My Tornado collection.

Here is another update to my Tornado collection witch at the current moment has many aircrafts in it. tought it might be a good idea to do this now that all the old posts are a bit broken (download links and picks) due to the transition to the new format.

This time ill be showing off 5 of them: The Tornado1, 2,5, 5 and the X and hyper Tornados. The other ones being tornado inspired aircrafts.

At first the Tornado in my eyes was just another aircraft but as my love for Tails grew ever larger it became obvious that a kspfied version had to be created at some point.

All the Tornados fly really well except for the X-Tornado witch is currently broken cause of the B9 engines. All the bi-plane Tornados are very rugged and can survive very rough landings.

jnVki2N.png

So i ended up having a fight between the VAB and the Tornado and the Tornado won :D (crashed at a speed of 50-60 m/s).

The first one was the Tornado 2.5, my try at replicating the tornado 2 from Sonic-X. This version of the aircraft has been modified 4 times already to make it more accurate and better working.

The Tornado 2.5 is a very well flying aircraft that has rocketboosters for takeoff but is only a oneseater aircraft. It has a topspeed of about 130 m/s in low altitude.

The design is based on the Tornado 2 from Sonic-X. It looks pretty accurate but its not really a replica.

hiYyrnG.png

Next up we have the second one i created, The X-tornado. The X-Tornado had two version but i removed the old one cause the new one looks a lot better and more accurate.

The X-Tornado can fly at mach.1 in low altitude and is very manouverable but its not easy to fly so practice is needed. And as i said the X-Tornado is grounded for now since the B9 high vector jet engines where the thing that made the aircraft controllable, so until the next update comes i wont be flying it. The broblem being that the centre of mass is way back and the back end is made out of wings so it will want to point its nose up.Plus the lack of elevators isnt helping either.

aCq9ogM.png

Here we have the third one i made, The Hyper Tornado. It also has two version of it.

The Hyper Tornado can fly at speeds of around 230-250 m/s in low altitude. It is also very manouverable and probably the safest to fly overall (the biplanes want to flip over when braking and their propellors can hit the ground and the X-Tornado is just hard to fly).

The Hyper Tornado was really hard to replicate so it ends up looking a bit weird in some areas but all and all its pretty accurate but far from perfect.

gRSKSVj.png

Here we have my own custom designed Tornado, the Tornado 5. The idea was to create a modern looking bi-plane that would look like a blend between a jet and a bi-plane but would still blend in with the others.

Its safe to say that the Tornado 5 is my all time favourite aircraft in ksp cause of its looks and the way it flyes. It is the only version that has a transformed version of it, the first version of the transformed version was uncontrollable but the newer one actually flyes pretty well (doesnt have landing gears).

It has a top speed of about 140 m/s in low altitude and it also flyes really well.

zoNtiHW.png

And last but definetly not least we have the Tornado 1, my favourite of all the replika Tornados. It just had a massive overhaul to make it more accurate since the old version was more of a mix of the Sonic ova and Sonic-3 versions. Later on i wanted to make it look more like the Sonic ova version so i drew a picture of that version and used it as my reference for modding it. I personally like the Sonic ova version of the Tornado 1 more since its in more realistic proportions compared to real life designs.

I think its now very accurate but its still not perfect.

With a top speed of about 100 m/s its the slowest of the bunch even despite the jet booster under the fuselage. It flyes really well just like the other tornados.

deJWFDG.png

The Tornado is now pretty much the most important aircraft for me in ksp right now and is one of the main reasons that why i still play ksp. youknow, after over 700 hours you start to run out of original ideas and youll just end up copying old design with a couple of new parts a bit of a different look (has happened to me unfortunetly :().

And its the only reason that why i still use mods. Because i think that the stock build of ksp now has enough parts for my cargo/passenger aircraft needs.

I dont know if ill end up making anymore tornado replicas but i will try to make more custom Tornado designs, it just isnt very easy to make completely original desings. Its not too hard to design bi-planes but it difficult to make it look like it was designed By Tails himself.

And now on to other buisness. Here is the main reason i started making Tornado designs, the tails flag. I use this flag in pretty much everyone of my aircrafts these days. And yes i do love it very much :D.

The original pick from witch this one is made from is the Tails_sheet made By nintendrawer of deviantart.

http://nintendrawer.deviantart.com/art/tails-sheet-151285410

PWz9GtB.png

But anyway, there it is for you, the Tornado collection of mine. I hope you enjoy it :).

Me and Tails would like to wish you have fun flying :) and ofcource as Scott would say, fly safe :wink:.

aa9vbar.png

Mods used: B9, Firespitter, Prosedural wings, KAX and Flag Decals.

Download links:

Tornado 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ar9vph6g6xxs5ad/Tornado%201.craft?dl=0

Tornado 2.5: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gi3vk945pgw9fs/Tornado%202_5.craft?dl=0

Tornado 5: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8x15mhuc11tb74/Tornado%205.craft?dl=0

Tornado 5 transformed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqutm5q5696zaeo/Tornado%205%20%28transformed%29.craft?dl=0

X-Tornado: Broken, Sorry

Hyper tornado: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3zexewp5jcinxa/Hyper%20Tornado%20%28improved%29.craft?dl=0

Tails flag: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4cw2aidd3frw80/Tails%201.png?dl=0

On ‎5‎.‎12‎.‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎26‎:‎34, Bubbadevlin said:

Did you just say that you get bored of KSP?!?!?!?!?!?!? Well i guess i get it, but come on, there are almost an infinite amount of things you can do in this game, ESPECIALLY with mods :)

I still enjoy ksp as much as before, im just out of good ideas for what to do. I cant just go in and do something random anymore. and yes i know there are a million and one things to do in ksp.

• 4 months later...
On 30.4.2016 at 4:51 AM, Dobelong said:

e2crKdk.pngHere, Have an X Tornado. I saw that your old X-Tornado broke, so I thought I'd have a go at making one myself.:D

Nice :).

I actually fixed the X-tornado a long time ago (flies like a beauty now), but never remembered to update the post :blush:.

I also updated the Tornado-5 twice and redid my flags but 1.1 came the day after that and everything broke :(.

Once i get all the required mods back i will have to refurbish this entire post. Way, WAY too many typos and such.

And it's also way too all over the place.

On 30.4.2016 at 5:52 PM, Dobelong said:

P6vfapl.pngI figured that Tails usually makes aircraft that look a bit shorter and stubbier than the aircraft IRL, so I made this.

Yep, but that's because he is only 80 cm tall, so it is like trying to design an aircraft for a 10-8 year old using parts from real life bi-planes.

On 1.5.2016 at 7:56 PM, Dobelong said:

Do Tails and Sonic exist in your KSP universe? And do they fly the planes?

Sonic, no, i don't really even care for he's character too much.

But Tails, well......

IbHS233.jpg

Yep. Mister Miles Kerman is our main man test pilot and technical advisor.

I kinda wish i would be able to change the name of a Kerbal to that.

On 2.5.2016 at 0:00 AM, dholedays said:

Well that was unexpected. When I saw the thread title I was looking forwards to seeing a few of these:

maxresdefault.jpg

Well, i might make one of those for my RAF jet replica repository.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.