The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

10 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I'm not sure how to share them..... and I don't want to sound like a jerk about it, but wouldn't it be better if they learned to build and fly one on their own first? 
I'm more than willing to help anyone with theirs when I have time.

EDIT:  Replied before I saw your last.  But for the future, IMHO, the best way to share craft files is with Dropbox.

----------------

While some folks might want to just have the ship to fly themselves, most would probably get it to 3D print via Eucl3D as a sign of devotion to your cause.  I would, anyway.  Geez, the interlocking of those bicouplers is deserving of being immortalized in physical form..  I wouldn't fly it myself because I try to avoid SSTOs as much as possible and the thing was designed for a mission not on my agenda so wouldn't do me much good anyway..

But it is a wonderful thing that I'd like to hang from my ceiling on fishing line.  None of my own ships are worthy of such memorialization.

Edited by Geschosskopf

31 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Jeb!'s craft is still not an ssto.

One possible reason Jeb! didn't respond the first time could be that he's trying to keep the thread somewhere near the basic topic--which, if I recall correctly, was the OP's mission report and associated story. :) 

OK, I spent the evening getting the last screenshots I need for the next chapter... and having all sorts of evil fun getting the last ones.  :huh:

It's late, and I'm done for today.  Tomorrow morning I just have sort thru them, number and upload the ones I want, then get the next chapter posted.

But, because we have some new readers, and I'm feeling in a particularly wicked mood.... bwaahahahaha....  :mad:
I'm going to give you all a little teaser from upcoming Chapter 36...... sleep well!

FmhY454.jpg

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over.....

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

One possible reason Jeb! didn't respond the first time could be that he's trying to keep the thread somewhere near the basic topic--which, if I recall correctly, was the OP's mission report and associated story. :) 

True, but it's also because I was eating dinner. :) 

3 hours ago, max_creative said:

Wait a second... ITS NOT AN SSTO!!! I see the remains of TT-38K Radial Decouplers on the outboard air intake pods! On the FL-T800 Fuel Tanks! :confused:

@max_creative, you caught me! I added 50 or so Sepratrons to give it a boost.

@Just Jim, you're picture kind of gives it away... :D

8 minutes ago, Jeb! said:

True, but it's also because I was eating dinner. :) 

@max_creative, you caught me! I added 50 or so Sepratrons to give it a boost.

BUSTED!!! :rolleyes: That is why it's useful to be messing around on your school iPad after school :P

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

That is a good point.

11 minutes ago, max_creative said:

BUSTED!!! :rolleyes: That is why it's useful to be messing around on your school iPad after school :P

Yeahhhh... well technically it's still an SSTO 'cause the other stage is only used on the ground... that's really weak... kinda... I'll work on it.

11 minutes ago, max_creative said:

That is a good point.

Ok really I'll just keep to Jim's story related stuff now. :D sorry.

Edited by Jeb!

On 17/03/2016 at 1:47 AM, Jeb! said:

Yeahhhh... well technically it's still an SSTO 'cause the other stage is only used on the ground... that's really weak... kinda... I'll work on it.

Well I strap hammer SRBs to basically everything that I make... So I guess were even.

Can't wait for chapter 36!!! Ooo great idea! Destroy thompberry with MOAR BOOSTERS!!! Or the omg no don't do it Jeb!!! (The deathtrap ssto I'm building right now.)

Results:

1: wobbly

2: Boom

3: dangerously unstable

4: engines not properly adjusted

so another day of ssto explosions. :P:P:P

I could say that I'm not scared because says he won't kill his Kerbals...(generally...unless he really just has to...)  but that kind of reminds of people who say "Why should you worry about catching tomorrow's program?  You KNOW the good guys are going to win!"  Not really the bleeding point, you know?  :)  So yeah.....VERY scary teaser pic!   I'll try not to panic again.....

10 hours ago, Jeb! said:

Ohhh????  Trust me, if you think you know where I'm going..... you're wrong.... bwaahahahahha..... I'm the king of unpredictable   :wink:

7 hours ago, Andem said:

@Just Jim Is that... an asteroid... on The SPACE CENTRE???

hmmmm.... sort of looks like one... a really huge and familiar looking one at that..... :0.0:

4 hours ago, Crystal_Mace said:

I could say that I'm not scared because says he won't kill his Kerbals...(generally...unless he really just has to...)  but that kind of reminds of people who say "Why should you worry about catching tomorrow's program?  You KNOW the good guys are going to win!"  Not really the bleeding point, you know?  :)  So yeah.....VERY scary teaser pic!   I'll try not to panic again.....

well, I've kinda pulled back a bit..... I said I would try not to kill off anyone.... but sometimes crap happens... lol.... ;.;

OK, I just got up and I need a shower and some coffee, then we'll get this next chapter wrapped up..

