[1.1] BDynamics Mk22 Cockpits v1.1

BahamutoD

So in both the old and the new patch, the switch for HUD is gone. I have the most recent version of ASET props (released today), so I don't know why it's not in there. I can fly without it, but it's rather annoying. Any suggestions?

--- UPDATE ---

I found the problem. Alexustas decided to change the file of the reference prop - The tumble switch - from "SwitchTumble" to "Switch_Tumble". However, the path is still "SwitchTumble"

I'll fiddle around with the configs and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have this working on 1.2? I have the latest version from PapaJoe's repo and the latest copy of ASET. Thanks.

On 2/8/2017 at 10:48 PM, Raptor22 said:

So in both the old and the new patch, the switch for HUD is gone. I have the most recent version of ASET props (released today), so I don't know why it's not in there. I can fly without it, but it's rather annoying. Any suggestions?

--- UPDATE ---

I found the problem. Alexustas decided to change the file of the reference prop - The tumble switch - from "SwitchTumble" to "Switch_Tumble". However, the path is still "SwitchTumble"

I'll fiddle around with the configs and see what happens.

Could you be of assistance, @Raptor22? I have the current "default" version it seems.

On 28/01/2017 at 6:53 PM, V8jester said:

Also there is an "unofficial" release of ASET props with the fixed color tags

http://spacedock.info/mod/1180/ASET Props - Community Edition

Dead link, unfortunately. Is there a version out there of ASET props that fixes things as I've got messed up tags in all my cockpits?

9 minutes ago, SufficientAnonymity said:

Well aware it existed :P Running it, and still have alphabet soup all over the action groups switches.

That coupled with the newest version of the ALCOR runs fine on my end? No color tags showing up. What version of ALCOR and the ALCOR IVA patch are you running?

Edit

Wow that's what I get for posting everywhere. Which version of MK22 are you currently running?

do you have the 1.2.1 version of the MK22 plugin?

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDMk22Plugin/releases

Edited by V8jester

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

That coupled with the newest version of the ALCOR runs fine on my end? No color tags showing up. What version of ALCOR and the ALCOR IVA patch are you running?

Edit

Wow that's what I get for posting everywhere. Which version of MK22 are you currently running?

do you have the 1.2.1 version of the MK22 plugin?

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDMk22Plugin/releases

Was pretty sure I was running that version of Mk22, but don't seem to have a KSPedia file in my install - reinstalling and trying again.

EDIT: still messed up. Going to fiddle with my ASET install a bit more.

EDIT2: ASET zip linked seemed to make some text uglier, but otherwise did nothing. Reverted changes.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

On 2/8/2017 at 10:48 PM, Raptor22 said:

have the most recent version of ASET props (released today), so I don't know why it's not in there. I can fly without it, but it's rather annoying. Any suggestions?

My cockpit internal looks like this.

Spoiler

8QqW2PH.png

What have I done wrong?

8 hours ago, SufficientAnonymity said:

Was pretty sure I was running that version of Mk22, but don't seem to have a KSPedia file in my install - reinstalling and trying again.

EDIT: still messed up. Going to fiddle with my ASET install a bit more.

EDIT2: ASET zip linked seemed to make some text uglier, but otherwise did nothing. Reverted changes.

What version of RPM do you have?

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases

5 hours ago, DuoDex said:

My cockpit internal looks like this.

Hide contents

8QqW2PH.png

What have I done wrong?

Did you turn on the cockpit lights and the /hud? There is a button / toggle for each function.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

What version of RPM do you have?

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases

Did you turn on the cockpit lights and the /hud? There is a button / toggle for each function.

v0.28.0

33 minutes ago, DuoDex said:

@V8jester Yes I know, but other people's cockpits still look very different.

Hide contents

GKXRxF3.png

Can you circle where on my cockpit I should click to get the HUD? I'm having trouble finding it.

mLIi4zX.png

1 hour ago, DuoDex said:

Yes, but this one is mine. There is no HUD switch.

Reveal hidden contents

8QqW2PH.png

Even with that layout, I still have that button, though you seem to be free of the extra writing/tags - http://imgur.com/a/u3h4L

EDIT: Nuking everything has fixed most things but gotten rid of that button. Bear with...

EDIT2: Gotcha. Line 7 of HUDToggleSwitch should read "model = ASET/ASET_Props/Control/Switch_Tumble/SwitchTumble" not "model = ASET/ASET_Props/Control/SwitchTumble/SwitchTumble"

EDIT3: This opens a new can of worms. The switch text now has colour tags in the wrong place and doesn't match the backlights everywhere else. Rewriting the prop based on the GPWS toggle below.

dlBdhiL.jpg

PROP
{
	name = bdSwTumbleToggleHUD

MODEL
	{
		model = ASET/ASET_Props/Control/Switch_Tumble/SwitchTumble
	}

// action  

MODULE
	{
		name = JSIActionGroupSwitch
		animationName = SwitchTumbleAnim
		switchTransform = SwitchColider
		switchSound = ASET/ASET_Props/Sounds/tumbleClick01
		actionName = plugin
		PLUGINACTION
		{
			name = Mk22HUDSwitch
			actionMethod = ButtonHUDToggle
			//stateMethod = ButtonHUDToggleState
		}
	}

