Forgotten Space Program

Cydonian Monk

59 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

That bit of debris is demon-possesed. If it's not in a particular screenshot, it's because it's in the process of floating off to space. Weird docking port glitch that seems fixed as-of 1.1.x. It was used to deliver a fuel truck that's up at that station. 

Amazing that it comes back once it goes away.   That's a REAL ghost there.

Edited by Geschosskopf

54 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Amazing that it comes back once it goes away.   That's a REAL ghost there.

Yep. It's related to the bug I was having earlier with Kelgee, where random parts would lose physics and just drift away. That debris would drift into the sky, but its position in the persistence file never changed. 

Spooky action is spooky at any distance. 

Edited by Cydonian Monk

1 minute ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Yep. It's related to the bug I was having earlier with Kelgee, where random parts would lose physics and just drift away. That debris would drift into the sky, but its position in the persistence file never changed. 

Spooky action is spooky at any distance. 

This is kinda like how everything on the ground (especially if it has lander legs) slides these days even though showing zero velocity.

On June 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Wildcat111 said:

I like your story! 

Thank you.

On June 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Wildcat111 said:

Where did the rectangles come from in the first place?

Perhaps they were always there, and it's their absence that we're seeing just then?

Not the first time they've shown themselves in one of my mission reports....

20150525_ksp0144_feather03.jpg

Edited by Cydonian Monk

Hey there!

I'm a big fan of this mission report, and I have to say: Great job so far. Hope you get it working with 1.1.x soon.

Anyway, is there any chance you could post a stock version of the Titanium shuttle to KerbalX or something? I think it's really creative to mount an external tank on the nose (no asymmetric thrust).

Thanks again!

4 minutes ago, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

I'm a big fan of this mission report, and I have to say: Great job so far. 

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

Anyway, is there any chance you could post a stock version of the Titanium shuttle to KerbalX or something? I think it's really creative to mount an external tank on the nose (no asymmetric thrust).

Sure! It'll be this weekend sometime (maybe Friday), but I'll see what I can do. The craft is almost entirely stock already, so there shouldn't be many parts to remove. 

Besides, it needs updated to 1.1.x with bigger wheels and whatnot anyway. As it is I think the craft won't land without the landing gear exploding. 

Just now, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

Could you also include ascent / re-entry profiles? I suck at flying spaceplanes, especially on re-entry. :blush:

Sure. I usually put that in the craft notes, at least a basic description. Reentry is probably the toughest part of it, as that nose cockpit really wants to explode. 

An update on KSP v1.1.3: It works! Very little ultimately needed to be fixed, but I also did my usual thing of copying all craft and crew into a fresh save, so I didn't anticipate many issues. Kelgee loads without issue, and the Jool mission craft are all hunky-dory, minus anticipated stuff and things. Almost all of the mods I use are updated or working now, so we're pushing forward.

Does anyone have an idea as to why my EVA kerbals have suddenly turned into PacMan? They chomp their mouths at full open one frame, full closed the next. Looks exactly like (Mr/Ms) PacMan. I suspect mods, but have no idea where to start looking, or if this might even be a stock bug. Or if they just really like chomping pills and killing ghosts.....

If you're still having issues with the docking ports on Kelgee, I think Brotoro had a similar issue: http://www.mindspring.com/~sportrocketry/ksp/longtermlaythe32.html

Make a quick save and check what state the docking ports are labeled as. Idk if that's the problem or if you've tried it, but it could be a solution.

13 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Or if they just really like chomping pills and killing ghosts.....

This time, bugs didn't eat the Kerbals, Kerbals at the Kerbals :)

10 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Jool Hype Get!

That's a little more than Jool.  I reckon the dark, atmospheric thing on the left, which the Lost Sheep are apparently orbiting, is already Laythe.

Too bad they can't tell anybody about it.

1 hour ago, mattssheep4 said:

If you're still having issues with the docking ports on Kelgee, I think Brotoro had a similar issue: http://www.mindspring.com/~sportrocketry/ksp/longtermlaythe32.html

Oh, I've got a bit of that problem going too, though I've fixed some if it. More of it was also docking ports being docked to ships and ports that aren't what they're really docked to. I suspect some version around 0.24 or 0.90 was badly broken and the Kelgee mess is the result. 

56 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

That's a little more than Jool.  I reckon the dark, atmospheric thing on the left, which the Lost Sheep are apparently orbiting, is already Laythe.

Too bad they can't tell anybody about it.

Yeah, they're definitely either using Laythe for a gravity assist, or they're already orbiting it. @Cydonian Monk did the Jool crew have a plan of what order they would visit the moons in?

20 minutes ago, cubinator said:

@Cydonian Monk did the Jool crew have a plan of what order they would visit the moons in?

Laythe first, as the principal lander for Vall, Pol and Bop is the upper stage of the LDAV. After that probably Vall then whichever of the small moons they have enough fuel to reach. 

Just now, Cydonian Monk said:

Laythe first, as the principal lander for Vall, Pol and Bop is the upper stage of the LDAV. After that probably Vall then whichever of the small moons they have enough fuel to reach. 

That's what I thought. Will we get to see what they're up to at Jool in the next episode?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.