The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Thanks to @Just Jim and @KSK for dem tips and link, will try to start my own story this Saturday when I get the chance to.

8 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK, I've been thinking....  (oh nooo....)

I think I said somewhere in here I had planned a few more parts, and the next one would be a little more light-hearted.... well, I changed my mind.  
It's my universe, I can do what I want...... :sticktongue:
No, seriously, the more I think about it, the more I don't want to lighten things up, I want to keep things going just the way they are.  And maybe make them worse...... hehehe
I can't deny it, I've been holding back a little on you guys up to this point. 
Not any more.... bwaahahahaha... from now on, no mercy. 
I'm going right for the jugular...
I promise more surprises, more cliff-hangers..... definitely more weirdness..... and most of all, more adventures with Harfield and Jandolin and the rest of the gang!!  :wink: 

So it's going to take me a week or so to get everything in place, then the tale of Emiko Station ends....

And the Saga of Emiko Station begins...   :cool:

You promised no Kerbal-killing. As long as you keep that promise then I don't care what happens. 

21 minutes ago, Greenhornet553 said:

Thanks to @Just Jim and @KSK for dem tips and link, will try to start my own story this Saturday when I get the chance to.

You promised no Kerbal-killing. As long as you keep that promise then I don't care what happens. 

1. I just did, and I'm thinking I'm a bad writer

2. He didn't say kill kerbals ;) 

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I think I said somewhere in here I had planned a few more parts, and the next one would be a little more light-hearted.... well, I changed my mind.  
It's my universe, I can do what I want...... :sticktongue:
No, seriously, the more I think about it, the more I don't want to lighten things up, I want to keep things going just the way they are.  And maybe make them worse...... hehehe

Good.  I like dark :D

3 hours ago, Greenhornet553 said:

Oh no, I still promise no killing off anyone.  May blow them up a bit.... but not dead. That is set in stone, never fear.  I love my little green buddies...  :D

What I meant is there were a couple times in what I already wrote I could have strung the suspense along more than I did. Keep you hanging off a cliff a bit.  Like Karenna's 2nd jet crash.  I could have let y'all think she was dead a couple chapters, but I thought that might be a little cruel. 
But from here on, be ready to get strung out a little...  hehe.  I won't get super dark or anything.  I just won't let y'all off the hook so easily either from now on, OK?

3 hours ago, RA3236 said:

1. I just did, and I'm thinking I'm a bad writer

Give yourself some time.... you just started it. 

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh no, I still promise no killing off anyone.  May blow them up a bit.... but not dead. That is set in stone, never fear.  I love my little green buddies...  :D

You mean everyone in the whole story gets a suit of plot armor? Oh, my dear Jim--how can you possibly have suspense over whether someone's dead or not if you've promised not to kill her? Maybe you're just promising not to capriciously try to kill anyone, but if it happens it happens? Come on, man, there's your out--walk it back! Sometimes you just have to kill the cutie--or at least threaten to.

...and they say my 'verse is the "cuddly" one. ;) 

20 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

You mean everyone in the whole story gets a suit of plot armor? Oh, my dear Jim--how can you possibly have suspense over whether someone's dead or not if you've promised not to kill her? Maybe you're just promising not to capriciously try to kill anyone, but if it happens it happens? Come on, man, there's your out--walk it back! Sometimes you just have to kill the cutie--or at least threaten to.

You do have a point.....  hmmmmmmmmmm......... I may have to rethink this...  dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn 

OK, I rethought it... I don't think it's much of a spoiler to say I'm heading out soon to places like Eve and Tylo, so I really can't 100% guarantee everyone will survive..... :0.0: 

Chapter 26
A Brief Intermission

Not long after the downfall of Thompberry Kerman, Harfield and Jandolin boarded a private shuttle and headed back to Emiko Station. For the first time in along, long while, Jandolin was laughing and joking and anxious to get home.

QZihLn1.jpg

UjME9mN.jpg

As they entered orbit, Harfield looked over at Jandolin and said, "I love you..."

And Jandolin promptly grabbed a space sickness bag and heaved her lunch into it...

Startled, Harfield reached over to her and asked, "Are you alright, dear?"

Jandolin composed herself, sat back, and reached down to pat her slightly bulging belly, "Yes, sweetheart, I'm fine. Everything is absolutly perfect." 

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over.....

Go to Chapter 27
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

LOL!   I read this and had an "Airplane"  flashback....":Gee....Jim never barfs at home....:" 

Not the same at all, I know....but I've never been through what Jandolin's going through.  ACK!  Suddenly I want to.....biology is so weird......not nice and clean and sensible like rocket science...

29 minutes ago, Crystal_Mace said:

LOL!   I read this and had an "Airplane"  flashback....":Gee....Jim never barfs at home....:" 

Ooh, I think that may be one of the few Airplane tropes we haven't used yet--at least one of the ones that wouldn't violate Community Guidelines.

Actually I don't have anything picked out yet, this is a new twist my mother suggested that worked really well with what I already had planned. 
In fact it helps tie stuff together with a lot of new twists and turns..... my head has been overloading with new possibilities all day.

I have to do some stuff with my career game, so I thought I'd let the game itself decide. 
All the other characters I've used so far are game generated, and every now and then some really good ones pop up either for hire or as a rescue. 
I'm betting I have something before long.

3 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Is there a trope for "Killing my browser"?  Because now I'm going to have a tab explosion.

9 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

Zoe, if girl. Dalton, if boy.

Hehehe... I'm not saying yet... but y'all are more than welcome to keep picking names.  I see a good one I may use it.

5 hours ago, RA3236 said:

Cool!!! I wonder if the kid is to be born on Emiko...

OK, while I just said I'm not saying what's going to happen, this I can pretty much guarantee.  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

15 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

Oh no. You should probably watch this before proceeding, @Just Jim.

(I'm using the :rolleyes: to indicate what I mean,)

Actually this was kind of fascinating.  I've been working on an outline for a real novel, and one of the things I was thinking is humans born in gravity other than Earth's, say a Mars colony, could end up seriously screwed up.
Looks like I'm on the right track.

As for the game, Kerbals can be born in any gravity....  at least in my universe... :wink:

54 minutes ago, Andem said:

Thank god! 

PS, Ezra! Gender-Neutral name for the baby!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh........ actually, Jandolin hasn't had an ultrasound yet, so for now male and female names are fine. 

You never know, she may be carrying twins....  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.