[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

Hi guys, I have problem with this mod or rather it's older version but I can't find formu thread for it.

I've reinstalled my KSP 1.1.3 with all the mods I had and Editor Extensions is not working (I can't get n-symetry,etc I used to have). I've noticed that this version might not work with 1.1.3 so I've downloaded EEX 3.2.14 from spacedock but still no joy. Am I missing something? I had no time to read all 28 pages of this thread sadly so forgive me if it's there but I don't know it.

EDIT: I've found solution - on EEX github there is 1.1.3 branch and it worked :)

Edited by przybysz86

New release, 3.3.12:

• Fixed issue where changing the Reroot setting in the settings window wasn't toggling the internal reroot flag
  • Changed SelectRoot code from being a separate MonoBehaviour to being a part of the EditorExtensions class
  • Updated buildRelease to use local GameData directory for release

4 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

Hi guys, I have problem with this mod or rather it's older version but I can't find formu thread for it.

I've reinstalled my KSP 1.1.3 with all the mods I had and Editor Extensions is not working (I can't get n-symetry,etc I used to have). I've noticed that this version might not work with 1.1.3 so I've downloaded EEX 3.2.14 from spacedock but still no joy. Am I missing something? I had no time to read all 28 pages of this thread sadly so forgive me if it's there but I don't know it.

EDIT: I've found solution - on EEX github there is 1.1.3 branch and it worked :)

Glad you found the solution.

Just so you know, this mod has certain dependencies on the specific KSP version, and checks when starting.  The current version is always for the current version of KSP.  Some versions are able to be used on slightly different versions of KSP (ie: 1.2.0, 1.2.1, 1.2.2), but again, it needs to be compiled for that version, and there is no compatibility between major KSP versions

Is there a way to apply symmetry to a part without picking it up? For instance I take alot of time fine tuning something on one side of my plane only to see I failed to hit 2x sym. Instead of having to pick up my part and more or less ruin my precise placement id be nice to have some sort of mirror copy button.

16 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Is there a way to apply symmetry to a part without picking it up? For instance I take alot of time fine tuning something on one side of my plane only to see I failed to hit 2x sym. Instead of having to pick up my part and more or less ruin my precise placement id be nice to have some sort of mirror copy button.

Not really, that would involve getting much deeper into the editor than EEX gets.

• 1 month later...

By default the EEX menu pops up where the button in stock toolbar is - and it's click-through-able ...

This is a bummer because the menu is not moveable AND in front of my vessel...

Edit:

I just recognized that the reroot functionality is reverted to stock behaviour after I went back to VAB from flight.
I had to toggle it off, save and toggle it on and save again to get it back.

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...

i mentioned this before but I think it was before you took over this mod...    but I would like an option to snap not just to center like we have now but an option to snap the part or group of parts to the craft at their center of mass.  Both for wet and dry mass.  the idea being if I create a booster stage, be it a single part or a group of parts, I would like to snap it to the decoupler at the dry COM so the ejection does not induce and torque on the stage as it is ejected.  but maybe wet mas would be useful as well so both would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI Editor extensions appears to break the way the new struts/fuel lines gizmo. It causes the entire part (both ends and the middle connector) to gizmo together, instead of being able to gizmo each end individually, and the middle connector to re-draw between them.

44 minutes ago, Yargnit said:

FYI Editor extensions appears to break the way the new struts/fuel lines gizmo. It causes the entire part (both ends and the middle connector) to gizmo together, instead of being able to gizmo each end individually, and the middle connector to re-draw between them.

Not sure what you mean.  Video please

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Here you go; 

You can see how it's supposed to work on both ends when I move the right side (the side I placed 1st) at the beginning. Then you see what happens when I try to move the left side. The left side can't properly have movement enabled. Rotate works fine, but not translate. If I uninstall EE it works fine. There's no null refs or anything in the log.

