Mad Rocket Scientist

A guide to the change to the forums + New forums FAQ!

194 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

Apparently clicking on the time underneath a poster's icon (on the home screen) takes you to the last post.

I see the button which says "See their activity," but I don't see this other thing, are you on mobile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I see the button which says "See their activity," but I don't see this other thing, are you on mobile?

On both, actually. Clicking the time of posting on a thread, when on the home screen or whatever it's called, goes to the last post.

Go to Kerbal Network, and look at this thread. You'll see the icon of the latest poster on the far right. Under that is the time of posting. Clicking on the time takes you to the latest post. Works on mobile and desktop (as far as I've tested).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Yes:
Click on "search," then the drop-down to the left of search, click the "Advanced search" the "+search by tags."

Thank You, you solved my problem.  rather obtuse way to search for a tag though.  Since tags are for making things easier to find why is searching by tag hard to find?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mcirish3 said:

Thank You, you solved my problem.  rather obtuse way to search for a tag though.  Since tags are for making things easier to find why is searching by tag hard to find?

No idea.  It should be easier, though.  I also wish meta tags weren't removed.

59 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

On both, actually. Clicking the time of posting on a thread, when on the home screen or whatever it's called, goes to the last post.

Go to Kerbal Network, and look at this thread. You'll see the icon of the latest poster on the far right. Under that is the time of posting. Clicking on the time takes you to the latest post. Works on mobile and desktop (as far as I've tested).

I see what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed something here... the number of views doesn't seem to change for me. The little number under the thread title on the main subforum page. Is this normal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Noticed something here... the number of views doesn't seem to change for me. The little number under the thread title on the main subforum page. Is this normal?

On the old forums it would take a while to update, if it doesn't change in a day, it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist
Epic grammar fail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't noticed it change since the new forums came online. With the old one, it always updated right away. Just wondering if it's only me....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Noticed something here... the number of views doesn't seem to change for me. The little number under the thread title on the main subforum page. Is this normal?

Known issue, being investigated.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Known issue, being investigated.

Cool, thanx. All I needed to know. For now. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

I haven't noticed it change since the new forums came online. With the old one, it always updated right away. Just wondering if it's only me....

 

 

48 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Known issue, being investigated.

And here I just though my threads were on dull topics.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how to add purple tags to the beginning of a thread title. I can see one in mod releases along with grey ones below the title.

Also

How do I delete a double post?

Also

How do I disable avatars? I used to block obnoxious animated ones unfortunately ABP doesn't work for me globally any more after the forum change.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not 100% sure but pressing "return" right after some specific entry (entries list ?) appear to more or less activate some "preview/embed/else functionalities" instead of "textual link", you can backspace/after but pressing return once appear to be needed to activate the switch from text to preview/embed/else mode (video for example)

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cpt. Kipard said:

Does anyone know how to add purple tags to the beginning of a thread title. I can see one in mod releases along with grey ones below the title.

Also

How do I delete a double post?

Also

How do I disable avatars? I used to block obnoxious animated ones unfortunately ABP doesn't work for me globally any more after the forum change.

I think some tags will show automatically in purple?   Or you have a mod/admin to get those? 

I don't know how to delete a post, but if the replies have been merged you can just edit out the repeated bit.

Again, I'm sorry to say, I don't know.

 

Does anyone know how to add a poll to a already started thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

indeed am on mobile.

 

have found "things I follow" but it doesn't appear to have any threads other than this one. Do I have to re follow everything I followed before the change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I don't know how to delete a post, but if the replies have been merged you can just edit out the repeated bit.

I tried a simple double post to see if they merge and they didn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a demonstration of how they don't merge.

Also another question:

How do I view my post update history?

edit

Another question. How do I embed Sketchfab windows? My mod page is looking a little bare at the moment.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized: now there's nothing stopping secret rep rings from forming. After all, there's no limit on how many likes you can give to each user, so they can just like all of each other's posts until their reps have accumulated to immense proportions.

Or is there?

Also, I like how there's a "currently trending" thread on the forum index. It's like the "I'm Feeling Lucky" of the forums :P

Edited by longbyte1
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cpt. Kipard said:

Here's a demonstration of how they don't merge.

Also another question:

How do I view my post update history?

edit

Another question. How do I embed Sketchfab windows? My mod page is looking a little bare at the moment.

Not possible to view edit history.

And sketchfab windows seem to not be possible anymore, sorry.

Just now, longbyte1 said:

I just realized: now there's nothing stopping secret rep rings from forming. After all, there's no limit on how many likes you can give on each user, so they can just like all of each other's posts until their reps have accumulated to immense proportions.

Or is there?

25 replikes per day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cpt. Kipard said:

Here's a demonstration of how they don't merge.

Also another question:

How do I view my post update history?

edit

Another question. How do I embed Sketchfab windows? My mod page is looking a little bare at the moment.

Post merges/user deletion are being worked on by Kasper, last I heard.

You cannot view your post update history, same as the old forums.

SketchFab windows are also being worked on but I think that they will be quick as there is already a CKEditor plugin for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DuoDex said:

You cannot view your post update history, same as the old forums.

Whoa, whoa. You could view your post edit history in the old forums by clicking the little "edited" text at the bottom.

This new forum is a downgrade wherever you look.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm... i also miss the post # that was in the top right corner of each post... It was very handy for finding, and sharing important posts in mod Release threads...Especially those that were several hundred pages long...

Unless i am missing them somewhere, is there any way to add those back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Hmmm... i also miss the post # that was in the top right corner of each post... It was very handy for finding, and sharing important posts in mod Release threads...Especially those that were several hundred pages long...

Unless i am missing them somewhere, is there any way to add those back?

No need to add them back.  just click here: JnTucOm.png

And use this:  93a06N9.png

Edited by mcirish3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clicking on the post time also gives a direct link to the post.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

25 replikes per day.

25 likes a day for two weeks... well, you can do the math. But that works out to a lot of rep, especially if the receiving end has a lot of posts you can like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such things are much more easily detected now that it's easy to see who likes what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now