Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

5 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Shirley... She's gone... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You forgot one.

ETA: and by the way, I just counted--together Jool Odyssey, Eve: Order Zero, and Duna, Ore Bust! have accumulated just over (pinky to lips) one meeeeeeelion views.

"Runner-up" my green bippy. :D 

Edited by Kuzzter

waiting for @Just Jim so I can say "She's dead, Jim."

Hmm... Water landings are bad. But they made water so it actually slows you down, so maybe she's fine? Although "fine" might be stretching it. Those gees are still pretty severe, even with a big ship like that. But as long as the cockpit bridge is viable? I think we have a chance.

1 minute ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Hmm... Water landings are bad. But they made water so it actually slows you down, so maybe she's fine? Although "fine" might be stretching it. Those gees are still pretty severe, even with a big ship like that. But as long as the cockpit bridge is viable? I think we have a chance.

From experience, if a kerbal's EVA and falling, they can survive an impact of about 45m/s on land, and anywhere from 50-65 m/s in water. If she's in a command seat on the other hand.... hhhmmm.....

You'll have to wait to see of course, but I will tell you this: everything you see from de-orbit to splashdown I flew legit, no cheats. And just like Tedus in the Dipperkraft, I let the chips ships fall where they may. I was able to get enough bite on the control surfaces to take most of the heat on the keel, shielding the bridge--no spoiler there, if Shirley had died from re-entry heat she would have stopped singing. Then the ship flipped over. When she got low enough i was able to light the RAPIER engines in the remaining nacelle. I mostly did this to generate smoke for that spiral effect, I don't really know whether it slowed the ship down at all.

And then of course Enterprise smacked into the water, keel skyward and bridge seaward, as you can see in the last panel.

15 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

waiting for @Just Jim so I can say "She's dead, Jim."

Hehe.... :sticktongue:

Actually, I was thinking, it appears to have survived the initial re-entry burn, and it's huge, so once it was in the lower atmosphere you would think the drag would be tremendous....

So the question becomes, just how much did it slow up???  I'm thinking it may have been enough.... just enough.... maybe..... :/

Edited by Just Jim

1 minute ago, KAL 9000 said:

GET THE RECOVERY HELICOPTERS OUT THERE! NAO! 

We need to rescue here if she's alive! 

Oh, yeah, and the other bridge crew.

I could loan you the E-720 "Angel". It's a great medical transport copter, which is surprising because I built it. There's also the "Bronco", the "Cougar", and the "Destroyer" if you ever need 'em.

Just now, Just Jim said:

Trust me, he won't.... :wink:

You never- aww yeah you're probably right XD

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Trust me, he won't.... :wink:

Yup If anyone around here knows me, it's @Just Jim. Giving up that kind of information before it's time for a reveal is just about as likely as...

1 minute ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I could loan you the E-720 "Angel". It's a great medical transport copter, which is surprising because I built it. There's also the "Bronco", the "Cougar", and the "Destroyer" if you ever need 'em.

...needing somebody else to build my crafts for me, after nearly three years of doing Kerbfleet comics :) 

So...

Just 1 digit..... ONE DIGIT!!! You can give me the point value; just a number!!! PWEASE

Just now, Kuzzter said:

Yup If anyone around here knows me, it's @Just Jim. Giving up that kind of information before it's time for a reveal is just about as likely as needing somebody else to build my crafts for me, after nearly three years of doing Kerbfleet comics :) 

:( 

1 minute ago, Kuzzter said:

So...

What was the vid? My school's buggered YouTube for us