Just Jim

The Saga of Emiko Station - Chapter 78 - Blinded by the Light

3268 posts in this topic

On 13-3-2017 at 7:14 PM, Just Jim said:

Yeah, I hear ya. I only have 8 gigs right now.... and I would love to add more one of these days.

Mine is worse. According to Steam it can't run Terraria, and according to Minecraft it can't run Minecraft. I don't even have the specs for the game 8BitMMO, which advertises as 'could probably run on a toaster' :0.0:

I actually stopped playing KSP due to the extreme lag it had. 100 part rockets get me red framerates on launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My laptop can barely run KSP fluently at the lowest possible graphics settings. Still waiting for my proper PC to finally arrive here, wherever the effin' hell it's currently collecting dust. Starting to feel like I should track that thing down and get it by myself and have them refund me for the unnecessary extra costs and effort. I've paid for the damn thing forever and a day ago and still haven't received it!

 

But if it ever gets here one way or the other I'll probably be able to launch rockets thrice the height of the VAB at the highest graphics and 60 FPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, superstrijder15 said:

Mine is worse. According to Steam it can't run Terraria, and according to Minecraft it can't run Minecraft. I don't even have the specs for the game 8BitMMO, which advertises as 'could probably run on a toaster' :0.0:

I actually stopped playing KSP due to the extreme lag it had. 100 part rockets get me red framerates on launch.

 

4 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

My laptop can barely run KSP fluently at the lowest possible graphics settings. Still waiting for my proper PC to finally arrive here, wherever the effin' hell it's currently collecting dust. Starting to feel like I should track that thing down and get it by myself and have them refund me for the unnecessary extra costs and effort. I've paid for the damn thing forever and a day ago and still haven't received it!

 

But if it ever gets here one way or the other I'll probably be able to launch rockets thrice the height of the VAB at the highest graphics and 60 FPS.

My biggest problem is now that I have a faster computer, I want to build bigger, fancier ships... which eventually leads right back to where I started... :rolleyes:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2017 at 0:34 PM, Just Jim said:

hehe... thanks! I was wondering if anyone caught that one.  :D

"Just get us on the ground."

"That part'll happen pretty definitely."

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

OK, I made runner up in the Kerbal Chronicle thing... cool!

But back to Emiko Station.... this next chapter is taking a bit because I realized I boxed myself in at one spot. I don't know if anyone's picked up on it, or if y'all have just been too polite to say anything, but I've spent the last few days unboxing myself, so to speak, by taking a page or three from Doctor Who... :rolleyes: and I think I've got it. 

For those of you that don't watch Dr Who.... and those that do.... :D .... here's what got me thinking....

Spoiler

 

 

 

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang. All I will say about your teaser is dang... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Dang. All I will say about your teaser is dang... :D

:cool:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Imagine you were dying and a long way from home and in terrible pain. And just when you think it couldn't get any worse, you look up and see the face of the devil himself.

Hello, Dalek."

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commander Zoom said:

"Imagine you were dying and a long way from home and in terrible pain. And just when you think it couldn't get any worse, you look up and see the face of the devil himself.

Hello, Dalek."

You, my friend, are definitely a Whovian... :wink:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2017 at 2:08 PM, Just Jim said:

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

This teaser made my mind twist in a way I didn't think possible I think the twist for your story is with the kraken to get information for the kerbals or with the dalek like critter thwompberry

Edited by Buzz light fear
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm... some of the stuff I wanted to do for the next chapter is turning out to be a lot trickier than I first thought... :/

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 1:53 PM, Draconiator said:

Not a Who fan, but I've watched that clip so many times...

This is arguably one of the most iconic scenes in all of Dr. Who. And the one that roped me back in. What happened is Dr Who went off the air in 1996, and didn't come back until 2005.... which I was quite skeptical about.... until this episode. This one absolutely sold me, and made me a fan of the revival.

But I have to warn you.... most hardcore Dr Who fans will agree, nothing is ever quite as it seems.... and there are usually hints inside of hints.... including mine....

Edited by Just Jim
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing this story Emiko will probably be the reincarnated spirit of Kraken lords mother or something. If I can think of it the twist will top it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, MaxL_1023 said:

Knowing this story Emiko will probably be the reincarnated spirit of Kraken lords mother or something. If I can think of it the twist will top it.

You should probably not give Jim ideas, it is dangerous for the Kerbals.

 

@Just Jim I must admit I have found this a very interesting story, I have been trying not to laugh too much at some of the references too. Most enjoyable.

Eagerly awaiting MOAR Chapters!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's indeed been a while since the last chapter. Everything alright, Jim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DualDesertEagle said:

It's indeed been a while since the last chapter. Everything alright, Jim?

 

On 3/19/2017 at 7:13 PM, Just Jim said:

Hmmmm... some of the stuff I wanted to do for the next chapter is turning out to be a lot trickier than I first thought... :/

Sounds like the game is making it hard for him.

What are you doing, Jim? Trying to intercept an asteroid with a single continuous burn from liftoff, but you only have a 2m/s margin? Swooping under a Mün arch at interplanetary speeds? Return from Duna with a limited time, but the ship can't aerocapture deep enough? Or maybe you're trying to do that grand tour contract with an SSTO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now