of screen), but when done, still no overlay or resource info, and still the only options on the scanner is 'deploy/retract scanner' and 'run orbital survey'. Launched a new scanner equipped satellite, but it also has the same problem. I then jumped back into my sandbox testing save, and the scanners in it [i]are[/i] working (but still with the tracking center issues).

Gonna start a fresh career save and see if it's my original save that's busted.[/QUOTE]

The issue is RemoteTech. It has not been updated to handle triggered science data, which affects the lab and the orbital survey. I'm already attempting to get in touch with the authors.

[quote name='Arsonide']The issue is RemoteTech. It has not been updated to handle triggered science data, which affects the lab and the orbital survey. I'm already attempting to get in touch with the authors.[/QUOTE]

Yep, RTech was the problem. There's a patch of sorts available, WarShipMe. It's just a .dll to replace one that comes with Remote Tech. Surveyor wasn't working in either sandbox or career, after the 'patch', working now. [url=http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83305-1-0-5-RemoteTech-v1-6-9-2015-11-10?p=2302292&viewfull=1#post2302292]Fancy Mouse's[/url] post has the zip with the file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.