The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

1 hour ago, Andem said:

@Just Jim is that shirt custom, or a promotional DLC? 

It's a custom shirt I made for her.

53 minutes ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

It might be too much of a hassle to go back and redo everything, but all female kerbals wear ponytails. Just saying. :wink:

33 minutes ago, Andem said:

She's a hybrid. :wink:

No, he's right, she should have bangs and a ponytail. But this was just a test screenshot, and I can easily fix her hair.  :D

19 minutes ago, Obsidian_mc said:

Well...

This is QUITE the interesting backstory :D

All the more hyped @Just Jim !

Also, any advice to a guy who is also trying to make a Fan Fic series? I have it on the forums but I don't know how to make it as excellent as yours... 

Thanks! :D

As for advice, watch as many old sci-fi movies as possible, and check out @Kuzzters writers thread for writers. There is a ton of great tips and advice, more than I can think of just by myself.

This may be an inappropriate place to say this, but this is The only thread were anyone listens to me. I think I found an new Easter egg! In the gilly scenario, go to the tracking station and switch to one of the debris. You will find a empty booster with a nose cone that is black and cannot be found in the VAB!

Edited by The solid fuel chemist

13 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

This may be an inappropriate place to say this, but this is The only thread were anyone listens to me. I think I found an new Easter egg! In the gilly scenario, go to the tracking station and switch to one of the debris. You will find a empty booster with a nose cone that is black and cannot be found in the VAB!

10 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

@The solid fuel chemist, I hate to burst your bubble, but the nose cones are both the normal 2.5-meter variety.

Also, have you tried creating a new thread? Posting a potential Easter Egg discovery wouldn't go in Mission Reports; I think General KSP would be a better fit....

Concerning Easter Eggs. The most important issue, if you happen to find a new one, is not to say too much and spoil it for other players. Yeah, I know my story is loaded with them, but I've been very careful to not give away their exact location, and in some cases, I outright lied. :sticktongue:

So like @The solid fuel chemistsaid, if you find one, it would probably be best if you posted a new thread and marked it with a lot of spoiler alerts.

However... having said that. I'm always looking for new stuff to add to Emiko, so if someone finds something really cool and wants to send me a private message... :wink:

14 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Hmmmm...now we have a whole NEW question to cinsider...Emiko was an...I don't know...maybe a human who likes to take baths in Lime kool-aid?  any6way...is this some sort of "Captain-N The Game Master" thing?

Hehehe... Oh wow, that is so wonderfully bad... No, thankfully it's not Captain-N.  :)

12 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

@The solid fuel chemist, I hate to burst your bubble, but the nose cones are both the normal 2.5-meter variety.

Hide contents

LTtfBuX.png

Vz1xv7L.png

Also, have you tried creating a new thread? Posting a potential Easter Egg discovery wouldn't go in Mission Reports; I think General KSP would be a better fit....

THIS IS COMPLETE KRAKEN CRAP!  Here I am thinking I found a new Easter egg, and it turns out it's just a glitch in my computer. 

16 minutes ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

THIS IS COMPLETE KRAKEN CRAP!  Here I am thinking I found a new Easter egg, and it turns out it's just a glitch in my computer. 

Don't sweat it, stuff like this happens more often than you'd think.  :)

Wait so I looked at the boosters closer and Even flew a craft out there  to do a side-by-side comparison's and the black nose cones on the boosters have a very slightly different shape than the normal nose cones. I know that the magic Boulder was only a Windows Easter egg (pretty sure, not certain) , so maybe this is only for Mac? :huh:

Edited by The solid fuel chemist

Chapter 65
Until Death Do Us Part...

(Featuring a short bonus video...)

Only 2 hours after the horrifying Eagle explosion near the Armstrong Memorial on the Mun, Jandolin was doing her level best to keep Emiko calm while they awaited for word from the KASA medical center on Werhner's condition. But the situation was grim, and poor Emiko was in near hysterics.

j18Cr15.png

fttAqk9.png

"He.... he.... Oh, Jandolin! He was always there... there for Emiko. Even back all those years ago... he was the only real friend Emiko had!" she sobbed. "And then Emiko learns how he lied.... lied to the whole world for years, just to keep Emiko's secret! Oh, Jandolin... Emiko can't lose him now!"

