Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

8 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Hmm, Ship of Theseus. If the entire fleet, including ships, flags, and crew has been reconstructed and replaced to be exactly the same as it was before, is it the same fleet?

Hmm. Hmm! HMM!

*Has brief two second existential crisis involving saves that have been copied across versions since 0.23.5*

Nice analogy! He did mention, however that only a few things were reconstructed rather than copied... although copying could also be considered replicating... I actually saw a thing on reddit a while back about reusing Falcon 9's and replacing parts. That very same analogy came up.

13 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

The sort I'd rather not discuss :) But before anyone jumps to any conclusions, I'll just say that having Kerbfleet on that computer is not the reason I no longer have that computer :wink: 

This sort of thing is why I keep anything of vague importance backed up on google drive.  Of course countermeasures likely makes this less of an option.  I've dealt with such things and understand why they exist, unfortunately they seem to end up counter productive more often than not.

Yeah new page! Whoot whoot!

16 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:
Spoiler

8jHysRk.jpg

Bob's face.. er... Bob Kerman's face is like "I'VE GOT A CLONE! HECK YEAH!" And then there's evil Val who wants nukes

Edited by DarkOwl57

2 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

What's the Kerman to Kermulan manpower count? I think the Intrepid has more kerbs on it then the Despair, Right?

Well, let's not go through that whole counting exercise we did a few Forum pages back again... but yes, Despair has lost a few crew so they definitely have fewer kerbs than Intrepid, even considering the fact that Bill, Jeb and Kenlie Kerman are still on the Qwammer.

However, I'd imagine that letting loose a pair of certified lunatics munatics numatics  with automatic weapons might change the balance of kerbpower rather dramatically. :) 

*Bob and Bob/ Centurion having conversation*

Evil Val: "Bob!"
Bob Ker./Bob Kem.: "Yeah?"

Evil Val: "No, not you! The other Bob!"
Val: What part of me wants to be a homicidal dictator? *Soul searching*

Despair crew: Please don't let me go out there.... I don't want to get hit by this 'extinguisher' weapon...

2 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

From my limited experience, it is never a good sign when the GM has this reaction to a roll.

Yeah... I was thinking the same thing... when the DM sounds surprised... run!!!  :0.0:

Edited by Just Jim

11 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

Quote from end of Eve, Order Zero: "So at dinner tonight I told my daughter the rough outline of the next two books. Her advice to me: "Explain nothing. Let the comments section handle it." That's my girl! :D " "next two books"! Did I just find a important clue, @Kuzzter?

Just because I have an outline in my head for another book after this one doesn't mean I'm going to write it. We'll see :) 

Just now, Brent Kerman said:

The simple fact you have an outline for a book after this one suggests they won't all get killed. #Logic :sticktongue:

I'm sure that a Mr. R.R. Martin has many ideas for future books, but I don't think that will stop him from doing whatever he needs to make his current one good.