On 17/03/2016 at 11:58 AM, Just Jim said:

OK, I just got up and I need a shower and some coffee, then we'll get this next chapter wrapped up..

YES!!! :D <----- me

I hope that is at least not emiko. Another idea! Have Godzilla smash Thompberry!!! Or put him in the omg no don't do it JEB!!! (Extremely unstable ssto)

Chapter 37
The Vision

It had been nearly two hours since the twins were discovered stowed away aboard the Diamondback. The children were separated, something they both hated, while Kerenna sat in the cockpit on the radio, and tried desperately to calm down Jandolin and Harfield.

jlz7wNn.jpg

In the back, even with the hatches closed, Gem and Theo both could hear their parents yelling, and were beginning to realize the gravity of their situation. Then for a few minutes everything grew quiet, until Kerenna's voice came over the intercom.

HxEKty5.jpg

"OK, Niblings.... this is the situation," she began, "Your parents are extremely disappointed with you, as is everyone in KASA. Yes, everyone at KASA knows what you have done." Both children looked scared as Kerenna continued, "As of this moment, you are both officially KASA cadets."

Jeb gasped, but remained quiet as Kerenna explained, "Do NOT think this is some sort of reward for your actions, it is not.  You have put KASA, and Gene Kerman himself, in a terrible position, and this may be the only way to salvage it."

"But, Aunty K...." Gem began, but was cut off.

"Do you two realize what you have done? If word ever gets out about this, every child on Kerbin will be trying to run away to space! You two... you are special, and you know it! Every kid on Kerbin looks up to you! And now... now Gene Kerman... my... my boss... and the person who made it all possible for you to live on Emiko Station... Tomorrow Gene will be forced to hold a press conference, and lie... LIE.... to cover up what you have done! Do you understand?"

9wUrcW7.jpg

Now the reality hit them, and both children began to softly cry.

"Oh no.... don't you dare start crying!" Kerenna shouted over the intercom, "You are now cadets!  And cadets do not cry!"

Startled, the children sat upright.

"And beginning tomorrow, Cadets, you will begin your formal training. Do not think for a second this is going to be some sort of vacation trip. You will be required to pull duty in the cockpit with the rest of us, and every minute you are not, you will be studying. As of this moment, we five here, Jeb, Val, Bill and Bob and myself, we five are your tutors. And school has just started, have I made myself clear?"

Both children immediately replied, "Yes, ma'am."

"Good."  And with a sigh, Kerenna shut off the intercom, and heard the children in back break down and begin sobbing hysterically.

"Ahhhh, this parenting stuff is hard," She thought to herself.... "Piper, I wish you were here..."

But it was days, in fact, before Piper Kerman heard about the exploits of the children. As soon as she had said her farewells, Piper received a priority 1 communication. She was to proceed immediately to Kerbin Station, pick up a VIP and transport him to the Mun Colony. And she was ordered to maintain strict radio silence during the mission.

Not one to question orders, she did as requested, and was soon landing near Mun colony with her passenger. She did not know who was onboard, she did not ask. But she was quite curious and startled when she spied another raptor, similar but not the same as hers, already landed near the Colony.

gKejgIm.jpg

fXx1n9c.jpg

The other raptor was smaller and sleeker, and armed with a Klaw.  And she recognized it immediately. "Captain Kuzzter.... what are you doing here?" she whispered to herself.

uDpCFQ3.jpg

Then she watched her passenger disembark and head for the colony, and she realized with a start it was none other than Mort Kerman himself!

Once inside Mort found the cabin containing Captain Kuzzter, and the two got down to business.

b5RuJzZ.jpg

"Captain, " Mortimer began, "I am glad you accepted my invitation."

Kuzzter smiled, "I was curious."

"Yes... well," Mort continued, "Sir, I have been authorized to offer you... well.... a deal."

pIJ3Ogm.jpg

"What kind of deal?" Kuzzter asked

Mort looked up and chose his words carefully, "A deal which might suit your... unique talents."

