Say Hello to The Rep Grand Group! [07/19/16 UPDATE!]

Endersmens

8 hours ago, Endersmens said:

For the sake of the thread, could you guys please only use it to congratulate those who join or those on their way? 

Thanks. :) 

Yes. I don't think anyone wants this, of all threads, to be locked.

23 hours ago, DMSP said:

@Endersmens, I'm curious about the descriptions, do you add them? I'm betting that's it but I'm still not sure.

Yes, I add the descriptions. Some of them are left over from way back when @UpsilonAerospace handled this thread, but I would say about half of them are my responsibility. In fact, let me describe how a typical description comes about.

First, I have to find the member on the forums and go to their profile. If I know the member well, I can usually skip this step, but most of the time I have to. I like the description to include either a trait of the user or an accomplishment. Which means I typically go to where i can see all topics started by the user, and look for popular ones. Mods, Craft, Stories, anything that took work and people enjoyed. I select one to recognize and then create a link to it, and attempt to make a nice little description including the accomplishment. Rinse and repeat for every new member. :) 

On 8/20/2016 at 4:10 PM, pandaman said:

That's sort of like an obituary then.:D

Ahhh!

On 8/20/2016 at 7:52 PM, Andem said:

Well, that's certainly a morbid way of looking at it... :sealed:

Yes!

Mine would probably be:

"DMSP was a person who did stuff on the forums. Not much tho. Why did he even get so many likes?"

So guys, my new computer is posing problems. I'm using the drive from my old laptop as a secondary drive which causes all kinds of problems. I have some programs figured out but some I can't seem to get working. Python is one of those, which is what the program is based in. As soon as I can figure out this mess and get python working the list will be insta-updated.

Just now, Endersmens said:

So guys, my new computer is posing problems. I'm using the drive from my old laptop as a secondary drive which causes all kinds of problems. I have some programs figured out but some I can't seem to get working. Python is one of those, which is what the program is based in. As soon as I can figure out this mess and get python working the list will be insta-updated.

Take your time to do it right :)

Guys, trust me here. It's not the amount of rep you have that makes you a valuable member of this community, it's the contributions you make. I understand that rep makes it easy to quantify, but it's really not a true representation of how much you've put into the community- @Flymetothemun, for example, only had about 3-400 rep, but almost everyone know that when he posted, it was important to him.

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

Guys, trust me here. It's not the amount of rep you have that makes you a valuable member of this community, it's the contributions you make. I understand that rep makes it easy to quantify, but it's really not a true representation of how much you've put into the community- @Flymetothemun, for example, only had about 3-400 rep, but almost everyone know that when he posted, it was important to him.

Well said.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.