What mods support Community Tech Tree?

Windspren

You can't find such a list on the main thread because there is no such list. And beyond checking every single mod in existance, there's no way to compile such a list, either.

CTT does not work like other tech trees, where a single person developes a node layout and curates what mods go where. Much rather CTT is nothing but a node framework. It doesn't define anything at all about what goes where. Instead, any modmaker is free to include a config file with their mod that lets the parts in it take advantage of the standardized CTT framework. But if they don't, there is no problem. The only mods incompatible with CTT are other tech trees. Everything else just works like it has always worked, and ignores CTT's presence completely.

Because of this, nobody knows all of the mods decided to add support, because at any given time, any given modmaker could decide to add or drop support, without making this public outside of their own mod thread.

Edited by Streetwind

13 hours ago, Streetwind said:

You can't find such a list on the main thread because there is no such list. And beyond checking every single mod in existance, there's no way to compile such a list, either.

CTT does not work like other tech trees, where a single person developes a node layout and curates what mods go where. Much rather CTT is nothing but a node framework. It doesn't define anything at all about what goes where. Instead, any modmaker is free to include a config file with their mod that lets the parts in it take advantage of the standardized CTT framework. But if they don't, there is no problem. The only mods incompatible with CTT are other tech trees. Everything else just works like it has always worked, and ignores CTT's presence completely.

Because of this, nobody knows all of the mods decided to add support, because at any given time, any given modmaker could decide to add or drop support, without making this public outside of their own mod thread.

So if I download a mod that doesn't "support" CTT, the mod parts will still show up in the Tech Tree? Also, with 1.0's new Tech Tree system, will nodes with no parts in them (like KSPI nodes) still show up and cost science, or will they not be on the Tech Tree?

4 hours ago, Laythe Dweller said:

So if I download a mod that doesn't "support" CTT, the mod parts will still show up in the Tech Tree? Also, with 1.0's new Tech Tree system, will nodes with no parts in them (like KSPI nodes) still show up and cost science, or will they not be on the Tech Tree?

Both are correct. Trying to hide empty ndoes still works, but it will not hide the connecting arrows, so it looks weird. And there's also the issue with some mods populating only later nodes, and there's no way to detect whether a path to those nodes is hidden or not. That's why it was decided to not hide the nodes at all.

• 4 months later...

Hi all! I know this is an old topic, but it matches perfectly what I wanted to ask:

So if I understand this all : Using the CTT will never cause any parts from any mod to not appear usable in my game after unlocking the whole tree? Just to be 100% sure

Edit: Ok don't mind me, if I ever learn how to read properly .. 

Edited by Arduin
fixed derp

That is correct. They either appear in CTT nodes if they are patched to do so, or they appear in stock nodes. If a part doesn't appear in either, then it is a problem with the part itself (likely because the stock tech tree renamed a node or two in v1.0, and the part wasn't updated).

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.