The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I think Piper and Thompberry are going to, uh exchange protocols, if you catch my meaning. :wink:

Angelo, dude, they're not even the same species! 

Pipberry (YUS! SHIP NAME CREATED!) is not happening...

6 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Angelo, dude, they're not even the same species! 

Pipberry (YUS! SHIP NAME CREATED!) is not happening...

No, they are... or were... Thompberry is still Kerbin... well, at least he's a Kerbin brain... in a pod.... :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Brain in a pod =/= Kerbal.

Well... yes and no. Granted, he doesn't have a body any more. But for the most part he still thinks like a Kerbal.

Even if he isn't the same anymore, it's not really a big deal... just look at shows like Star Trek or Dr. Who. Inter-species relationships really aren't uncommon at all. 

But again, I haven't really decided yet what will happen... it depends on how the rest of the story plays out.

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Oh that ending made it sound like she just hopped into a car and started driving. I thought R&D was gonna bite the dust :sticktongue:

OK, I changed Obney's last sentence from "...take you out to see your grandmother." to "drive you out..."

That might make it a little clearer.  :)

It is also quite possible that whatever the Elder Kraken did to Thompberry contributed to curing the mental illness he had in the first place - maybe a vibrant, witty and intelligent young Kerman was hiding under a veneer of depression, mania and obsession the whole time. 

Either that, or some monoprop got into the brain jar. 

32 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

It is also quite possible that whatever the Elder Kraken did to Thompberry contributed to curing the mental illness he had in the first place - maybe a vibrant, witty and intelligent young Kerman was hiding under a veneer of depression, mania and obsession the whole time. 

Either that, or some monoprop got into the brain jar. 

30 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

I remember him 'deleting' the hate files a while ago.

29 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

The second option is far more likely.

I think the big thing with Thompberry is he spent so long alone, he's found he rather likes having "friends" for once... even if some of them still hate him. 

Edited by Just Jim

To be fair, such cooperativeness is not unlike what Thompberry was originally - just the change of circumstances. He was all for improving, inventing, redesigning, just back then he was opposed by more conservative (even if they also are scientists with quite advanced tech) people in control of KSC - thus all the plot to destroy and rebuild from scratch. Now, with things already falling apart due to another force, and everybody with the power to do anything about it agreeing that joining forces is and utilizing every available resource is crucial - now he is given a perfect chance to use his talents (and some new abilities) constructively without having to oppose others around him

5 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

It's sad that Thompberry is stuck with a Stayputnik though - imagine what he could do with an OKTO2 brain jar! 

4 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

But then he wouldn't be in a jar. It'd be a box

4 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

FASA has a cylindrical Agena probe core - maybe that would be more appropriate?

hahaha.... :D

OK, the truth about using the Stayputnik was purely cosmetic..... I was really scared about how people would react to me putting a brain in a jar, so I tried really hard to make something that looked both mechanical, but possibly alive, and finally ended up with the stayputnik and antennas and lights for eyes (eye-cameras).

Had I known how popular Thompberry would eventually become, I might have reached out to a really good mod maker like @Angel-125 to ask about making a custom brain-pod... but it's far too late for that now.

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, Just Jim said:

hahaha.... :D

OK, the truth about using the Stayputnik was purely cosmetic..... I was really scared about how people would react to me putting a brain in a jar, so I tried really hard to make something that looked both mechanical, but possibly alive, and finally ended up with the stayputnik and antennas and lights for eyes (eye-cameras).

Had I known how popular Thompberry would eventually become, I might have reached out to a really good mod maker like @Angel-125 to ask about making a custom brain-pod... but it's far too late for that now.

After all, that good old Stayputnick has been the main image of Emiko station for... forever! If you changed it now people would think the old thread got closed and you're making a spin-off

5 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

After all, that good old Stayputnick has been the main image of Emiko station for... forever! If you changed it now people would think the old thread got closed and you're making a spin-off

yeah.... that's what I meant by it's far too late. I know @Angel-125 (and other mod-makers) could and probably would make something really cool looking for Thompberry if I asked nicely... but switching his pod now would be like when a really good TV show changes a main character's actor or actress... and I really hate when that happens!

Edited by Just Jim

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

yeah.... that's what I meant by it's far too late. I know @Angel-125 (and other mod-makers) could and probably would make something really cool looking for Thompberry if I asked nicely... but switching his pod now would be like when a really good TV show changes a main character's actor or actress... and I really hate when that happens!

*cough* MASH! *cough*

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

*cough* MASH! *cough*

Not so much that... MASH changed story characters.... that I don't mind. What I meant is if halfway thru season 5 someone besides Alan Alda started playing the role of Hawkeye.... that would be so wrong!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.