"I... I know," Jandolin choked,"We all love Werhner... and what you did... I..."

But just then the door behind them opened, and Gene slowly walked out, his face a complete blank, and looked straight at Emiko.

"What... what did you DO to him?" was all he whispered.

7DjkzFn.png

JOYNijt.png

What, indeed? Thinking back to just a couple hours ago on the Mun, Jandolin could only shake her head. One second everything seemed fine, and the next the Eagle began to not just overheat, but glow searing red hot. Even thru her suit Jandolin felt her feet burning, and screamed for Harfield and the rest of the crew to run as she dove off of the Eagle and tried to get as far from it as she could. 

The next couple seconds were a blur... Harfield running with her.... the Rocklady stumbled and fell... Piper diving over her... and then the Eagle exploded... and above her Emiko shrieking...

"Werhner! Oh, no... NO.... WERHNER!!!!"

Lo7uDLw.png

At that very second, back at the KASA space center, only moments before he would learn of the cataclysm now unfolding on the Mun, Gene Kerman was sitting in his office, when suddenly the entire building seemed to sigh and shake ever so slightly. And without having to look, Gene knew the Magic Boulder perched on the roof of the administration building was gone.

pVvRVyZ.png

BfNxoOP.png

Back on the Mun, Emiko was kneeling down beside Werhner von Kerman, who had just been hit in the helmet by a massive fragment, and was lying completely lifeless...

"Oh... no... no...." Emiko whispered.

At that moment there was a second flash, and Emiko prayed silently it would take her as well, and she could at least join Werhner in whatever afterlife awaited them. And take her it did... but not at all how she expected. Unbeknownst to her, the secondary flash was, in fact, her Magic Boulder, appearing below and behind her. But this time it almost seemed to understand the emergency, and in just microseconds there were 6 bright flashes, followed by the Boulder itself, and the crew of the doomed Eagle lander were gone before the flames and dust of the doomed Eagle lander had settled.

apO5jSO.png

dT0xB6W.png

GeiLQX6.png

PFkDE7z.png

Now completely aware and freaked out by the disaster on the Mun, Gene Kerman was just leaving his office when he saw a flash behind him in the window, and the Magic Boulder appeared once again, this time near the KASA flagpole. What he couldn't see from his office  was the tragic scene unfolding below the boulder.

R1CcgmK.png

iYz971K.png

EVMsw9F.png

9TdeEBv.png

Piper, the Rocklady, Jandolin, and Harfield all stood in complete shock and horror, while Emiko stood totally stone faced. At her feet, his face plate completely smashed in, lie the motionless figure of Werhner von Kerman! Jandolin felt the tears welling in her eyes, but before she could cry out, Emiko seemed to shake her head and bring herself back to the moment... and then she did the most remarkable thing. As fast as she could, Emiko ripped off Werhner's helmet and flung it away from them, then did the same with her own, and began to scream at Werhner!

"Werhner... WERHNER!!! You stay with Emiko!"

7sDcqKO.png

ISdBEbn.png

Then to the rest of the crews complete amazement, Emiko lifted both her arms above her head, clenched her hands into a double fist, and brought them down with all her might right into the center of Werhner's chest! And then she did it again, and again! And then she bent over and seemed to kiss him, really, really deeply a couple times. And then she started pounding on his chest again, all the while screaming and yelling at him!

"Come on Werhner... come on!  Emiko know you're not gone... you haven't poofed... don't you dare leave me!"

Over and over she did this, until Piper began to think she had gone insane, and started to intervene. But next to her the Rocklady watched in fascination, and motioned for Piper to wait.

"I... don't believe this... but I think she knows what she's doing."

flbUyG9.png

"Come on, Werhner," Emiko began to pant as she reached down and locked her mouth to his yet again, the sweat pouring down her face and mixing with her tears, "Please... please... Emiko can't do this... alone... Please... come back!"