Kuzzter just looked at him.

"We have recently made a rather startling discovery. One that has not been made public." And he slid a printout over to the captain.

v9cPwdW.jpg

Intrigued, the captain asked, "And what am I looking at here?"

Mort smiled, "That, sir, is Dres."

"Dres?" Now the captain sounded incredulous... "Dres?  The little forgotten planet? But, there's some sort of ring around it. Dres doesn't have a ring."

Now Mort smiled, "Yes... well, it appears we may have been wrong."

Sliding the printout back, the captain was now quite curious, "And my part in this?"

"Captain Kuzzter, how would you like to go to Dres?"

lDrppbC.jpg

"Dres.... me? Why me?"

Mort smiled, "Because in the last two years, despite some at KASA's misgivings, you have proven yourself quite adept at finding and salvaging lost items. Because you are an adventurer... and, well...."

Captain Kuzzter smiled and finished for him, "Because my crew and I are expendable. Correct?"

Mort just smiled back.

"OK, KASA man.... I admire your candor. What is it you have in mind... specifically."

Mort got serious, "Our offer is this. KASA will outfit you and your crew with a new and larger ship, one capable of re-fueling itself.  And, if the mission proves successful, we are even prepared to offer you a small space station. In return, we need you to explore this.... ring. Our survey satellite has already located 15 large asteroids. We need more information. What we need is... well, a prospector."

Captain Kuzzter thought about it for a moment, then looked up and smiled, "Sure... sure, why not? Me crew and I have been getting a little restless lately. This mission of yours... this could be fun."

rdX8mVq.jpg

Outside, Piper left her raptor and was preparing to jetpack over to the colony when she spotted someone already outside, standing near the great rock. Without having to see her face, Piper knew it had to be the Rocklady, and decided to go and talk with her.

kBjtBTQ.jpg

hlG22Ur.jpg

BO6cPUv.jpg

Without looking at her, the Rocklady quietly said, "I've been waiting here for you, child."

"For me?" Piper asked.

"Yes, child.... the rock has been waiting for you."

tZgKTaP.jpg

"For me?" Piper asked. "OK, look.... I'm not saying I don't believe you... but seriously... did the rock itself actually speak to you? Tell you I was coming here?"

For several moments the Rocklady just stood there, then quietly began to explain.

NdR9Bih.jpg

"Do you believe all of nature is tied together, child?"

Piper thought a second, "Yes... yes, I do."

"Good.... and this rock?"

Piper looked back at the rock, "It's part of nature, yes.  But it isn't alive... is it?"

"Alive..... no, not alive... not as you and I understand life. But consider this, that rock and your own body contain mostly the same atoms and elements and minerals, just in a different combination. And you are alive, you have a consciousness... an awareness, if you will. But if you are made of the same... stuff... then why shouldn't this rock be aware?"

Piper thought about it... "I... I don't know."

From behind them another voice joined the conversation, "Good, good. Admitting you don't know is the first step in opening the mind."

Startled, Piper looked over and saw none other than Geschosskopf, Captain Kuzzter's first officer, emerging from the shadows.

BqViEuc.jpg

"You???"

"Yes, this one has also heard the call, although he won't admit it to himself," the Rocklady said.

Geschosskopf smiled grimly, "I..... I've studied the legends of the floating rocks. What you say isn't... isn't unprecedented. Throughout Kerbin history there have been many claims of people receiving... visions... from the rocks. I find this... fascinating."

Obn6bWI.jpg

Piper turned back to the Rocklady... "So, these rocks, they're aware?"

"In a sense, yes." The Rocklady continued. "But they understand less of us then we do of them. Rocks exist for hundreds of millions of years. They don't understand the passage of time as we do. To them we are a blip in a kind of endless dream."

"But," Piper interrupted, "But then why are they... talking... to you? Why now?"

"Because..." The Rocklady hesitated a second. "Because the rock's endless dream is becoming a nightmare... I don't know how to put it into words. It's as if the rocks... nature itself.... is terrified. And of what, I do not know."

Piper just stood there stunned... "Nature... is terrified? What could be so horrible?"

Geschosskopf spoke next, "Why not just ask it?"

"Ask it?" Piper asked in disbelief, "Me?  How do I ask a rock something?"

