Posting images

Red Shirt

Every one else seems to understand how to post pics. I know the 'i' is for imgur pics, but when I click it, all I see is a box to write in. What do I put there? I've tried several combinations of the URL or only image file. I keep getting the Zonks you've taken a wrong turn imgur screen. Help?

Extra info in case I'm missing the obvious. Upload my image to imgur. Now I am at a screen with my pic and several share this image links. What do I use? I used to use the BBCode but I understand that is not a thing now. At the top of the browser is http://imgur.com/nhwABow 

You mean like this?

nhwABow.jpg

I first right clicked the image in your imgur  album to copy the image location. Then on the forum I clicked the [Insert other media] button on the bottom right followed by [Insert image from URL]. There I pasted the copied image location.

Incredibly overcomplicated if you'd ask me. The old vBulletin was a lot friendlier and easier to use.

Paste the image url (the link ending with .png, .jpg or whatever your image format is) and press enter.

The "i" button is only for Imgur albums. Click on it and paste your album id (not the full link) to insert an album.

Edited by Gaarst

13 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Paste the image url (the link ending with .png, .jpg or whatever your image format is) and press enter.

The "i" button is only for Imgur albums. Click on it and paste your album id (not the full link) to insert an album.

You say simply pasting the image location URL will work too? Lets give it a try.

nhwABow.jpg

Edit: WTF? That actually works. Too bad. It forces you to post the image, you can no longer just post the URL if you want to.

Edited by Tex_NL

I tried this elsewhere and got only the URL link. Let's try again:

nhwABow.jpg

Well, don't know whether to say hoorah, or well crap, I'm an idiot. Looks like I was too impatient and should have waited a little longer. Thanks for the help all.

• 5 months later...
On 12/4/2015 at 2:25 PM, Tex_NL said:

It forces you to post the image, you can no longer just post the URL if you want to.

You can use the insert link function for that:

http://i.imgur.com/nhwABow.jpg

2 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

Where is this album id?

It's the five character code in the URL of an album. E.g:

http://imgur.com/a/MHPJL#0 <--- The code for this one is :MHPJL". If I embed it it becomes this:

After you paste the link, be sure you hit <ENTER> to activate the graphic link. Otherwise, you will simply get the link displayed as text.

My question is: Can there be any way to resize the IMGUR photo album, as is there a way to make it smaller?

The reason I ask is that it would save forum space by allowing a smaller main image for the albums. If someone wanted to view the full-size image, all they would have to do is to click on the image, as you currently can do. Anyhow, just an idea...

• 2 months later...

You'll have to upload it to an image host, most people use Imgur for that purpose: www.imgur.com. Once you do that, simply click the "insert other media" button in the editor and click "insert imagine from URL"

• 10 months later...
Just now, SiriusRocketry said:

what about non-imgur photos, like screenshots?

You'll have to upload it to a third-party site, first. The forums are neither set up to handle, nor can they handle hosting files for so many different users.

Also, thread locked, as there is more current information about this as well.