Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

Just now, Angel-125 said:

Uh, Gregmore, there's a- er, you've got something stuck in your ship's mouth.. Need a napkin? :wink:

I think the ship's going to need more than a napkin. Like the number of a car spaceship insurance agency

Red Five, why have you shut down your targeting computer?

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

3 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

If you recall the dude that said that went splat into a wall

No, that was the guy that didn't stay on target. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha 360 said:

Red Five, why have you shut down your targeting computer?

BECAUSE MECHJEB IS CHEATING! 

[MechJeb is not, in fact, cheating. MechJeb is a wonderful mod that adds a badly wanted, and needed for some, feature into the game: autopilot. I myself use MechJeb to do routine missions, and I salute all of the people who work/worked on this amazing mod.]

Edited by KAL 9000

5 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

GAHDANGIT! uh...

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. And hate leads to suffering. (That's the best I could come up with; It's not 10:00 yet)

Also, I just noticed that this has a 4.9 star rating.. WHO WAS THE ONE THAT GAVE IT 4 STARS?! I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD 

If you do that, he will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

But who's that flying the plane?? Gene's was destroyed and he was the last one up there!

47 minutes ago, Deddly said:

If you do that, he will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

But who's that flying the plane?? Gene's was destroyed and he was the last one up there!

Reinforcements from Eve I think

Junior Looty Gregmore Kerman

Who, even at the end, upheld the finest tradition and values of Kerbfleet, extending the hand of peace and friendship to all, be they Kerbal or Kerbulan, dearest colleague or bitter foe.

RIP

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I, along with Gregmore, was totally blown away by that chapter. :)

#TooSoon

But yeah. RIP Gregmore! You'll be missed! (Maybe, I mean considering 99.99% of the readers didn't recognize you the first time, chances are they'll forget you about a week from now)

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

Hide contents

AiOT3K2.jpg

"Battle of Kerbin"?! Battle of...... I don't know whether to call you out for using my story title or be happy that you used my story title......

18 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

"Battle of Kerbin"?! Battle of...... I don't know whether to call you out for using my story title or be happy that you used my story title......

Think what you like, but I'm alluding to a much older story than yours :) ...and given the chapter title along with Shirley's "thousand years" speech, there really isn't anything else I could have called what just happened.

And that's how the Ghost rendered himself into a... ghost.

Ah, Gregmore! Valiantly offering peace even when a weapon is pointed right at his face... Bud did the enemy ever noticed his speech? (not before it was too late, that's for sure)

Gregmore Kerman - no Ghost has ever seen him coming.

Why, Kuzzter? These last panels really made me sad.
Because Gregmore had really grown on me throughout the Kerbfleet saga.
Because what happened to him is what happens so many times to people who try to reason with somebody who just doesn't want to listen.
Because Gregmore had to make the ultimate sacrifice, not only to save his friends or to be called a hero. He had to die for his crewmates to remember him.

What does this say about the Kerbals (about us)?

18 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

He could still be alive!

I truly hope that you're right!

Oh wow, poor Gregmore, but what a great use of the only resources he had available, and what a fantastic ending to the chapter!

A few interesting things we just learned:
1) Kerbfleet have learned the word "battle" and the definition of it
2) All the onookers can suddenly remember who Gregmore was (as can we readers) as well as his history with Kerbfleet
3) Gregmore's ship was actually invisible on radar and visually, even after he left the cockpit (his craft was sticking out of the missile bay at an angle that would have been visible from the Ghost's cockpit)
4) Mort cares about life more than funds, since he was not primarily concerned about the cost of the friendly ship that got destroyed in the explosion