[1.1.2] Gimbal and Alternators For All

The_Sea_Four

Gimbal For All

Gimbal For All adds one degree of gimballing to all engines, from launch escape systems and SRBs to xenon engines. No more out of control ships you forgot to put reaction wheels/RCS on! Plus it will make gravity turns easier.

Note that in order for the newly gimballed engines to have less control than engines with vectoring by default, it also adds a degree of gimbal to already vectoring engines. You can edit the config file to tweak this to your desired rates.
It is compatible with all mods adding engines using the default engine module.

Requires ModuleManager (Not included).

Download: Spacedock

Alternators For All

Adds one electric charge per second alternators to all liquid fuel engines. Includes optional config files to add alternators to solid fuel engines or monopropellant engines. Perfect for small probes without other power generation capabilities.
Does not effect xenon engines or engines with modded fuels. Is compatible with any mod adding engines using the default engine module.

Requires ModuleManager (not included).

Download: Spacedock

License
Licenced as public domain.

Edited by The_Sea_Four
Fixed Formatting, updated licence and changed download links.

• 5 months later...
On 01/05/2016 at 3:09 AM, MisterFister said:

Sir, this thread is very difficult to find.  May I suggest specifying this forum thread as the "homepage" within the CKAN metadata?

I think when I moved the mods to spacedock I didn't include the forum link because I hadn't bothered to fix the formatting, fixed both now. :D

• 2 years later...

I made a small change to your config file (I found it was causing some modded parts the FUR hover engines to work incorrectly), and I was wondering if I did it right:

///Gimbal For All, by The_Sea_Four

///Make sure all engines have ModuleGimbal
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],!MODULE[ModuleGimbal]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[SolidFuel]]]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleGimbal
		gimbalTransformName = #$/MODULE[ModuleEngines*]/thrustVectorTransformName$
		gimbalRange = 0.0
	}
}

///Add 1 degree
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleGimbal]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[SolidFuel]]]:FINAL
{

@MODULE[ModuleGimbal]
	{
		@gimbalRange += 1
	}
}

EDIT: The intent was, in fact, to only apply gimballing to solid boosters, and for two reasons: 

1) I have linuxgurugamer's "Tweakable Everything Continued" installed, (every existing gimbal is made tweakable) and

2)I determined that the FUR hover engines' gimbals were rendered inoperative by the change. 

Edited by TheMan2000

5 hours ago, TheMan2000 said:

I made a small change to your config file (I found it was causing some modded parts to work incorrectly), and I was wondering if I did it right:

///Gimbal For All, by The_Sea_Four

///Make sure all engines have ModuleGimbal
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],!MODULE[ModuleGimbal]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[SolidFuel]]]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleGimbal
		gimbalTransformName = #$/MODULE[ModuleEngines*]/thrustVectorTransformName$
		gimbalRange = 0.0
	}
}

///Add 1 degree
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleGimbal]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[SolidFuel]]]:FINAL
{

@MODULE[ModuleGimbal]
	{
		@gimbalRange += 1
	}
}

I just pasted the solid fuel check in, but I'm pretty green when it comes to this stuff. 

Looks good to me, though if this is the only case where you add gimbal range only solid fuel boosters will have additional/new gimballing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.