And just then, as the emergency crews began to reach the tragic scene, Werhner's back arched violently; he gasped and choked, and to everyone's disbelief, he began to breath again! 

Emiko stepped back and then dropped to her knees in complete exhaustion as the crews moved in, gently lifted Werhner onto a stretcher and hurried him off the the Emergency ward, and a cheer began to ring out among the gathering spectators. And Jandolin stood in shock and tried to wrap her brain around the fact that Emiko Kerman had just brought someone back from the brink of death!

CvKKcmZ.png

That was two hours ago, and Gene was now bringing the crew news from the operating room of Werhner's condition. But as he walked up to Emiko, all Gene could do was whisper.

"What did you do to him, Emiko?"

DetYM7F.png

ZC3TG8B.png

Now truly horrified that the worst had happened, Emiko began to whimper, "Emiko... Emiko tried..."

But when he reached her, Gene reached out and gently took her hands into his, and began to smile faintly, "Yes, yes... you did.... Whatever you did.. It worked!"

VxL48SO.png

I7MVZkF.png

"Then is... is Werhner going to make it?" Emiko tried to ask, barely able to breath.

"Yes, Emiko. He's in pretty rough shape, but thanks to you, the doctors are confident he's going to recover!" And around them the crew all broke into smiles of relief.

o9q4zKk.png

"But I have to know," Gene asked Emiko, "What was that you did back there? I didn't see it myself, but the rumors are spreading like wildfire. Did you really hit him?"

"Yes, Emiko hit Werhner... more or less," Emiko smiled. "Is called Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and Emiko read about it in a book on Human physiology. Emiko never actually did it before today, but Kerbins and Humans more or less laid out the same inside... And Emiko was pretty desperate."

2AquovV.png

"OK, wait now.... what?" Gene exclaimed, shaking his head. "Hu-man... what's a Human? Wait... the saucers... are you saying these Humans are what made them, and who took you away?"

"No... yes... sort of," Emiko smiled. "Much, much more complicated. Humans did not make saucers. But Emiko remembers now who did make the saucers, and why they took Emiko.... Took Emiko to a planet called Earth, far, far from here, where the humans live, or once lived."

"Once lived? "Harfield asked, fascinated that the Armstrong Memorial had somehow jarred Emiko memory. 

"Yes, Harfield Kerman, once," Emiko suddenly grew sad. "Emiko watched a video of Neil Armstrong landing on Human moon. But video was only 20 years old, Harfield Kerman. It was only 20 years old, and Neil Armstrong was still alive when Emiko was on Earth!"

Now grasping what Emiko was implying, Harfield gasped, "But the memorial is hundreds of years old! The only way that could be possible..."

"Is if the saucer aliens took her back in time," Jandolin whispered, completing her husband's train of thought.

"Yes, Jandolin and Harfield, exactly. If Emiko was taken back to long before the memorial was built, then did humans once visit Kerbin's Mun and build it? And if they did build it... where are they now?"

NeGHFGN.png

By now enough time had passed for a signal to reached Thompberry Kerman, still en route back from Duna, and his voice slithered across Gene's wrist-com.

"I am <gurgle> pleased von Kerman <bubble> will recover. <And I assure you <gurgle gurgle> this was not my doing"

"Oh, no... Piper yelled, "Not so fast... how are we supposed to believe you, you shriveled..."

But before she could go into another of her now famous rants, the Rocklady of all Kerbins cut her off in mid-sentence.

"Now, Piper... this is not the time. We have no proof." she smiled at Piper, then turned her attention to Thompberry. "As for you, master Thompberry, there is no evidence you are to blame for the accident on the Mun. But if you want us to trust us, then use that computer brain of yours to find out what did cause it."

Then the Rocklady turned back to Emiko and smiled. "I am sorry for the interruption, my dear, and I am most curious to hear more about these humans, as you call them. They are a completely alien species? And the saucers took you to see them? How fascinating!"

mtG5jgt.png

"Took Emiko to live with them for many long Eaath days," Emiko smiled. "Ahhh, humans. So very brilliant and weird. Capable of such greats achievements, but also so very, very stupid. And weird looking... Tall, clumsy, a sort of brownish color, but varying from light tan to very dark brown, and all shades in between. Quite odd."

