[1.1] BDynamics Mk22 Cockpits v1.1

BahamutoD

[quote name='InfiniteShock']If you look up "F-22 Side" on google you'll see that it has a very blended cockpit and a pretty gradual slope. So not really.[/QUOTE]

I was an F22 Avionics maintainer during my time in the Air Force. I was around them everyday.
Also, Baha, I would love a two seat inline MK1 cockpit with this IVA. Might make one myself. been wanting to learn how to make mods for KSP. Edited by ShawnPhillips

4 minutes ago, The Tricky Trickster said:

It seems that it isn't working. I drag and drop the folder into my GameData. But when I boot up KSP, it doesn't work. The cockpits don't show up in the SPH/VAB. I have RasterPropMonitor and ASET installed, so why isn't it working? 

https://gyazo.com/2f0f199cceed860c5fa5f3823cd1e6ad (GIF of me installing it)

You will need to provide an output log, as described here.  As a general rule, you should always provide ant output log when making a support request.

Edited by blowfish

3 minutes ago, The Tricky Trickster said:

It seems I wasn't clear enough in my previous statement. I meant to ask if I had installed it correctly (Which is why I had provided the GIF)

You did install it correctly, so I'll need some more info to know what could be going wrong.

1 minute ago, The Tricky Trickster said:

It seems I wasn't clear enough in my previous statement. I meant to ask if I had installed it correctly (Which is why I had provided the GIF)

And it's a lot easier to tell that from the log.  Sorry if it seems like I'm pushing this too hard, but it's really better to just post the log, and it will show the problem immediately ~95% of the time, whether it's due to installing incorrectly or another issue.

Um, hi @BahamutoD, loving the cockpit but I had a problem, once I realized ksp was crashing because I exceeded the ram usage, I got the textures in half-res and suddenly the rasterprop navball stopped showing on the mk22, I trought it was the rasterprop at first but seeing as it works fine on stock parts made it clear. Here is a Screenshot, do you know what might be causing this?

Edited by Lohan
I discovered tagging

7 hours ago, The Tricky Trickster said:

It seems that it isn't working. I drag and drop the folder into my GameData. But when I boot up KSP, it doesn't work. The cockpits don't show up in the SPH/VAB. I have RasterPropMonitor and ASET installed, so why isn't it working? 

https://gyazo.com/2f0f199cceed860c5fa5f3823cd1e6ad (GIF of me installing it)

Just thought I'd let you know that I had the same problem, and the reason you can't see the cockpits is that you have BD Armory Sorting installed. There's something about that mod that causes the cockpits not to show up in the editor. If you get rid of it you should be able to see the cockpits just fine.

Edited by SupremeDragoon5

Hey Baha, first off I wanted to say that I love the cockpits' design and (especially) the IVA (dat HUD!)

Function-wise I met difficulties regarding the interaction of my typical design with the lifting-body characteristic of the intake-less cockpit. (Disclaimer: I use FAR) The cockpit has comparatively a lot of lift, which shifts the CoL forward by a big margin. Basically I only get acceptable stability if I build my SSTOs like an arrow - with the wings concentrated in the aft fifth of the craft. 

Is this intended / is it not specifically compatible with FAR / am I just doing something wrong?

Edit: I'm using it with stock Mk2 fuselage, haven't reinstalled B9 since 1.0. I remember B9 having lifting body in its fuselage pieces - I guess that could account for the difference in CoL displacement.

Edited by boywithumbrella
more info

2 hours ago, boywithumbrella said:

Hey Baha, first off I wanted to say that I love the cockpits' design and (especially) the IVA (dat HUD!)

Function-wise I met difficulties regarding the interaction of my typical design with the lifting-body characteristic of the intake-less cockpit. (Disclaimer: I use FAR) The cockpit has comparatively a lot of lift, which shifts the CoL forward by a big margin. Basically I only get acceptable stability if I build my SSTOs like an arrow - with the wings concentrated in the aft fifth of the craft. 

Is this intended / is it not specifically compatible with FAR / am I just doing something wrong?

Edit: I'm using it with stock Mk2 fuselage, haven't reinstalled B9 since 1.0. I remember B9 having lifting body in its fuselage pieces - I guess that could account for the difference in CoL displacement.

I believe this is a big with these cockpits actually.  They have ModuleLiftingSurface, which should be removed if FAR is present but is not.  All the lifting body stuff is handled automatically by FAR based on the shape.

40 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I believe this is a big with these cockpits actually.  They have ModuleLiftingSurface, which should be removed if FAR is present but is not.  All the lifting body stuff is handled automatically by FAR based on the shape.

Of course, if FAR already calculates lift based on body shape, then the additional "magic wing" inside the cockpit throws the CoL much too far forward. Thanks for your input, blowfish! I'll delete the module and test it now. I understand that should be rather a question to Ferram, but if FAR already calculates lift by shape (of body and wing), shouldn't it disregard any ModuleLiftingSurface anyway? Or is it that it uses the module to identify wings as wings and calculate more lift for them than body parts etc.?

Also, while I'm at it, thanks for your work on B9 ;) that is greatly appreciated!

Hi...I cant seem to find the Navutilities  Instrument Landing System button (for RPM) anywhere? Is there a fix for this? Also my navball is a black circle with out the actual ball, is this a problem with RPM or this mod, and if so what should I do? Thanks in advance.

Edited by AK von Bismarck

8 hours ago, AK von Bismarck said:

Hi...I cant seem to find the Navutilities  Instrument Landing System button (for RPM) anywhere? Is there a fix for this? Also my navball is a black circle with out the actual ball, is this a problem with RPM or this mod, and if so what should I do? Thanks in advance.

@AK von Bismarck I have the same navball problem, it only happens when I'm using half-res textures, try to put it full res, save and restart the game, see if it helps...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.