Say Hello to The Rep Grand Group! [07/19/16 UPDATE!]

Endersmens

1 hour ago, John FX said:

so.... close.... only..... need... one... more... rep.....

EDIT : Finally back in to the higher rep group again, thank you columbia (and the other 999 people)

Here, have a point... :D

But my rep is now over 1300.  I've gone up 1000 in under 3 months... and I guess the list missed me again...

The list does not love me....  ;.;

19 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

But my rep is now over 1300.  I've gone up 1000 in under 3 months... and I guess the list missed me again...

It's ok - the thread boss is just behind because of his pursuit of education and other things... ;) I am sure he will add you before I hit 1K!

30 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

It's ok - the thread boss is just behind because of his pursuit of education and other things... ;) I am sure he will add you before I hit 1K!

hehehe... I'm just picking because the boss said something about doing it last week.... :sticktongue:

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Thanks for the point. ;) It really seems like rep these days is a lot easier to get than it used to be. I guess people are just more familiar with clicking on a button that says `like` than a little star that did not really have an obvious use.

Edited by John FX

11 minutes ago, John FX said:

Thanks for the point. ;) It really seems like rep these days is a lot easier to get than it used to be. I guess people are just more familiar with clicking on a button that says `like` than a little star that did not really have an obvious use.

IDK... in my case I think it's from the fan-fiction project I'm doing.  I was only at around 300 points when I started it a couple months ago, then my rep points began to fly up as people started reading and liking it.  I'm really honored and blown away how many likes it's generated.

Edited by Just Jim

10 minutes ago, John FX said:

It really seems like rep these days is a lot easier to get than it used to be.

Definitely, which I think makes up for the fact that it's got roughly 1/5 of the power it used to have. The amount of rep I've gotten since the forum change would have nearly gotten me into the LGG from zero on the old forum. Now I just need 15 more to get onto here!

Just now, Just Jim said:

IDK... in my case I think it's from the fan-fiction project I'm doing.  I was only at around 300 points when I started it a couple months ago, then it began to fly up as people started reading and liking it.  I'm really honored and blown away how many likes it's generated.

Yup that will do it too. Glad for you that people like it, it`s always nice when effort is recognised.

On 23/02/2016 at 9:43 PM, Endersmens said:

Oh no! The program seems to have stopped working. It gets through the list, but doesn't output it. Which means I get no list. ;.; I will consult with @magico13 and try to have it fixed as soon as I can!

Egad!

I just thought, is there a way for a user to list all members and sort them by things like rep like we could before?

I used to like checking that list every now and then.

15 minutes ago, John FX said:

Egad!

I just thought, is there a way for a user to list all members and sort them by things like rep like we could before?

I used to like checking that list every now and then.

There is: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/search/

Go to member search, then do a search and sort by reputation. Unfortunately you can't go to a second page until after a number of seconds so it's a bit slow (thankfully the updater doesn't have to obey that requirement for some reason).

36 minutes ago, magico13 said:

There is: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/search/

Go to member search, then do a search and sort by reputation. Unfortunately you can't go to a second page until after a number of seconds so it's a bit slow (thankfully the updater doesn't have to obey that requirement for some reason).

Thank you muchly.

I just tipped over the 1000 rep mark too, once the list generator is back to generating. I was in the light green group back in the day, so there might be some text for me kicking around already.

4 hours ago, KSK said:

I just tipped over the 1000 rep mark too, once the list generator is back to generating. I was in the light green group back in the day, so there might be some text for me kicking around already.

There most certainly is. :) @magico13 made a new version of the list generator, written it in python this time, both of ours native language. So now things should be smoother, I'll see about updating tonight. :) 

Edited by Endersmens

Mister Speaker, Mister Speaker! I rise today to observe that @Starhawk has just recently qualified to join this august body. And here it is, only March!

Starhawk takes the time to welcome new members to the Forum, provides valuable advice in the Gameplay Questions section, and is certainly one of the nicest and most observant readers this member has ever had. In addition Starhawk is now publishing his own ongoing report of a space agency dedicating not just to leave none of their own Kerbals behind, but to rescue any and all kerbonauts from any agency wherever they may be randomly stranded!

I rise today because Starhawk spends his time and his posts making the Forum a better place in ways that do not tend to accumulate a lot of rep. People who post gameplay questions rarely thank the kerbs who answer them. The newbies Starhawk welcomes don't even know where the button is yet. And so I have been watching his rep count for quite some time, contributing to it whenever and wherever I can, and I am very happy to see it finally turn over to that coveted fourth digit. 

Mister Speaker, I hope that from the above and from your own thoughts you will be able to construct a fitting narrative for this new member. I yield the remainder of my time.

Edited by Kuzzter

Well that's the nicest, kindest introduction a person could hope for.

It has been a great privilege to interact with so many intelligent, curious, friendly and helpful people.  This community, warts and all, is a vastly better place than any I'd found or thought I'd ever find on the internet.

I believe that the forum has a great deal of value for many who frequent it and strive to make it a better place in my own little way.

Thanks to everybody, and, of course,...

Happy landings!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.