Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

51 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Interesting. At the beginning of the series (all the way back in D,OB!), form was second to function, judging by some of the older designs.

Ah, the inevitable toll of the public spectacle on any well-run exploratory organization! There is always a dichotomy between being good and looking good.

55 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Interesting. At the beginning of the series (all the way back in D,OB!), form was second to function, judging by some of the older designs.

You callin' my ships ugly? :huh:

Well,the difference here of course is that I'm modeling a craft from a sci-fi show that didn't pay any attention to real-world physics at all. Comes to mind that the amount of work required to make a sci-fi replica craft actually fly in KSP might be a pretty good indicator of how "hard" the source material is.

Edited by Kuzzter

Just now, Kuzzter said:

You callin' my ships ugly?

Nope, just calling them functional above all else.

I'd never call your ugly ships ugly, at least, not to your ugly avatar's face.

:wink:

Just now, Kuzzter said:

Well,the difference here of course is that I'm modeling a craft from a sci-fi show that didn't pay any attention to real-world physics at all. Actually the amount of work required to make a sci-fi replica craft actually fly in KSP might be a pretty good indicator of how "hard" the source material is.

There's a reason they call it "Science-fiction."

This Interlude was originally going to be a lot shorter and a lot simpler, but then I watched Season 1 of Glee again with the kids. Enjoy. :) 

A4iq8u6.jpg

3dqLR2y.jpg

ICSait2.jpg

q52ZEpn.jpg

tNZ5K61.jpg

f2VmQPm.jpg

aqftoU8.jpg

VMgrUGy.jpg

qCdm5eu.jpg

21 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Wait, what was that slide where someone goes "Nimzo is dying!" as Bill opens the persistence? I don't seem to remember that.

Well here's a fun trivia challenge--can anyone identify all the snapshots without re-reading several years' worth of comics? :) 

19 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh man... such mixed feelings...

I really, really, really hate Glee!!!  

11 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

You're going to call me an idiot, but what is that song? :D

*sigh* fine. This is the not-Glee version. Don't tell me you don't know this song.

Just now, KSK said:

Kerbfleet! Putting the ROCK into rocket science. :) 

Well SOMEONE gets it :D 

Just now, Kuzzter said:

*sigh* fine. This is the not-Glee version. Don't tell me you don't know this song.

hahaha... It has nothing to do with the show... Glee was my ex's favorite... :wink:

And yeah, the song was easy, actually.... but I grew up on Journey... 

8 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Well here's a fun trivia challenge--can anyone identify all the snapshots without re-reading several years' worth of comics? :) 

1. Lisa becoming the first Kerbal to stand on another planet.
2. Bill repairing the tires on the rover.
3. Releasing the Billmobile to rescue Tedus and Bob.
4. Bill saving Nimzo from a Kraken
5. Transferring Science!TM via the crew transfer from the stranded ships on Eve.
6. Launch of the Intrepid
7. Hummlebee encountering a bug in wing lift
8. Tedus the Triumphant
9. Planting the flag on Duna
10. Planting the flag on Eve, before leaving.
11. Planting the flag on the Mun, with Lisa throwing up.
12. Planting the first of many flags on Pol
13. Landing the Intrepid on Minmus for refueling.
14. As stated in the picture, it's the first Kerbals to land on Tylo.
15. Planting the flag on Val
16. Planting the flag on Laythe, shortly before taking off via a dive.

How'd I do?

6 hours ago, Dman979 said:

How'd I do?

Extremely well! Only quibbles are that in 2.  that's Nimzo, and the rover is attached to Qwammer via Tugbot for descent to Pol. The flag in 10. is the one Bill planted after landing the Billmobile

Edited by Kuzzter

15 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Extremely well! Only quibbles are that in 2.  that's Nimzo, and the rover is attached to Qwammer via Tugbot for descent to Pol. The flag in 10. is the one Bill planted after landing the Billmobile

In my defense, all the other pictures in the beginning of an engineer were Bill, so I assumed the lyrics were referring to him. :/

I knew what the song was from the start (I _may_ have seen Journey perform live a few too many times when I was young), but for some reason my brain wouldn't connect up until I played it on the ol iPod. Instead it kept trying to attach it to either Sk8er Boi or one of several different Simon & Garfunkle songs..... Think I need more coffee. 

Well done interlude.