Say Hello to The Rep Grand Group! [07/19/16 UPDATE!]

Endersmens

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

I'd rather a rewritten program if I must

Alright, no worries. Just wanted to make sure you weren't going to try to do it by hand. Profile links are already a thing in the existing tool. We had considered avatars but decided against it. Hadn't talked about post count at all previously. I look forward to seeing the end result :) 

1 minute ago, magico13 said:

Alright, no worries. Just wanted to make sure you weren't going to try to do it by hand. Profile links are already a thing in the existing tool. We had considered avatars but decided against it. Hadn't talked about post count at all previously. I look forward to seeing the end result :) 

(ps- I lack any coding proficiency whatsoever :/ )

So if this won't be done by hand, then...

On 2017-04-08 at 9:20 PM, GDJ said:

Soon.....very soon......&)

And it's done.

Now that minor accomplishment is complete, I now attend pressing matters......

Edited by GDJ

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Woohoo! I've reached that magical mark of being at (hopefully soon to be over) a 1:1 rep/post ratio, while being firmly into the Rep Grand Group (at this rate it shouldn't be too long until the Rep 2K Group)!

I WILL DESTROY YOUR HARMONY 

It's only been a few months since joining the 1k rep group and I've already surpassed 1.6k. The rate of rep increase is truly astounding - and makes sorting through notifications quite a hassle (I'm looking at you, new red dwarf planet candidate). Who knows how long till 2k?

21 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

It's only been a few months since joining the 1k rep group and I've already surpassed 1.6k. The rate of rep increase is truly astounding - and makes sorting through notifications quite a hassle (I'm looking at you, new red dwarf planet candidate). Who knows how long till 2k?

Yeah. There's a bit of bias towards who are given rep. Lower post count and repped members take longer to earn rep as does someone like you and me. I wish it wasn't the case and the bias was towards lower members instead who deserve it more but alas, there is nothing I can do.

381 rep to go. Time for another time capsule!

I have finally, after 3 years, manually docked a LEM and a CSM in Müner orbit. 

I am still working on how to manually transfer to other planets.

I have not yet made a successful airliner, but working hard. 

In real life, I'm working on designing a 3D printed KSP thingy. (TOP SECRET CURRENTLY) 

I also just started playing War Thunder. :)

And I'm trying to get my stories off the ground on Wattpad and the Forums. 

Almost there!

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

On 5/9/2017 at 4:05 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

Yeah. There's a bit of bias towards who are given rep. Lower post count and repped members take longer to earn rep as does someone like you and me. I wish it wasn't the case and the bias was towards lower members instead who deserve it more but alas, there is nothing I can do.

There are things everyone can do - it's called encouraging the newer members to become more active in the forum. With the tagging system offered by this new forum software, you can literally invite anyone to any conversation on the forum with a simple "@" in front of their name, such as @Lo Var Lachland (as an example). Follow newbies for a while, like the posts where they make you either laugh or ponder at what they've said. That's how you help a newbie not only become a part of the community, but it is also how you can help them gain reputation.

And you can gain rep yourself by also posting meaningful content on the forum. Quit trying to be other people and just be yourself. There are probably more things I could do on the forum and I choose not to - I simply do what I enjoy doing, such as making graphics for folks, writing my fan-fic story, and sharing my love of history with folks when there's an opportunity to. And then there are those conversations I also enjoy where I;m pretty close to walking the line with the forum 2.2 rule (looks over at @Vanamonde and @Red Iron Crown sheepishly) when it comes to conversations of a political nature.  But hey, I enjoy being me, for all the aches, pains, scars, and silliness that I am. For those of us over forty, some of the greatest advice you can take comes from a song: "Well, it's alright now. I've learned my lessons well. See, if you can't please everyone, then you gotta please yourself.." In case you're unfamilair with where this comes from...here ya' go:

Spoiler

Quit stressing about rep. Have fun, enjoy the walk. For we only travel in this moment one time and then it's gone.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been in the club for a while now, but i never noticed how close i was to 2k rep! Neither did i think myself of as a biggie.

44 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

I am in! I DID IT! YES I CAN

YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH

Congrats my dude! Achievment unlocked!

Btw im actually trying to reach 1k content count. Sadly the lounge does bit count content, but i dont mind.

22 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

78 Rep...*sigh* By the time I get to the RGG, the forum will have updated again.:(

Don't worry - just be active and post high quality posts, and you'll have lots of rep!

18 hours ago, qzgy said:

Don't worry - just be active and post high quality posts, and you'll have lots of rep!

PDKQZ62.png?1

Shouldn't be too hard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>(look down)

Edited by DeltaDizzy

What's everyone's thoughts if a new group was to be made, the 2,000 Rep Grand group to replace this one (until @Endersmens gets back and either takes it back up or hands it off officially). It's just that this list is somewhat outdated and I don't want to simply recreate a new thread in the event he wants to take this back up.

So, would others like it if I made a 2,000 rep Grand Group? I'd manage it myself and all... so let me know what everyone here thinks.

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

What's everyone's thoughts if a new group was to be made, the 2,000 Rep Grand group to replace this one (until @Endersmens gets back and either takes it back up or hands it off officially). It's just that this list is somewhat outdated and I don't want to simply recreate a new thread in the event he wants to take this back up.

So, would others like it if I made a 2,000 rep Grand Group? I'd manage it myself and all... so let me know what everyone here thinks.

The growth of the community has diminished the value of this milestone.  Maybe 2 grand would bring more meaning back to the group. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.