Emiko stopped for a minute and cocked her head, then smiled, "Emiko remembers most of it now. But it's a long story, and would best if Emiko started from the beginning."

eTvWo1Q.png

"After Emiko was sucked into Saucer's vortex," she began, "Emiko floated for a long, long time. Hours... days... centuries? It was hard to tell, and eventually Emiko drifted off and lost consciousness. But when Emiko awoke, it was inside some sort of... pod, in a ship Emiko suspects was a different kind of saucer." 

sG8lKIO.png

wo7ZbBu.png

"Emiko didn't know where she was, but it was pretty weird, and before Emiko could climb out, the pod closed, and it began to get cold... so very, very cold. Cold enough to freeze Emiko completely!"

pjDfYOR.png

ypMB9AT.png

653GpEr.png

ZE5pAwH.png

"Emiko doesn't know how much time passed, or what really happened, only that she was occasionally thawed partially out... while the saucer aliens... altered Emiko!"

svuvMGt.png

Around her the crew gasped, "Altered? How?

"Emiko is not sure, only that they... did things to Emiko... changed Emiko... genetically. Altered Emiko's body to survive among the humans!" Emiko paused, and looked around her. Then she drew in a deep breath.

"And then the makers of the saucers dumped Emiko on planet Earth, in a place called Belladonna Cove....."

The Saga of Emiko Station, and the Tale of Emiko Kerman, are far, far from over...

Go to Chapter 66
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

I'm just going to point this out, Gene should have told Emiko that Wernher was ok before grilling her about her medical methods. To quote the Nostalgia Critic on his review of (Sharkboy and Lavagirl):

Max: Your father really is at the bottom of the ocean. (Sharkboy sulks) He's in a submarine, looking for you. (Sharkboy smiles)

NC: Okay, for the record... Dick delivery, all right?

But for the record, I'm guilty of this too. #SorryNotSorry

Edited by Andem

1 hour ago, Andem said:

I'm just going to point this out, Gene should have told Emiko that Wernher was ok before grilling her about her medical methods. To quote the Nostalgia Critic on his review of (Sharkboy and Lavagirl):

But for the record, I'm guilty of this too. #SorryNotSorry

He wasn't grilling her, Gene was just in complete shock that Emiko was able to save him at all. That's why he kept stammering "What did you do?" Kerbins never invented CPR.... until today. :)

Edited by Just Jim

15 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Wait... Sooooooo Emiko is both a Kerbal and a hoo-min human?... Ok, now I'm starting to get really confused...

No, in a nutshell Emiko is now a genetically altered Kerbin, a sort of hybrid, changed around by the saucer aliens to survive on Earth, which is actually much larger than Kerbin, and different in other ways that I'll get into later. 

19 minutes ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

Wow. That was great. Also, why is Mr.Mcgreggor ironic?

I meant that his name is also "Old Man" MacGreggor... 

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Two things I notice:

I'm not the only one who uses windows movie maker (or the effects are generic and shared between programs).

I recognize that saucer from Alice 3. But then again, it might be a generic asset shared between programs.

AWESOME Chapter!

Unfortunately, movie maker is the only video editing software I have at the moment.

And the saucer is from the Sims2, but like you said, it may very well be a shared thing.

59 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Title: "Until Death do us Part"

Me: panic

Yeah, that was a little mean of me, I'll admit. :sticktongue:

But now that you've read the chapter, can you blame me for using it?

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

That was AWESOME! Love the video of Emiko's arrival. Also the super-dramatic LIVE DAMMIT LIVE! resuscitation scene--"You haven't poofed!"

I'm glad you liked the resuscitation... it was a bit of a fun challenge trying to imagine how it might appear to someone that had never heard of CPR before, and I hope I made it believable.

Edited by Just Jim

16 minutes ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

Emiko must have been on earth for a long time for her to learn CPR. I'm going to take a guess at why she knows it but not ruin it for other people.

Ohh... Put that one in a spoiler!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.