// labels

// NAME

MODULE
	{
		name = JSILabel		
		transformName = TextTopObj
		alignment = Center
		anchor = LowerCenter
		transformOffset = 0.026,-0.018
		fontName = InconsolataGo-Bold
		fontSize = 3.8
		variableName = CUSTOM_ALCOR_BACKLIGHT_ON
		emissive = active 
		positiveColor = COLOR_ASET_SWITCHER_NAME_POSITIVECOLOR
		zeroColor = COLOR_ASET_SWITCHER_NAME_ZEROCOLOR
		negativeColor = COLOR_ASET_SWITCHER_NAME_NEGATIVECOLOR
		labelText = HUD POWER
	}

// ON / OFF

MODULE
	{
		name = JSILabel		
		transformName = TextTopObj
		alignment = Center
		anchor = UpperCenter
		transformOffset = 0.026,-0.010
		fontName = Arial
		fontSize = 4.6
		emissive = active 
		positiveColor = COLOR_ASET_SWITCHER_STATE_POSITIVECOLOR
		zeroColor = COLOR_ASET_SWITCHER_STATE_ZEROCOLOR
		negativeColor = COLOR_ASET_SWITCHER_STATE_NEGATIVECOLOR
		labelText = [b]│                        │$$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$OFF[/b]
	}

// Switcher Backlight -------------------------------------------------------------

MODULE
	{
		name = JSICallbackAnimator

VARIABLESET
		{
			coloredObject = GlowBorder
			passiveColor = 0,0,0,255
			activeColor = COLOR_ASET_SWITCHER_BORDER_POSITIVECOLOR
			scale = 0.5,1.1
		}

VARIABLESET
		{
			coloredObject = TumblerMarkObj
			passiveColor = 0,0,0,255
			activeColor = COLOR_ASET_SWITCHER_MARK_POSITIVECOLOR
			scale = 0.5,1.1
		}
	}	
}

proxy = 0, 0, 0, 	0.0502, 0.037, 0.0511, 	1, 0.5, 0.5

EDIT4: could probably do with tweaking the font size to be a bit larger, actually. Oh well.

@Papa_Joe and @gomker, I've made a PR that (more or less) fixes compatibility with the most recent version of RPM and ASET. 

For anyone else who wants to try it, all you have to do is FULLY DELETE your current ASET and BDMk22 folders, reinstall, then change what I've changed in my PR. This might be of help to you, @SufficientAnonymity.

On 16/11/2016 at 4:09 PM, airwolfpiskin said:

i figured it out because it wasnt working so i looked at the stock cockpits to see if there was a diference. and sure enough that was the issue. i have mk22 working like a charm (i had to change hundreds of color value formats from [#--------] to <#-------> in many ASET models so the text would work but if you dont you just have to deal with all the numbers having the color tag displayed in the value.) it took me a while t

I think we've just ended up doing the same thing in a similar manner, looking at your PR :P And yes, I nuked everything about an hour ago, as you suggested just now.

6 minutes ago, SufficientAnonymity said:

I think we've just ended up doing the same thing in a similar manner, looking at your PR :P

Yep. I didn't bother with the colors and all that, it just goes on and off. :P Yours might not be functional in-game, though, and I don't like messing with something that works (especially as load times right now are on the long side, I haven't set up a full testbed install). If you want to prettyify my PR feel free but I don't want to mess with it any further.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey so I tried installing this in 1.2.2 and I placed the BDMk22 folder into C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData so now it's C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\BDMk22
but in-game the part doesn't show up, and I have RasterPropMonitor and ASET_Props installed.
Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 6:37 AM, DiscoveryPlanet said:

This thing is GODDAMN AWESOME !!!!!!!
can you make another cockpit ? like F16, Rafale, Sukhoi PAK FA ?

It Would be GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

We are just maintaining this currently, but if you would like more cockpits like the ones you listed checkout these mods if you haven't already

https://spacedock.info/mod/1116/AoA Technologies

https://spacedock.info/mod/836/QuizTechAeroPackContinued

Its also possible to use the BDAMK22 internal with the other cockpits, I do in my own install

19 hours ago, gomker said:

We are just maintaining this currently, but if you would like more cockpits like the ones you listed checkout these mods if you haven't already

https://spacedock.info/mod/1116/AoA Technologies

https://spacedock.info/mod/836/QuizTechAeroPackContinued

Its also possible to use the BDAMK22 internal with the other cockpits, I do in my own install

i already have it, just need Sukhoi PAK FA :D

"Its also possible to use the BDAMK22 internal with the other cockpits, I do in my own install" HOW Sir???

4 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

HOW Sir???

Find the part config for whichever one you want to modify and replace the  "INTERNAL" config node with this

INTERNAL
    {
        name = mk22Internal
    }

make sure to delete your partdatabase.cfg and MM Cache in GameData as well to refresh the parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.