"Just reach out to it.... touch it.... open your mind to it," the Rocklady replied.

And so Piper reached out and touched the rock.

t6jcjnA.jpg

At first nothing happened... then in a flash, Piper's mind exploded in a cacophony of horrific images! Death, destruction... pain! Such terrible pain... blood.... screams.... It filled her with such dread, but she could not tear herself away. Her friends... dying.... dead..... agony as far as the eye could see...

Then she saw.... Oh no...... she saw Emiko..... her beautiful home... hurtling down towards Kerbin... and straight into KASA itself!

wUXyTVy.jpg

Death and despair seemed to fill her mind, but try as she might, she was frozen... she couldn't move... couldn't scream!

ucoVpm9.jpg

CV6saSP.jpg

And then she realized... she knew... that somewhere in this inferno of blood and death... somewhere in that horrific carnage, lay her own broken and shattered...... and now very, very lifeless body.

b5rYSKP.jpg

A wild howl tore thru Piper, and she flung herself away from the rock.

"NOOOOOOOO........ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...................."

Khy9803.jpg

6kOX85H.jpg

XSIw6LV.jpg

In the low Mun gravity she was thrown several meters backwards....

"Noooo... Oh god... please... no.... no.........no...... please....... "

And she fell into a motionless heap, her eyes wide with panic and terror....

"Noooooooooooo......... please, please......... no"

K71lAVO.jpg

1Z8xibq.jpg

DYw5nI4.jpg

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over....

Go to Chapter 38
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

Wonderful! Suspense, destruction, intrigue. @Geschosskopf fits right in as a rock-shaman. I just have one warning, and one complaint:

Warning: Go watch every episode of the first two seasons of ST:TNG. Take notes of everything they do with precocious lad Wesley Crusher, who started out trying to insert himself into the bridge crew and ended up being accepted as as cadet. DO NOT DO THOSE THINGS.

Complaint: I love being a character in you comic and all, but really you have to keep it believable. Everyone knows I'd never go to Dres. ;) 

22 hours ago, Andem said:

Wait... Didn't the original chariot have thrusters? OH SHI--

--Transmission-Lost--

--Log_Error--

--Error.Code-589_Interrupted-Mid;7!nsmit--

Oh great... I just remembered... And the model he's in has extra ones!!! Run!!! Actually he's going to figure out gravioli first so we have a little time to run away. You can eva to orbit on bop. He has vernor thrusters so... Run.:0.0:

Yeah I just checked. Read chapter 34 on page 27 he's in a chariot-V which doubled the forward and rear thrusters... Run!!! :0.0:

--If I can just get my crew to Dres, I can... Wait... Is that a Doodlebug? What's that orb atop it? Why is it reading life signs? OH--

--Audiolog Transmission Cancelled by Unknown Entity--

11 minutes ago, Andem said:

--If I can just get my crew to Dres, I can... Wait... Is that a Doodlebug? What's that orb atop it? Why is it reading life signs? OH--

--Audiolog Transmission Cancelled by Unknown Entity--

I hope Thompberry doesn't know how to kis and ose workshop to build a new bigger rocket... :0.0:

Where did I park my stearwing d45 again?

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

Wonderful! Suspense, destruction, intrigue. @Geschosskopf fits right in as a rock-shaman. I just have one warning, and one complaint:

Warning: Go watch every episode of the first two seasons of ST:TNG. Take notes of everything they do with precocious lad Wesley Crusher, who started out trying to insert himself into the bridge crew and ended up being accepted as as cadet. DO NOT DO THOSE THINGS.

Complaint: I love being a character in you comic and all, but really you have to keep it believable. Everyone knows I'd never go to Dres. ;) 

Actually, I've seen many interviews and such with Wil Wheaton where he seemed very upset himself at how the Wesley Crusher character developed.
So as a tribute to Wil Wheaton the actor, and not his character, I will definitely not  have an ensign Crusher in my story!   hehehe.....   

As for Dres.... my universe, my rules... you're going.... at least for now.....  :sticktongue:

Ok. Then I can smash them into the dres canyon and feed his remains to the kraken who lives in the mohole! :P

Thompberry is made of pure evil!

... Or a Stayputnik mk1, 2 Z-100 Rechargeable Battery Packs, 3 Communotron 16s, 2 ROUND-8 Toroidal Fuel Tanks, Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port and some ant or spider liquid fuel engines... :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.