Edited by Yargnit

3.3.13 seems to get picked up by ckan on 1.2.x installs and seems to break backwards compat and presumably only works on 1.3.x

might be useful to update ckan to make it 1.3.x only

[ERR 18:36:35.588] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'EditorExtensionsRedux': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EditorExtensionsRedux.EditorExtensions' from assembly 'EditorExtensionsRedux, Version=3.3.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PartMovement' from assembly 'EditorExtensionsRedux, Version=3.3.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'axis' from assembly 'EditorExtensionsRedux, Version=3.3.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CleanupFn' from assembly 'EditorExtensionsRedux, Version=3.3.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass124_0' from assembly 'EditorExtensionsRedux, Version=3.3.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass124_1' from assembly 'EditorExtensionsRedux, Version=3.3.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'EditorExtensionsRedux, Version=3.3.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass125_0' from assembly 'EditorExtensionsRedux, Version=3.3.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

i think that's the relevant logbarf.

i don't super care enough about it to do the legwork myself, and this problem clearly goes away as 1.3.x gets adopted, so mostly just leaving this here if anyone else hits the same issue.

I'm still running 1.2.2 since I can't get my game to stop crashing (due to a variety of mods) but since the 3.3.13 update, it seems I don't even get the toolbar button in VAB or SPH anymore. It also shows the stock symmetry controls instead on the numbers, etc.

I've tried re-downloading and also via CKAN. Apologies, I'm not that familiar with log files or GitHub or stuff like that. I'm hoping there's a way to get a version that is known to work with 1.2.2? or is it only the version that works with 1.3?

Thanks!

Edited by scottadges

40 minutes ago, scottadges said:

I'm still running 1.2.2 since I can't get my game to stop crashing (due to a variety of mods) but since the 3.3.13 update, it seems I don't even get the toolbar button in VAB or SPH anymore. It also shows the stock symmetry controls instead on the numbers, etc.

I've tried re-downloading and also via CKAN. Apologies, I'm not that familiar with log files or GitHub or stuff like that. I'm hoping there's a way to get a version that is known to work with 1.2.2? or is it only the version that works with 1.3?

Thanks!

Got to Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/48/Editor Extensions Redux

Click on ChangeLog, and you will see version 3.3.12.

Download that and install it.  also, make sure that there is only one ModuleManager*.dll in your GameData directory, and that it is version 2.7.6

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Got to Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/48/Editor Extensions Redux

Click on ChangeLog, and you will see version 3.3.12.

Download that and install it.  also, make sure that there is only one ModuleManager*.dll in your GameData directory, and that it is version 2.7.6

Thank you! I'll try that, appreciate your reply.

UPDATE: Yes! It worked like a charm. Thanks for pointing out the Changelog on Spacedock, I didn't know you could download previous versions like that!

Edited by scottadges

On 1/06/2017 at 7:44 AM, Jim DiGriz said:

3.3.13 seems to get picked up by ckan on 1.2.x installs and seems to break backwards compat and presumably only works on 1.3.x

might be useful to update ckan to make it 1.3.x only

Indeed, this is pretty annoying.
@linuxgurugamer, the CKAN metadata includes:

"EditorExtensionsRedux": {
"module_version": {
"3.3.13"
"ksp_version_max": "1.3.0",
"ksp_version_min": "1.2.0",

Which indicates it's compatible with any KSP version from 1.2 - 1.3, is this correct? From what I see it's incompatible with 1.2.x, and should be marked as such...

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's strange, it is supposed to pick up the .version info, which does exclude it.

Your .version file is correct, so this may be another CKAN bug... It wouldn't be the first, another mod hit much the same issue recently.

2 hours ago, steve_v said:

Your .version file is correct, so this may be another CKAN bug... It wouldn't be the first, another mod hit much the same issue recently.

Actually, it was wrong.  There were enough changes in KSP that while the binaries in previous versions would work (ie:  dll compiled for 1.2.2 would run in 1.2), that I had to change the .version to exclude the previous versions