Science Data will not send

One of my favorite parts of KSP is the amazing online forums and community. I am so thankful for everyone on this forum; it makes the game so much more enjoyable. That said, I am having a problem that I can't find the answer to. I imagine it is because I can't seem to find the right way to search the problem.

When my science alerts sounds I hit the experiment button. The experiment works as usual but when I hit the transmit button it just resets the experiment. I can run the same experiment again and again without it showing I have already ran the experiment. Now if I just hit store data, I can then collect the data when I return home.

I have started a new game and science works fine. Then in my normal game, I make the same exact craft and the science won't work.  I have checked all mods to make sure they are up to date. I have also disabled remote tech and still the problem continues.

Thanks again everyone for these amazing forums. I can't wait until I have solved this problem so I can continue on my quest!

1 hour ago, rocketbuilder said:

Its not a bug with science alert. Its a stock "bug"/feature, and the way you overcome it is first keeping the data and then clicking on the antenna and clicking transmit it.

Strange it only happens with Science Alert installed. Also the updated dll for it resolves the issue.

It doesn't happen without Science Alert installed, and the updated dll resolves it.

6 hours ago, tim2015 said:

One of my favorite parts of KSP is the amazing online forums and community. I am so thankful for everyone on this forum; it makes the game so much more enjoyable. That said, I am having a problem that I can't find the answer to. I imagine it is because I can't seem to find the right way to search the problem.

When my science alerts sounds I hit the experiment button. The experiment works as usual but when I hit the transmit button it just resets the experiment. I can run the same experiment again and again without it showing I have already ran the experiment. Now if I just hit store data, I can then collect the data when I return home.

I have started a new game and science works fine. Then in my normal game, I make the same exact craft and the science won't work.  I have checked all mods to make sure they are up to date. I have also disabled remote tech and still the problem continues.

Thanks again everyone for these amazing forums. I can't wait until I have solved this problem so I can continue on my quest!

Are you using science alert mod? It's broken in 1.0.5. But someone has made a patch. If you go over to the thread you'll find it there.

woops, helps if you read the replies. Getting used to the new forum. How do you delete a post

Edited by JPLRepo

Thank you everyone for your help!!!!  I am running science alert, when I get home from work I will patch it. Rocketbuilder, I saw that work around on a forum but I couldn't get that to work.  I don't think I was doing it correctly. I will let you guys know how it goes.

On 12/2/2015, 12:52:27, rocketbuilder said:

Its not a bug with science alert. Its a stock "bug"/feature, and the way you overcome it is first keeping the data and then clicking on the antenna and clicking transmit it.

Using the antenna causes ALL science to be transmitted.  Many times, I do not want to transmit all science onboard, because:

1) I don't have enough electricity to download over 20 experiments;

2) I want to send only those experiments where transmission value is the same as recovery value.

Therefore, I want to select only specific experiments to transmit.

I'm using Science Alert; I'll remove it.  I already have Science Library, which is excellent.

Edited by Apollo13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.