[1.1.3] Gameframer KSP: Automatically document and show off your stuff [v0.6.3-beta]

noisybit

@hvacengi, Thanks for the help! I was able to get the basic idea working. See the branch and this test program. Three methods are needed to capture events. The test program provides a UI to test them all.

public bool RegisterEvent(string id, string eventName)
public bool DeregisterEvent(string id, string eventName)
public bool CaptureEvent(string id, string eventName, string description)

You must register the event (one time) before calling capture. Registration will also expose a setting for the user to enable/disable the event.

This is all a little rough right now but if you (or anyone else) is interested in making this work let me know and I can work with you and add some polish.

@Torgo I was going to debug the compatibility issue, but it looks like CraftHistory isn't compatible with KSP 1.1 yet? :/

@tg626 Thanks, perfect instructions! I am able to replicate the problem. I'll figure out a fix and get it out ASAP.

19 minutes ago, noisybit said:

I was going to debug the compatibility issue, but it looks like CraftHistory isn't compatible with KSP 1.1 yet? :/

@noisybit Yep. They're working on it now. My guess is it will be ready for 1.12 about the same time 1.13 is ready, as is the natural way of things :) 

2 minutes ago, noisybit said:

0.6.3-beta released. No functional changes, built for 1.1.3.

@tg626 This version should also fix your PartTools problem. If you merge Gameframer folders, make sure to delete the old FlightRecorder.cfg and only the new FlightRecorder.txt remains.

I'm on vacation, but I'll let you know when I get back! :)

Edited by tg626

• 2 weeks later...

I have one small issue to indicate.

when this plugin captures the ship image it seems to cut the image when the ship is using fairings. This seems to be originated from KVV, but when I use KVV manually I can adjust the picture so it contains the ship plus the fairing, since this plugins takes the picture automatically (which is great) it almost always cuts the tip of my ships.

Not sure if there is one way to adjust it. Some obvious solution would be that KVV did it properly, but maybe there is some kind of work around (detect faring and decrease zoom a little bit before processing the image?).

Feature request - adding to the Final Frontier integration mentioned above, how about being able to get a picture of each of our Kerbs? I'm sure there are many people who use Texture Replacer to get different uniforms and faces. It would be another step towards presenting an integrated space program page. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just installed your nice looking mod/plugin/whatever. Launch KSP, enable things and choose name. But when I try start recording mission, it just say error - error communicating with server. My internet isn't too bad, so is problem with your server or it can be caused by me somehow?

Thanks

Ave! Toonu

EDIT: Actually I repaired it somehow, but is there an feature I will like to see in your amazing mod. :D

Feature to edit names is possible?

And second feature is disable downloading craft file, because I like sharing my results, but like to see people develop their ships, not just download my 100+ ton ships and play with them. Is possible to see in future disable it in edit vessel data?

Edited by Toonu

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.