Endersmens

Say Hello to The Rep Grand Group! [07/19/16 UPDATE!]

712 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, KSK said:

I get rep for four thousand carefully crafted words written over the course of several weeks. I get more rep for a one-liner that happens to tickle enough funny-bones or for half a paragraph of opinion that happens to gibe with other people's thoughts.

For sure it's nice to be popular for whatever reason and I don't wish to detract from the high net rep individuals out there but, given that there are so many possible reasons for awarding rep, it seems odd to get hung up on it as a way of keeping score or as an achievement in its own right.

And ironically enough, you got rep for that too. :rolleyes:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

And ironically enough, you got rep for that too. :rolleyes:

as did you fine sir

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

as did you fine sir

Thus demonstrating the problem, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

And ironically enough, you got rep for that too. :rolleyes:

 

42 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

as did you fine sir

 

35 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Thus demonstrating the problem, lol. 

wait... I'm confused..

Are you saying we get rep for just responding to someone?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

 

 

wait... I'm confused..

Are you saying we get rep for just responding to someone?

*likes post*

Evidently, this seems to be the case.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

 

 

wait... I'm confused..

Are you saying we get rep for just responding to someone?

More or less. :/

Depends on the thread, but as was said, the rep system is a bit too generous now. And I say this as an admitted rep wh-- um, collector. :D

So then all too often I feel guilty if I don't re-rep someone who's repped me, or bothered to reply to me in the first place, or... well, you get the idea. :blush:

And then there's the SpaceX thread, where every time there's a launch the rep is flying around in great buzzing clouds like wasps at LZ-1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm very close to 1k. Will probably hit it within the next few days hours.

Also, my friend ProtoJeb21 isn't on there and he has over 1798 rep....

Edited by _Augustus_
7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick! Like @_Augustus_!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

I'm very close to 1k. Will probably hit it within the next few days hours.

Also, my friend ProtoJeb21 isn't on there and he has over 1798 rep....

Must... not... give... rep... for... no... good... reason.... arrgh!!... Can't... resist... Resistance... is... futile....

That'lll... leave... you... with... one... more... to... go...!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please do not turn this into a rep-spamming thread.

 

On that note, congratulations, @_Augustus_!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2017 at 9:28 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

More or less. :/

Depends on the thread, but as was said, the rep system is a bit too generous now. And I say this as an admitted rep wh-- um, collector. :D

So then all too often I feel guilty if I don't re-rep someone who's repped me, or bothered to reply to me in the first place, or... well, you get the idea. :blush:

And then there's the SpaceX thread, where every time there's a launch the rep is flying around in great buzzing clouds like wasps at LZ-1. 

Jobs had his Reality Distortion Field, Musk has an +5 Iridescent Cloud of Pure Rep Creation.

"Fans create it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. You must feel the Rep around you; here, between you, me, space, the rocket, everywhere, yes. Powers his rockets it does, makes them fly straight it does."

– DefinitelyNotYoda.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

I'm very close to 1k. Will probably hit it within the next few days hours.

Also, my friend ProtoJeb21 isn't on there and he has over 1798 rep....

Annnd now you're here. Welcome to 1k rep!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now