Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

On 11/9/2016 at 11:01 PM, Geschosskopf said:

You go through life creating an army of clones evenly split between good and evil, and every shade between.  But they are all just as much  "you" as you are.  Thus, when you all end up dying, how do the deities sort out which version of the afterlife to give you?

Clearly they create armies of clones of themselves evenly split between giving you each of all possible afterlives ;P

Status Update: Here's Jeb and Bill coming in from Qwammer ore trip #4 of goodness-i-don't-know-how-many. Note that Qwammer is docking with its dorsal port to Intrepid's dorsal which takes MUCH less time than lining everything up to fly into Q-bay.

FwnQPJO.png

After the Kraken incident (which was trip #2) I stowed the rover and the tugbot, sent Lisa, Nimzo and Sarge back to their shipboard stations, and resumed shuttling to the big ore pocket on the equator which was the site of trip #2. 

One more trip to the surface should fill up the rest of Intrepid's oxidant tanks including Skimmeroo's--but after that, there will still be space for about 100,000 units of liquid fuel, requiring 25 more Qwammer trips for a full load. I don't think I'm going to do that :) Instead I'll run a number for the LF required to get the ship to Laythe and then back out to Pol, add a healthy margin, and leave it at that.

Edited by Kuzzter

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Status Update: Here's Jeb and Bill coming in from Qwammer ore trip #4 of goodness-i-don't-know-how-many.

Werhner:  Und dis ist vy, ven uns der nächtes Auftrag geplanning, uns vill ein flotilla gemachen.
(the poor guy is trying his best to speak at least a patois of at least his 3rd language, so give him a break)

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

One more trip to the surface should fill up the rest of Intrepid's oxidant tanks ...

You make that sound like a toothpaste :)

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:53 PM, RAINCRAFTER said:

To @Kuzzter...

A post by you that inspired me...

So, I've been binge reading for 2 hrs... I'm on Chapter 12... and quite honestly, this might be better than your other graphic novels. Maybe I was wrong; but still, I've got a few more chapters to read through until I can make a completely fair judgement; and with how good these chapters are coming out to be, I'm most likely going to binge-read the rest of the story up 'till now in the very near future. Rain Out.

I second how good this story series is!

If I hadn't just gotten back from vacation, and if I actually had time to do stuff right now, I'd re-binge read all of the novels. There's probably a TON of stuff I've forgotten about.

Which reminds me, I should also probably re-read Plan Kappa again sometime...

Now for my favorite moon of Jool...   LAYTHE!muahahahaha!

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I second how good this story series is!

If I hadn't just gotten back from vacation, and if I actually had time to do stuff right now, I'd re-binge read all of the novels. There's probably a TON of stuff I've forgotten about.

Which reminds me, I should also probably re-read Plan Kappa again sometime...

Now for my favorite moon of Jool...   LAYTHE!muahahahaha!

Well, I'm all caught up, and all I can say is this:

:0.0: AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

(Also, how is @Kuzzter going to model the threat that breached Intrepid at the end of Chapter 15? Like, is it going to be drawn?)

On 11/11/2016 at 11:53 PM, RAINCRAFTER said:

To @Kuzzter...

A post by you that inspired me...

So, I've been binge reading for 2 hrs... I'm on Chapter 12... and quite honestly, this might be better than your other graphic novels. Maybe I was wrong; but still, I've got a few more chapters to read through until I can make a completely fair judgement; and with how good these chapters are coming out to be, I'm most likely going to binge-read the rest of the story up 'till now in the very near future. Rain Out.

This is a post by @RAINCRAFTER about an inspiring post by @Kuzzter about a post by @RAINCRAFTER that inspired @Kuzzter.

And you thought you knew meta loops...

(then)

On 11/12/2016 at 10:55 AM, Kuzzter said:

VAL: "Helm, set SAS control to 'Hold Topic':targetpro:"

:) 

(claps)

Repliked.

Translated from the Tut-Un-Jeb-An hieroglyphics: 

Two worlds, one good, one bad. 

Kindess and cruelty, science and the sword. 

Nature created two worlds, but only one can remain. 

The Kraken will decide which will be destroyed when awakened from its slumber on Bop. 

Once awakened, no one can stop it from destroying one of the worlds. No F9 will stop it, no persistence editing. 

But it can be convinced which one to spare.

I'm worried about the kraken egg. It's in danger of hatching in a much hotter environment than it is supposed to live in, and the pressurised cabin might hurt it too. Poor little baby horror with an insatiable hunger for death and destruction.

24 minutes ago, Deddly said:

I'm worried about the kraken egg. It's in danger of hatching in a much hotter environment than it is supposed to live in, and the pressurised cabin might hurt it too. Poor little baby horror with an insatiable hunger for death and destruction.

Thanks Deddly!

That one made my morning.  :)

Happy landings!

18 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Are you going to use 1.2, or wait until you've completed this mission?

Dunno yet, we'll see. I have successfully loaded the Kerbfleet save in 1.2, but have not had a lot of time recently to play or make comics. You'll find out about 1.2 right when Bill Kerman does :) 

6 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Ummm, can we try and keep somewhat on topic, please?

That topic mostly being the strange pink egg under Lisa's seat.

Oh, and the Kerbulans.

Happy Concerned Nervous Anxious Scared landings!

'Grats on the moderator status.

7 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

on topic

Oh, right. Uhm-

What do you figure are the requirements for an organism which egg remains viable in a hard vacuum, severe temperature fluctuations, and rigorous irradiation? Would such an egg even care about atmosphere, heat, or proximity to kerbals?