Say Hello to The Rep Grand Group! [07/19/16 UPDATE!]

Endersmens

4 hours ago, KSK said:

I get rep for four thousand carefully crafted words written over the course of several weeks. I get more rep for a one-liner that happens to tickle enough funny-bones or for half a paragraph of opinion that happens to gibe with other people's thoughts.

For sure it's nice to be popular for whatever reason and I don't wish to detract from the high net rep individuals out there but, given that there are so many possible reasons for awarding rep, it seems odd to get hung up on it as a way of keeping score or as an achievement in its own right.

And ironically enough, you got rep for that too. :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

And ironically enough, you got rep for that too. :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

as did you fine sir

35 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Thus demonstrating the problem, lol. 

wait... I'm confused..

Are you saying we get rep for just responding to someone?

47 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

wait... I'm confused..

More or less. :/

Depends on the thread, but as was said, the rep system is a bit too generous now. And I say this as an admitted rep wh-- um, collector. :D

So then all too often I feel guilty if I don't re-rep someone who's repped me, or bothered to reply to me in the first place, or... well, you get the idea. :blush:

And then there's the SpaceX thread, where every time there's a launch the rep is flying around in great buzzing clouds like wasps at LZ-1. 

6 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

I'm very close to 1k. Will probably hit it within the next few days hours.

Also, my friend ProtoJeb21 isn't on there and he has over 1798 rep....

Must... not... give... rep... for... no... good... reason.... arrgh!!... Can't... resist... Resistance... is... futile....

That'lll... leave... you... with... one... more... to... go...!

On 6/9/2017 at 9:28 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

More or less. :/

Depends on the thread, but as was said, the rep system is a bit too generous now. And I say this as an admitted rep wh-- um, collector. :D

So then all too often I feel guilty if I don't re-rep someone who's repped me, or bothered to reply to me in the first place, or... well, you get the idea. :blush:

And then there's the SpaceX thread, where every time there's a launch the rep is flying around in great buzzing clouds like wasps at LZ-1. 

Jobs had his Reality Distortion Field, Musk has an +5 Iridescent Cloud of Pure Rep Creation.

"Fans create it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. You must feel the Rep around you; here, between you, me, space, the rocket, everywhere, yes. Powers his rockets it does, makes them fly straight it does."

– DefinitelyNotYoda.

20 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

I'm very close to 1k. Will probably hit it within the next few days hours.

Also, my friend ProtoJeb21 isn't on there and he has over 1798 rep....

Annnd now you're here. Welcome to 1k rep!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Apparently rep is like a pet. You care for it by making posts, interacting, discussing stuff (without trying to annoy the moderators too much) etc. and leave it to sit. Before you know it, 1000 rep is a thing.

I honestly don't know how I got here.

Almost 700 rep for me. COME ON!!!!!!

On 6/9/2017 at 3:37 PM, Just Jim said:

wait... I'm confused..

Yeah. You didn't know how it works? Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE... Likes your post. Watch. It will happen to this post too. (I hope.)

On 6/27/2017 at 2:37 AM, qzgy said:

Hi. Apparently rep is like a pet. You care for it by making posts, interacting, discussing stuff (without trying to annoy the moderators too much) etc. and leave it to sit. Before you know it, 1000 rep is a thing.

That is the comment of the year. 

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2017 at 2:37 AM, qzgy said:

Find some threads with polarizing conflict (hint: "mechjeb," "console," "take two" and "making history" are excellent places to start your search, but don't let that limit your imagination), don your flame-repellent suit and jump in feet first, screaming "Lllleerrrrroooy Jjjjjeeenkins!"

I'm not saying that it's a conscious strategy I'm following, and don't let all what I'm writing fool you into thinking I'm after a high rep count, but I can tell you that it certainly works.

And now it's time to post in some other threads.

* Yells "to the troll cave" *

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.