Mad Rocket Scientist

43 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

Let me note two discoveries that you might find worthy to add to the OP.

You can't turn an image into a link by only BBcode or the YSWYG system alone, but the combination of the two works. To do so, one needs to click the 'link' button, add the desired URL into the URL field, and the url of the image - in IMG brackets into the 'Link text' field. It'll look silly in the input field, but works fine once posted. Example:

URL:		https://exapmle.target.link.ksp/content
Link text:	[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vwxyz.jpg[/IMG]

The other thing is a pet peeve of mine. I hate to have "Edited by Evanitis" notifications under my posts, just because I fixed the spelling after reading what I wrote. But if I post something (even just a dot) right after, the two posts are merged, and the shameful grey text is gone. Of course it only works if no one posts in the thread before the workaround. The time-limit to do so is somewhere between 10 and 30 hours.

. <- see? the only trace of my edits.

That's a clever alternate way of making a linked image, I'll add that.

As RIC pointed out, that doesn't remove the grey lines.

19 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

If you have a long quote in your post that you'd like to split into multiple quotes, insert the cursor into the quote at the appropriate place and

Does that work?

19 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

hit enter twice. Props to @Kobymaru for pointing this out.

It does!  That's great, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2016 at 8:58 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

If you have a long quote in your post that you'd like to split into multiple quotes, insert the cursor into the quote at the appropriate place and hit enter twice. Props to @Kobymaru for pointing this out.

How do you get the blue fill on the member name?  It appears as a link but I'm having difficulty determining was the source is.  Is the formatting automatic or manual?  Are you dragging and dropping something?

1 minute ago, Brigadier said:

How do you get the blue fill on the member name?  It appears as a link but I'm having difficulty determining was the source is.  Is the formatting automatic or manual?  Are you dragging and dropping something?

You just type a @ and the first few letters. And a list comes up with suggestions. Pick one and it turns blue.

Sometimes you need to try a few times. Backspace to the @ and start again.

41 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

I think I broke something. Somehow I quoted the ENTIRE THREAD PAGE in a single post. I can't edit it, the bugged text is blocking the button. Is there any way to delete posts anymore? 

If you can't edit it, then I'd just report it.  Hopefully there are moderation tools to delete posts. 

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one that is unable to delete quotes on mobile? Whenever I'm on my phone, I'm unable to delete a quote, and have to wait until I get home on my computer until I can reply. Pressing the obvious button on my phone, the delete key, will delete any text inside or outside the quote, but not the actual quote itself.

I don't know if this is a problem with Android, the forums, Google Chrome, or something else. I couldn't find any similar posts or any solutions. Is anyone aware of this or know how to fix it?

23 hours ago, KocLobster said:

Am I the only one that is unable to delete quotes on mobile? Whenever I'm on my phone, I'm unable to delete a quote, and have to wait until I get home on my computer until I can reply. Pressing the obvious button on my phone, the delete key, will delete any text inside or outside the quote, but not the actual quote itself.

I don't know if this is a problem with Android, the forums, Google Chrome, or something else. I couldn't find any similar posts or any solutions. Is anyone aware of this or know how to fix it?

I've used the forums on desktop win7 IE, Firefox, and chrome, and never had any trouble with deleting quotes, but I have heard of this problem from other mobile users.

18 minutes ago, Enceos said:

There was an option for blog posts in the old forum, where is it now? Are all my blog posts deleted?

They are, I'm sad to report, and the new forum doesn't have a blog feature. This was mentioned before the move was made to give people time to back stuff up.

On April 21, 2016 at 1:28 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

They are, I'm sad to report, and the new forum doesn't have a blog feature. This was mentioned before the move was made to give people time to back stuff up.

I have a question on that.  Is there any database backup remaining, or is it gone?  Just wondering

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lrd.Helmet said:

I'm sorry if it has been asked before, but I can't seem to figure out how to resize images or videos I post. Not sure if it is even possible, but if somebody knows how?

Let me test...

element_glace_creme_14.png

Yep.  CTRL-Right click does it.  Just do that, then hit "Edit Image," make sure "Keep original aspect ratio" is checked, then resize away!

• 3 months later...

Why i cannot to embed an imgur album?

To embed an imgur album, take the album code from an album, something like "06N4r" from "https://imgur.com/a/06N4r," then paste it into the box that shows up when you click the little white "i" on a black background.

Where is it?

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, kurja said:

Is there a feature to list all threads I've posted in and have new posts? Some forums have this or similar and I find it an excellent feature.

By default, all threads where a member posts are added to his subscribed threads (one can unsubscribe if feels better so). In Notification settings is possible to choose if/how to receive notifications about subscribed threads. These options allow good customization, to include receiving a summary of all subscribed threads with new content.

4 hours ago, kurja said:

Is there a feature to list all threads I've posted in and have new posts? Some forums have this or similar and I find it an excellent feature.

Go to this link and click "add to my feeds" or something similar. Check the checkmark to the right of the title to make it your default feed, which makes it show up at the top of every forum page, right next to "mark site read."

It's called settings because that was what it was called on the old forum software.

For others with old forum nostalgia: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/discover/110/ 

9 hours ago, kurja said:

One of the default activity streams is "Threads I Posted In". Click Activity at the top of the page, then My Activity Streams, then Threads I Posted In. This will give you the full list of threads in which you have posted, whether subscribed or not. Threads with unread replies will be bolded.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Can some tags be added to this thread along the lines of "attach image", "insert image" "add screen capture", "screenshot" etc... I was trying to figure out how to attach images and none of my searches on this forum found any hints.  It wasn't until I discovered this thread that I found out how.  I think it would help other forum newbies like me to find this thread with some tags around attaching screenshots.

I've found this thread very useful :)