Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

Well, in case Kuzzter ever comes back to read this.

Thanks for the time spent on the comic - I enjoyed it very much and I know very well that a minute or two worth of reading can easily translate into a day or two (very often more) of writing.

And for what it's worth - this reader chooses 'They live' for a poll option.

Cheers,

KSK.

Just now, greenTurtle1134 said:

If this goes on any longer, we may have to begin to consider the possibility that this is not a joke.

Prepare the pitchforks.

I'll get the torches, You got the pitchforks.... Jeb can get the firebombs

32 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

If this goes on any longer, we may have to begin to consider the possibility that this is not a joke.

Prepare the pitchforks.

Platypi armed. 

Stand by for angry mob activation in three... two... one... now.

Hacking... 

Hacking... 

Hacking... 

Hack complete! 

Kerbulan Empire Interplanetary Nuke Launch Computer hacked! 

KEINLC copyright Kerbulan Empire Year 6. All rights reserved. 

---

INPUT: Launch All Missiles 

Enter Code: 

INPUT: 8711534 

Code Accepted. Enter Target: 

INPUT: Right next to @Kuzzter's house, Kerbin 

Target Accepted. Last Warning: Do you REALLY want to launch the nukes (Y/N)? 

INPUT: Y 

Launch Successful. Nukes en route.

Spoiler

Stand by for angry mob activation in three... two... one... now.

It was really dragging on and all we wanted to really see was more lolslosions. BOOM! Great ending.

Nuclear missile launch codes are 8711534. You have my permission to fire.

Stuff like this could be a factor in Kuzzter deciding to turn an April Fool's joke into reality. Please stop.

This is supposed to be a game. If it's not fun, go do something that is. So long, Kuzzter, and thank you... unless this is an April Fool's joke.

Edited by Readerty2007

Yeah, if you start something out as a joke but your readers get upset and break out the pitchforks, torches, and ICBMs, it offers very little incentive to continue the story after the joke. It stops feeling like fun, and starts feeling more like demands.

Just in case it helps some of you congesting what just happened:

So first, let's bust this "April Fools"-myth. The final update was published on Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 01:32h UTC+2. Technically it wasn't even April Fools Day at UTC (Friday, March 31 at 23:32h there) and technically it wasn't April Fools Day at UTC-4 either (but Friday around prime time). So why should the update be considered an April Fools Day prank? It might have been April Fools Day in Central Europe and East of it, but that's not the point - why should any arbitrary time zone have been taken into account? There is no hint there.

Let's furthermore recall the thread title for the update before. It was "Chapter 19 pg 9: Qd8+". Now any reader will be familiar with chess at this point so look up the move "9 Qd8+" on the web. You will find one match: Reti vs Tartakower. That match ended with a white win after 11 Bd8#. So the basic question is who is white and who is black, right? Now, you would assume that the Kerbals where white, but they aren't - it is the Kerbulans. Otherwise they wouldn't announce "Check" on page 9, would they? From there on it is straight forward to the end. White wins in move 11. Now, watch closely how the Kerbulans manipulate the poll on page 11 - the final move. The rest is - once more - straight forward.

I have to admit, when I first saw the announcement of the Kerbulans winning on page 9, I was a bit confused and thought I misinterpreted something here but well, @Kuzzter sticked so tightly to the eleven moves, this cannot be coincidence.

Maybe @Kuzzter will continue this in a few months time, but I'd bet against it. As I said, there's no hint supporting that point of view - at least in my opinion. Also, there already have been several announcements from @Kuzzter pointing out that he wished it was over... so yeah.