Say Hello to The Rep Grand Group! [07/19/16 UPDATE!]

Endersmens

On 3 April 2016 at 2:22 PM, kiwi1960 said:

Yet another thread to make some of us look...... simple?

(sniff) I suggest we common as muck types start our own thread..... you know... like...

"Wow, Fred, you have TEN rep points, you're a freaking legend son...."

"yeah, I know... took me ages to get it too!"

:)

One day.... we will take over... the grand plus group will be the first to face the wall.

Maybe a reputation milestone thread?

8 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

The list could also be considered a public service for anyone who might look at a fellow forum-goer and ask, "why does this clown have more rep than me?" Often the answer can be found in @Endersmens description. ;) 

You can talk :) you are a the very top, I believe.

8 hours ago, max_creative said:

Everyone here have some rep for no particular reason!

Huh? 

2 hours ago, RA3236 said:

<QUOTES MAX_CREATIVE>

Huh? 

I think what @max_creative might mean is that this appears to be a "replike" fishing thread where people give each other internet points for no apparent reason. I appreciate that it wasn't the intention of the thread, but it's hard to deny that it is happening when you see someone post "I only need x number of likes to reach x number of likes", and you can see in the new forum software how many people have clicked the "like" button for that post.

Of course it doesn't really matter. We all know that @Kuzzter has already won the internet.

4 hours ago, Deddly said:

I think what @max_creative might mean is that this appears to be a "replike" fishing thread where people give each other internet points for no apparent reason. I appreciate that it wasn't the intention of the thread, but it's hard to deny that it is happening when you see someone post "I only need x number of likes to reach x number of likes", and you can see in the new forum software how many people have clicked the "like" button for that post.

Of course it doesn't really matter. We all know that @Kuzzter has already won the internet.

It`s so not a rep fishing thread...

I think there are better things to do than hunting reputation points... or showing off about how many you have (not saying this thread is one) ...

Sure, Awhile back, I did ask for them and got told off... since between then and now.. I have figured out that there is actually no point to reputation points...

The world hasn't become peaceful, or well fed.... or happier even... so... what is the point?

The only point I can see in a thread like this is HAVING SOME FUN... which is what I did. I suggest we all do that and stop nit picking.

Just now, Endersmens said:

Gah! Sorry @regex, I meant to do that as well. I'll go ahead and remove you manually from the list now, You should already be off the program list as well. :) 

Appreciate it and no worries, figured it just got missed. :)

Just now, regex said:

Please remove me from the list and blacklist me in the script.  Majorjim can have my spot.  Thanks.

Why do you want to be removed from the list Regex? I don't care about how high my rep is. I got 99% of it for the craft I make, which make me very happy to build. That is what matters to me, building. If someone wants to put me on a list I have no issues with that at all. I never ask for rep. Ever.

3 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

Why do you want to be removed from the list Regex?

I get to know people by interacting with them on the forums, this list muddies that.  I'd prefer people to form their own opinion about me rather than have a list that gives a little soundbite based on someone else's opinion of me.

If you like the list, great, and I don't have any particular gripe against it existing in the first place, I just don't want to be a part of it and won't use it.

Just now, regex said:

I get to know people by interacting with them on the forums, this list muddies that.  I'd prefer people to form their own opinion about me rather than have a list that gives a little soundbite based on someone else's opinion of me.

If you like the list, great, and I don't have any particular gripe against it existing in the first place, I just don't want to be a part of it and won't use it.

I have no feelings about it one way or the other. You don't have to 'take part' in any way. I see it as a link to the posts that user has made. Other users can infer what ever they like from the list. Their view is simply a reflection of themselves.

10 minutes ago, regex said:

I'd prefer people to form their own opinion about me rather than have a list that gives a little soundbite based on someone else's opinion of me.

"Beloved grumpy old spacehipie", that's mine.

5 minutes ago, monstah said:

"Beloved grumpy old spacehipie", that's mine.

D'aaaaaaaaawwww, I like you too, "eminently reasonable arguer".

Edited by regex

20 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

I am within 5%!

Please do not turn this into a rep-sharing thread. If you find something I did/said which you like, rep that. This post is off-limits, though.

Well said.

I see you trying to rep this...

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Dman979 said:

@Endersmens:

I would like to announce that @CliftonM is the newest member of the Rep Grand Group. Congratulations, Clifton!

Thanks!  I was just going to thank you for that like!  I'm truly stunned right now because I only started becoming active in July of last year, and now I've just gotten my 1000th rep point.  I'd just like to thank everyone here on the forums for being such a great community.

Dman, I'm sorry, but I'm past my 25 like limit for today, because in a few likes, you'll be part of the group, too!

Ruh roh raggy!

Run into serious issues with the program. Instead of spitting out just profile names, it spat out the whole link address to the user. :/ Will get in contract with @magico13 ASAP to get this issue fixed. Hold in their new members!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.